Suggestion: Waiting in camp

Users who are viewing this thread

As we all know, most soldiers didn't fight all day. There were long stretches of time spent in the camp, digging latrines, gambling with your comrades, and chewing the fat. I think that, for realism's sake, this should be at least 90% of our Bannerlord gameplay, too. What do I mean by this? Well, how about we replace the queue system with a "waiting in camp" system? Basically, you'd log into multiplayer and enter "the encampment" -- think of it as like the pre-game in PUBG. Here, you could play boardgames with fellow players, hear them rant about politics in chat (as is frequently done on TDM servers), and do chores around the camp. Then, you'd enter "real" matches through an interactive "call to arms" system. Every two or so hours, the alarm (a calradian horn) will sound. This will be your invitation to enter combat, and you do this by running to the edge of the camp. Once you reach the end of the map, the game puts you in a match. Here's why I think this would be a good idea:

++ realism
++ allows the devs to make good use of the singleplayer boardgames
++ promotes interesting gameplay
++ fosters community between players in the camp
++ gives players meaningful choices (dig latrine or cut firewood, for example)
++ queue times are already long so people will appreciate the new scenery

Building off of this, I'm sure you guys know that fighting in winter was often avoided. It was generally unfeasible. Therefore, I suggest that Taleworlds close all servers BUT the encampment during the winter months of the year. You may be wondering now: "but CANTON, what about the other hemisphere?" To which I say: good point. So I'll suggest that we close the servers for both hemispheres' winters to be safe.

Last edited:
What the **** am i reading

images

I think that, for realism's sake, this should be at least 90% of our Bannerlord gameplay, too
This is the type of forward thinking that any corporate team should get behind. I DEMAND this be a feature to promote and further the type of realism that Bannerlord desperately needs. For the sake of realism, may I also suggest a system of more realistic injuries.

When you are struck by a 2000 pound charging warhorse, you will not get up, therefore I suggest
-Instant kills on individuals hit swiftly by any horse over a certain speed threshold

Thank you for considering these ideas.

(...)long stretches of time spent in the camp, digging latrines, gambling with your comrades, and chewing the fat.(...) this should be at least 90% of our Bannerlord gameplay
Certainly, you wanted to say 0,90% of the time, fixed it for you.
Aside from that, I think it could be a good idea, many games do it. Would be nice if they added some minigames like duels tournaments and board games (The looser must pay in coin or in blood);
Just add a progression system where you could buy your own stuff as an individual or within clans, like equipment and workshops, doing trade, fighting other clans and even having your own settlement. Oh, wait a sec..

Very good idea.

I also suggest adding a 33% chance to get some sort of in-game disease and die shortly after, being locked out of your account indefinitely to simulate a form of campaign attrition.

Back
Top Bottom