Town scenes. A total waste or future plans?

Users who are viewing this thread

I just wanted to first say that I actually love the design of the town and settlement scenes in Bannerlord. They are breathtakingly beautiful and have their own look and feel to each town and faction. However the sad thing is, besides going to open a shop, there is never ever a reason to visit a town in person ever again.

There should be gsmeplay mechanics in place so these scenes are not simply gone to waste. Maybe when they flesh out the criminal world more and add gangs and banditry related gameplay towns will take more of a center stage. Or they could add managerial stuff to do at your town that has a mayor. Idk something. What do you guys think? Why would TW build these amazing city scenes and just never have the player need to go there. What a waste!

Absolutely. They dont need GTA5 level mechanics to breathe a little life into the scenes. Add a few live action villains, enemy horsemen and general town actions and its game on. Like recently i was in a town at the same time as an Enemy Lord that hated me -give a chance of running into him or his men with non player initiated confrontations taking place.

Also i have a mod that changes Tourney equipment but also (by accident) adds a few weapons on different civilians in the taverns and towns and that really changes the normally impotent feeling of the towns character. Imagine of few of these guys are also high level adventures that may bump your shoulders as you walk past them. Maybe allow a few opportunity that only introduce themselves should you meet these people by chance rather than just pulling up a town menu screen. Incentives to explore the town itself.

They have made the towns much nicer in bannerlord, so it would be nice to have more interactions in them some how.

I guess it will depend on the capabilities of the game engine. Namely, its ability to handle in scene interactions with the player, much like an open world game, but in this case with sandbox scenes. I certainly can talk to npc's and fight them, but I would like to see some level of interaction trough UI, not just talking but actually doing trade and seeing the products you are buying, for example. And if the engine allows it, having new animations you can perform to interact with npc's or objects in the scene. Entering buildings would be great even if it requires a small loading time.
I think a good reference is red dead redemption 2.

Last edited:
Would be awesome as hell. I mean the game is labeled as a Role playing game and I feel like a RPG game needs alot more interaction with normal citizens and more events happening inside towns and such.

Back
Top Bottom