No Patch in Over 31 Days!

Are you content with the progress of Bannerlord development?

• Yes

Votes: 50 27.8%
  • No

Votes: 130 72.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

I have no hopes for individual updates, no matter how "big" they say they are. My definition of big would be a major rework on the skill and attributes tree (which I don't think we will ever get, since they are committed to it), reworking the randomness of blacksmithing recipes with a nice functional system and adding customizable options for ranged weapons and armor, adding naval navigation, adding more villages/towns/kingdoms to the huge empty area of the map, adding actual quests with some minimal decent writing, rebalancing diplomacy and politics.

Instead we get very minor tweaks at more than a month interval, which are cool, but add very little to the game. That would be almost ok, if they didn't also always break something in the process or missed lots of bugs when implementing new mechanics. I mean, so far they added 1-2 skill trees per update with a lot of broken perks every single time. When they finally decided to revamp armor values, they remove some cool unit designs and still manage to give armor values that makes no sense. Dying in battle only happens if the player fights it, so we get both the player and the nearest faction with fewer lords than everyone else.

It's come to a point where we actually get surprised if things work properly. It feels bad being rude, but I'm not used to this much incompetence from a gaming developer. Bannerlord sold many copies and probably got out of that indie niche shade, so I wouldn't be surprised if another company actually makes the game Bannerlord was supposed to be in a few years from now.
Well formulated and is something that i also had in mind to during the process...To me its like oh that was good and went content then they slapped you in the face suddenly ^^ (hens i made that TW mad thread)

And im an pretty forgiving guy when it comes to buggs (depends) and misses during productions if the core is good

Last edited:
i am happy with the progress but i honestly don't get this code refractor thing is it still going i thought it finished or a people joking around

i am happy with the progress but i honestly don't get this code refractor thing is it still going i thought it finished or a people joking around

People are just joking about the code refactor. :smile:

There will always be some kind of "code refactor" that delays good stuff.

You're still looking at January for 1.5.7 and then you're 2-3 patches away from the 1 year in EA date.

Unless they're dropping new features and a lot of other stuff in these few patches or extending their EA time frame, the game is not looking ready for their planned 1 year EA release date.

Well to be fair they never said it is to be released within a year, it was just a vague goal they mentioned once. I think we all know TW will postpone the release. I for one hope they will postpone it. Maybe give it another 6 months.

Nope, get ready for two more weeks.
I believe that's 1.56. Mexxico said that 1.55 might come today:

Yes I made an estimation about monday or tuesday because I heard that patch was ready at friday but they do not want to deploy it due to weekend. Then yesterday we had one new problem and it could not be fixed yet so there will not be patch today however patch will be deployed tomorrow 90%.

I am not dealing with deployment or testing process by the way so I can make only guess about these stuff or give you information I heard.

Well to be fair they never said it is to be released within a year, it was just a vague goal they mentioned once. I think we all know TW will postpone the release. I for one hope they will postpone it. Maybe give it another 6 months.
Yeah, but their steam page says “While we do not have a set date for a full release at this moment in time, we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year. So I was just basing the time frame of their expectations. Of course that was made a year ago and could've completely changed.

I do hope they postpone it as well, they definitely need more time.

Yeah, but their steam page says “While we do not have a set date for a full release at this moment in time, we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year. So I was just basing the time frame of their expectations. Of course that was made a year ago and could've completely changed.

I do hope they postpone it as well, they definitely need more time.

Yeah that's the one I also meant. Feels very vague in the way it's written.

It's come to a point where we actually get surprised if things work properly. It feels bad being rude, but I'm not used to this much incompetence from a gaming developer. Bannerlord sold many copies and probably got out of that indie niche shade, so I wouldn't be surprised if another company actually makes the game Bannerlord was supposed to be in a few years from now.

This is sad to say but i'm waiting and hoping for this now! I'm really disappointed about Bannerlord too. Despite having one of the best community and feedback advices, TW failed for now. Bannerlord development seems like being his "Vietnam war". Maybe the game is too complex, there is something i really don't understand. Why Warband is so good and you can't make the same thing with just improving what need to be improve. Why Bannerlord sieges are so boring, you feel like a spectator (of pathfinding bugs and stupid AI behavior) and not an actor of the fight like in Warband. Why making a scene in Bannerlord is 10x times more work despite having a modern scene editor (which is not complete too, really amazing that's the most useful tool to make a scene: an AI mesh generator is the only thing that isn't implemented in scene editor yet). I still hope they can change the course of things but looking at what they've done for now, i'm not really waiting no more for the game i was hoping in 2015...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom