Why so much hate for this game?

Users who are viewing this thread

I thought that after the 8 or so years of development they would have at least brought the game up to a level that had at least the same features as Warband, and that they would only be doing some polishing during EA.

I can certainly agreed with that.

Parts of the game are being actively redeveloped, not just being finished or polished. This has been going on for eight years. One gets the feeling that development could continue like this indefinitely.

I don't think the game was ready for early access. It's seems obvious that the developers were still not happy with what they had created. So now they are going to recreate it yet again.

I had some fun with the game, but I never had Warband level fun.

Eh. My main problem is that this is a 50$ EA game that doesn't have nearly enough content to justify that price.

Luxury.

Ready or Not Alpha of which i am an unproud supporter costs $120 and they have literally given us ZERO in 6 months even though saying "Regular Updates" on the supporter page. The state of the game (bannerlord) in terms of fun things to do (ok just combat), and the fact that at least the devs make a presence here is leagues better.

^ the problem.
casual players and devout fans defending this game from criticism it NEEDS in order to improve.

Ironically the 'trolls and haters' are trying to give feedback to help this game develop, while fans blindly and loudly state 'no problems here', accelerating this games decline into irrelevance.
No, they aren't called trolls and haters. The people who provide constructive criticism are respected by the majority of the forums.
It's the trolls and haters who get called trolls and haters.

Luxury.

Ready or Not Alpha of which i am an unproud supporter costs $120 and they have literally given us ZERO in 6 months even though saying "Regular Updates" on the supporter page. The state of the game (bannerlord) in terms of fun things to do (ok just combat), and the fact that at least the devs make a presence here is leagues better.

Ah, the good old "somebody has it worse" defense. Sorry, doesn't work on me. Just because something is worse doesn't excuse a bad thing.

Ah, the good old "somebody has it worse" defense. Sorry, doesn't work on me. Just because something is worse doesn't excuse a bad thing.
Not saying it justifies anything but by your own statement "$50 for this level of Ea" - begs comparison to the status quo. I dont think youd argue with me had i said the opposite "early access game _x had so much more features for $50". Just saying ive seen better and far worse for that price point

Not saying it justifies anything but by your own statement "$50 for this level of Ea" - begs comparison to the status quo. I dont think youd argue with me had i said the opposite "early access game _x had so much more features for $50". Just saying ive seen better and far worse for that price point
All other EA games i have bought cost less and have more content. So I am comparing to the status quo, just the status quo I have experienced.

All other EA games i have bought cost less and have more content. So I am comparing to the status quo, just the status quo I have experienced.
I guess I'll ask the question why did you buy it if it was so high? I find it strange when people start throwing around the "it cost x". I mean it's your money and if that's a lot why wouldn't you do some research first? If TW had flat out lied I could get the frustration/anger but they clearly state on the Steam that it's incomplete and even explain how.

I personally have no hate for the game, I think it has excellent potential just as the first M&B did. It's a little dis-heartening that they didn't release a complete game to begin with, especially after all the videos about it... but I'm not terribly bothered.

If they have gone back to the drawing board to re-think how they want to implement things, change things or take away things, that's perfectly fine... a master artist takes his time to craft his work and I think that is what is happening. It WOULD be nice if they threw us a few dev blogs here and there... but that's perfectly fine if they want to remain silent until the work is done.

I'm not hating this game or TW. However, I will not throw any early support other than word of mouth towards this company with future projects. I'm very disappointed with this product. I'm not bitter and i have yet to leave a review of the game being that it is EA. It just sad that 8 yrs and the game is so empty. The lack of diplomacy and kingdom management is killing any reason for me to touch the game. I would have at least expected more content for lordship to your king, tournaments, feast, prisoner handling of lords, town management, war campaigning AI before having depth in kingdom level diplomacy and management (which is bone dry). At first I was kinda ok with all this missing (still surprised), but saw how fast patches game out and assumed content would come. Fast forward 3 months and i have yet to touch the game due to nothing new worth starting a new game. The lack of communication is really the worst of it for me. The Facebook page keeps pumping out material like "the history of horses" or "look at this youtube video" when nothing has changed in the product for months.
Maybe its all on me to assume so much and have expectations. Seeing mods and dlc for warband. I really thought TW would evolve and pick up more off those that were inventive and popular. This doesn't mean I ignored the improvements made in BL over warband, but for 8 yrs of dev this isn't enough for me.
Overall im glad a game like this is made but i really think TW will likely be passing the torch so to speak on this style of sandbox strategy game. The success of the sells for BL have to be noticed. I as a customer just want a good product and hope either TW or another team learns from this.

Eh. My main problem is that this is a 50$ EA game that doesn't have nearly enough content to justify that price.
Yeah, Ghost of Tsushima takes 35 hours to beat then bored; FF7 remake has 25 hours worth of gameplay. People that play bannerlord have between hundreds to thousands of hours of gameplay, yet not enough content in Bannerlord for $50 price tag. lol

How to explain a MP view to a SP view, so if I like a mutiplayer game I put thousands of hours in to it like CSGO,Warband, Minecraft.If I think the game is ok I put hundreds Overwatch,R6S, Mordhau if I don't like a mutiplayer game I still put a few dozen hours such as Holdfast,Squad, War of Rights usally with friends. Bannerlord falls under this i didn't even put a few dozen hours in mutiplayer I think like 20 at most. I put 20 hours a week into Warband I just don't like Bannerlord they removed so much from mutiplayer that it isn't fun and they ignored us. So yeah some hate

Warband was and is awesome. All I wanted was better graphics and a little more depth to the single player.

I can be patient with the single player, but the multiplayer makes me weep. The only problem with Warband MP was the outdated graphics and the fact new players would consistently get rekt.

They updated the graphics, and all they needed was a matchmaker to ensure new players didn't fight vets. But instead they tried reinventing the wheel.

I mean, cool that they tried, but please, just admit it didn't work. I still play MP when I'm drunk, but I hate I can't get a weapon loadout I like.

And I hate that in Captain Mode all melee combat is over in 3.6 seconds.

And skirmish... well, I don't really understand the point.

But I gave positive reviews because I know this game CAN be awesome. I just wish the devs would make it awesome instead of having to wait for the modders who seem to actually know what people actually want.

Yeah, Ghost of Tsushima takes 35 hours to beat then bored; FF7 remake has 25 hours worth of gameplay. People that play bannerlord have between hundreds to thousands of hours of gameplay, yet not enough content in Bannerlord for $50 price tag. lol
Path of Exile, free, 2000 hours. Seems that Bannerlord doesnt have nearly enough content. Seems that everyone should be playing path of exile. Or maybe dont compare apples to oranges.

I guess I'll ask the question why did you buy it if it was so high? I find it strange when people start throwing around the "it cost x". I mean it's your money and if that's a lot why wouldn't you do some research first? If TW had flat out lied I could get the frustration/anger but they clearly state on the Steam that it's incomplete and even explain how.
Because I didnt find the information that the perks are literally not working. Also, i was foolish and trusted the review scores and the hype.

Because I didnt find the information that the perks are literally not working. Also, i was foolish and trusted the review scores and the hype.
Perks are a small part of the game. I get that it can be frustrating when stuff isn't finished but the game is still being developed you have to expect things like this.
Unless I know and trust the developer I stay away from ea games anymore. Hell I know it's been said before but never listen to they hype especially for a game like this which has such a devoted fan base. It's like taking advice from Zelda fan about a new Zelda title. It could be dog **** and they'd still tell you it was the best thing under the sun.
I honestly believe the game will get better but it's going to take at least a year and probably more.

If you were upset at diplomacy not being fully implemented or that lack of battle customization I could understand. But to me perks were never part of any M&B game and are an ok addition but aren't essential to the core of the game. If you find them essential then I guess I can understand your frustration.

If you were upset at diplomacy not being fully implemented or that lack of battle customization I could understand. But to me perks were never part of any M&B game and are an ok addition but aren't essential to the core of the game. If you find them essential then I guess I can understand your frustration.
The beauty of this Title is that it is supposed to be a real Sanbox, so while Perks are not important for your playstyle, they are important for others, just as much as diplomacy, malus for range at night, courting etc etc etc etc....
For me it is not a big deal as i use the Community Patch, but without it i would surely miss them, they are part of the RPG experience:smile:

Back
Top Bottom