Do devs even play this game??

Users who are viewing this thread

Don't mean to sound like a troll. But do you guys even play the game for like half an hour before pushing out patches?
I mean half of them bugs are easy to spot, all you have to do is start the game and move around a bit.
I know this game is in early phrase, we are meant to help you guys with game development. But I think if you guys could fix all those tiny little but damn annoying bugs, we as players would be much more interested in playing the game, thus giving you guys more in depth suggests. I mean, we all do a quick spelling check before turning in papers right.?

Last edited:
Don't mean to sound like a troll. But do you guys even play the game for like half an hour before pushing out patches?
I mean half of them bugs are easy to spot, all you have to do is start the game and move around a bit.
I know this game is in early phrase, we are meant to help you guys with game development. But I think if you guys could fix all those tiny little but damn annoying bugs, we as players would be much more interested in playing the game, thus giving you guys more in depth suggests. I mean, we all do a quick spelling check before turning in papers right.?

At this stage in EA I'd rather have them spend that half hour time to fix an additional bug or add a perk than to thoroughly test what they did so far. It's a beta branch. There's gonna be bugs. They do hotfixes for the main ones anyway. There's no problem with this process, it is very standard in software development. Does the game load? Yes. Does it run? Yes. Is your save file corrupted? No. OK! Great, that's more than can be said for many software beta branches after a recent update.

Thats why the QA team exists and no most of these things are different for most people which is why they sometimes require save games if an issue cannot be reproduced so to answer you yes they do

I'd rather have them spend that time to fix two additional bugs than to thoroughly test what they did so far. It's a beta branch. There's gonna be bugs. They do hotfixes for the main ones anyway. There's no problem with this process, it is very standard in software development.

Yes, I understand and I can play this beta branch game with all those bugs. I'm just complaining about those extremely obvious ones. I wish they could just do a quick check, like 1 hour game play, if they dont find anything wrong in that on hour. then its good to go for release.

Yes, I understand and I can play this beta branch game with all those bugs. I'm just complaining about those extremely obvious ones. I wish they could just do a quick check, like 1 hour game play, if they dont find anything wrong in that on hour. then its good to go for release.

I'd rather have them spend that hour developing the game and let us find the bugs, then do a hotfix the next day. The QA team certainly has a standardized test set that they run on each release and it's not designed to catch everything because there are too many things to check.

Thats why the QA team exists and no most of these things are different for most people which is why they sometimes require save games if an issue cannot be reproduced so to answer you yes they do

say

• Fixed the issue where locking items in the trade screen prevented the "Take All/Buy All" feature from working as intended.

do you think bugs like this require thorough investigation or game save?
I've been playing beta branch begining. I'd say half of the beta releases have some bug trivial as this one.

say

• Fixed the issue where locking items in the trade screen prevented the "Take All/Buy All" feature from working as intended.

I've been playing beta branch begining. I'd say half of the beta releases have some bug trivial as this one.
When an issue cannot be reproduced what do you want them to do keep trying until they cant or get a save file

When an issue cannot be reproduced what do you want them to do keep trying until they cant or get a save file

I'm talking about the ones that are present in every game. Like this lock item thing, and that sally out when defending bug a few patches ago, the bandit lair crash bug.
look, im just saying, If the dev could spend a tiny amount of time testing before going live, it would probably encourge more ppl to play beta branch.

I'm talking about the ones that are present in every game. Like this lock item thing, and that sally out when defending bug a few patches ago, the bandit lair crash bug.
look, im just saying, If the dev could spend a tiny amount of time testing before going live, it would probably encourge more ppl to play beta branch.
These are things common in software devlopment or vame devlopment no matter what every patch will release with a bug and some of these bugs could even be caused by the different type of things like the bandit lair crash you mentioned to me it only happened in forest bandits i dont know about you but that was it for me so i dont know how tou can unless right next to it immediately know that there is a crash in this certain type of hideout

say

So? They fixed it the next day. And it was not game-breaking or a big deal at all.

They could spend that hour fixing even more stuff for the next release. You can get a lot done with a focused hour of software development. The whole point of the beta branch is that they're not spending time doing the kinds of tests that you're asking them to do. If you want that, don't play in beta man.

These are things common in software devlopment or vame devlopment no matter what every patch will release with a bug and some of these bugs could even be caused by the different type of things like the bandit lair crash you mentioned to me it only happened in forest bandits i dont know about you but that was it for me so i dont know how tou can unless right next to it immediately know that there is a crash in this certain type of hideout

It is not common for the same bugs to keep being produced over and over.

It is not common for the same bugs to keep being produced over and over.
Depends on how much you mess with that code if you keep messing with the same code you will at some point get a duplicate of a bug you encountered before this time mabye in a different form

Depends on how much you mess with that code if you keep messing with the same code you will at some point get a duplicate of a bug you encountered before this time mabye in a different form

Or bugs can look like duplicates but in fact are caused by different issues in the code. How common are these recurring bugs anyway? I been playing since e1.5.1, I have 200 hours in and have not seen anything fixed come "un-fixed" after an update.

Or bugs can look like duplicates but in fact are caused by different issues in the code. How common are these recurring bugs anyway? I been playing since e1.5.1, I have 200 hours in and have not seen anything fixed come "un-fixed" after an update.
Thats basically what i meant a duplicate bug but in a different code

Actually i can think of one, not exactly game breaking bug but they fixed it before but its in 1.54 again.
A few patches back, they fixed the art work of troops for being too fat and old. Now in 1.54 new recuits look older than my grandpa, and too fat as well.

Actually i can think of one, not exactly game breaking bug but they fixed it before but its in 1.54 again.
A few patches back, they fixed the art work of troops for being too fat and old. Now in 1.54 new recuits look older than my grandpa, and too fat as well.

They're inspiring the younger generation and getting fit at the same time.

Anyway so what, we know the game has tons of performance issues, the developers have been changing around asset management, loading, animations, etc., could easily result in something like coming up a few times - it's probably some default state or something like that.

As a software developer routinely catching at the last second my own obvious bugs that could be detected by spending literally five minutes using the application, I can tell you that it's pretty easy to have a totally unexpected consequence coming from a change to a part of code that you would never imagine to have any impact whatsoever.
If you have modified a variable in an economic formula for example, you might quickly test the economic aspect of the game, find nothing wonky and throw it in the beta branch. But then it happens that this formula changed a variable that was then used in some cases by a unit (maybe its wages ?) and your change had in this case some unexpected behaviour and then the next time you start a battle, you get a crash.
"man, how come they didn't catch this bug, it crash half the battle, and this game is about battles ?!"
Well, the reason is that the guy changed a variable in a formula about economy. Obviously he didn't think to test battles, because it didn't appear to be linked in any way. And you find a crash in the beta branch for a pretty common bug.
They could spend that hour fixing even more stuff for the next release. You can get a lot done with a focused hour of software development. The whole point of the beta branch is that they're not spending time doing the kinds of tests that you're asking them to do. If you want that, don't play in beta man.
This.
Obviously, bugs like the one I talked above happens regularly, and THAT is why you have a QA department that test a lot more comprehensively the game before making an official release. But you don't waste your time testing EVERYTHING each time you make a change in the code - or else you'd spend 99 % of your time testing, and nothing would be done.
When you develop, you make a bunch of changes, and when you've done enough, THEN you make a testing pass, and then you fix the glaring problems. A beta is a beta. I would be ashamed to get an obvious bug that anyone can find by playing the game five minutes on a production patch, but finding them on a beta is par of the course.

Back
Top Bottom