Taleworlds need to get their priorities straight...

Users who are viewing this thread

@AVRC @Callum Who is in charge of deciding what is being worked on at Taleworlds when it comes to multiplayer? They clearly need to get their priorities straight. Why are they tweaking the new skirmish maps when they had broke AI completely with the 1.5 update. For instance, palentine guards used to use their menavilion (when equiped) any time in melee. Now they use their sword 99% of the time where there is no reason at all to use their sword. This function has worked all of EA until 1.5. Why haven't they fixed it? Here let me help you out...

if (gameMode = captain AND player = palentineGuard AND classSecond = menavilion) {
palentineAI.sword.usage = 0;
}

Just do something like that and there are plenty of other things that got broken that were not intended to be changed but haven't been fixed. In the NA scene, the captain mode player base seems to be four times larger than the skirmish player base, so why only fix skirmish problems? After playing 750+ hours of Bannerlord multiplayer I regret to inform you that until they fix at least one thing that they broke in captain mode, I will no longer be playing Bannerlord. I'm not the only person who has played tons of Bannerlord but has not decided to stop playing due to the developers neglecting captain mode. I know AVRC had been direct messaging Ling saying that captain mode is on their priority list of things to work on. I call BS! If that was true then during updates that are meant to be bug fixes and balances like 1.5.2, they would also include things for captain mode. What Taleworlds need to realize is that players who mostly play captain mode don't use the forums as frequently as skirmish players.
Captain players lives matter.

Oi, it's not better here over at the skirmish front. Not at all. We shouldn't fight about it.
At least they are trying to make skirmish better. It took 5 months for Taleworlds to fix a bug that allowed for players to intentionally crash servers in captain.

Captain mode is a meme.
But it had the best memes!

But on a more serious note, when are they gonna just split the two game mode (captain vs everything else). Most players, barring those who liked sparring, liked captain mode as it was essentially bannerlord single player with multiple players. You dont need to be good at combat in captain, just good at position and unit comps/commands.

But it had the best memes!

But on a more serious note, when are they gonna just split the two game mode (captain vs everything else). Most players, barring those who liked sparring, liked captain mode as it was essentially bannerlord single player with multiple players. You dont need to be good at combat in captain, just good at position and unit comps/commands.

You have to be real good in combat in captain mode. It's not very rare that you're alone vs two players and 10 bots in the end (example) and I have won fights like that because I'm good at combat. I would even argue that you need to be even better in combat and also a good captain in captain mode compared to skirmish.

It's however alot more RNG in captain mode, a real good player can be destroyed because of factors he cant control.

@AVRC @Callum Who is in charge of deciding what is being worked on at Taleworlds when it comes to multiplayer? They clearly need to get their priorities straight. Why are they tweaking the new skirmish maps when they had broke AI completely with the 1.5 update. For instance, palentine guards used to use their menavilion (when equiped) any time in melee. Now they use their sword 99% of the time where there is no reason at all to use their sword. This function has worked all of EA until 1.5. Why haven't they fixed it? Here let me help you out...

if (gameMode = captain AND player = palentineGuard AND classSecond = menavilion) {
palentineAI.sword.usage = 0;
}

Just do something like that and there are plenty of other things that got broken that were not intended to be changed but haven't been fixed. In the NA scene, the captain mode player base seems to be four times larger than the skirmish player base, so why only fix skirmish problems? After playing 750+ hours of Bannerlord multiplayer I regret to inform you that until they fix at least one thing that they broke in captain mode, I will no longer be playing Bannerlord. I'm not the only person who has played tons of Bannerlord but has not decided to stop playing due to the developers neglecting captain mode. I know AVRC had been direct messaging Ling saying that captain mode is on their priority list of things to work on. I call BS! If that was true then during updates that are meant to be bug fixes and balances like 1.5.2, they would also include things for captain mode. What Taleworlds need to realize is that players who mostly play captain mode don't use the forums as frequently as skirmish players.
Captain players lives matter.
The improvements for AI to switch to proper weapons in battle is being worked on at the moment, it also includes switching to other melee weapons situationally, like switching to a mace when facing high armored enemies.

We are not fixing only Skirmish problems, we are working to improve the core of combat. I agree that the latest changes had too much of an impact on Captains Mode but we didn't want to do bandaid fix just to revert it later, we are fixing it properly and that is taking a bit of time.

We are improving the mechanics in Ranged weapons and Throwing weapons so that they all have independent Readying Up and Aiming durations, which will allow us to adjust them independently rather than having to adjust all at once just like in the last patch. The AI also needs to be adjusted use them properly with this new setup. As mentioned before other AI improvements specifically related to archers are in the works as well. These will fix the current major problems related to Captain Mode. We are moving as fast as we can, and these issues have the highest priority.

Captain mode is a meme.
unknown.png

EDIT: And now you are a meme

Last edited:
How are they wrong though? Its somehow an even worse version of conquerors blade. The AI/formations are laughably bad and balance is non-existent. Just a poorly done game mode all together

How are they wrong though? Its somehow an even worse version of conquerors blade. The AI/formations are laughably bad and balance is non-existent. Just a poorly done game mode all together
IDC what other people's opinion are on a mode they don't care to play, because they think it's a meme. Lots of people see a good foundation and a fun mode the devs are themselves interested and proud of. What does it take away from you if people talk about it in the forums? Why must there always be someone telling it's a bad mode that only people who can't play "real" multiplayer mode (aka. skirmish, which the players who play it hate just as well)? If you have nothing to contribute to the conversation, please just stay out of it. I'm tired of these ****ing edgelords coming to tell on every post that captain is boring, a meme, only for noobs and a **** mode.

And don't get me wrong, I play skirmish just as well. A lot of people just get this "holier than thou" attitude about not playing captain mode. Just leave us who enjoy it the **** alone.

IDC what other people's opinion are on a mode they don't care to play,
I think captain puts on display so many poorly done features that even though its the popular game mode its hard for a lot of people to stomach putting in hundreds of hours like they can on skirmish (an even worse game mode imo). I thought captain was the future of the game when I first played it in beta but now I cant play more than one game without raging even if I do well.

This is all TW fault for having such a garbage MP anyways so blame them.

I think captain puts on display so many poorly done features that even though its the popular game mode its hard for a lot of people to stomach putting in hundreds of hours like they can on skirmish (an even worse game mode imo). I thought captain was the future of the game when I first played it in beta but now I cant play more than one game without raging even if I do well.

This is all TW fault for having such a garbage MP anyways so blame them.
There's lots of players who have put hundreds of hours into it, and that's beside my point. I'm not saying captain is in a good point atm. I'm saying making it out to be a meme is douchbaggey.

Same way minecraft pvp has countless of people spend thousands of hours on the pvp of the game and telling you it's esports worthy, in the end it's not enjoyable to watch for a big audience, thus not being an esports :smile:

Nice to know that you bring your captain bashing brigand in from your discord servers. No one said it's a mode of tactical genius. We would just kindly ask you to stop ****ting on it. We don't come to skirm discord servers or forum posts to tell you that skirm is a sweaty game for neck beards who live in their mothers basements either.

Back
Top Bottom