A message to the devs

Users who are viewing this thread

Is it the official Talewords Dev Clan, so players get the chance to vent in virtual violence?
I feel like they might want to take the opportunity to vent some of their own as well.. :grin:

Perhaps it would be therapeutic for the dev's and the players to come to blow in game rather then in the forums.

I feel like they might want to take the opportunity to vent some of their own as well.. :grin:

Perhaps it would be therapeutic for the dev's and the players to come to blow in game rather then in the forums.

I can see the chat already "All work and no play makes Armagon a dull boy...All work and no play makes Armagon a dull boy...All work and no play makes Armagon a dull boy...All work and no play makes Armagon a dull boy...All work and no play makes Armagon a dull boy..."

..followed by an unbridled bloody massacre with spooky overtones

Pretty sure you could find a few YouTube videos before buying the game.

You should've read it properly.
Which videos? MP videos? No thanks I play SP.

Did you read what I wrote about EA or are you lacking arguments?
Look, I am not gonna sit here arguing with a person that could well possibly be a kid (sorry if you are not, but an adult would usually come up with better arguments), so you do you and fair enough:smile:

Which videos? MP videos? No thanks I play SP.

Did you read what I wrote about EA or are you lacking arguments?
Look, I am not gonna sit here arguing with a person that could well possibly be a kid (sorry if you are not, but an adult would usually come up with better arguments), so you do you and fair enough:smile:
His arguement is perfectly sound. There is plenty of SP videos 100's in fact and the store page was very clear on current SP features.

Entertaining this for a moment - that is steams fault then not TW. They don't decide the platforms refund policy.

Besides the EA description was very clear... I hate this concept that people were somehow 'tricked' into buying the game.

Complain about progress; that's fair it's EA - so we expect progress. But saying TW some how scammed you is just rubbish...
They were tricked... Bannerlord was misadvertised by TW as being in a far better state than it actually was. Fact, as in... that's the truth. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...even-taking-into-account-early-access.420243/

They were tricked... Bannerlord was misadvertised by TW as being in a far better state than it actually way. Fact.
When? Where? Please support this statement.

EDIT - I see you added it on;

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“The early access version of the game contains a wealth of content that will keep players engaged for many hours. While the early access version is very much stable and playable, players can expect to run into some obscure bugs and other issues while playing that we intend to locate and fix before the full release.

The early access version will be reusing scenes for different towns, may lack some supporting features, may have a limited number of quests, voice-overs, etc. and may lack localizations for some languages.

Throughout the course of the early access period we intend to introduce the missing supporting features, such as, rebellions, kingdom creation and weapon crafting, while expanding and enhancing many of the existing features that are outlined below.”

Please highlight the area you believe is lying to you?

All these pathetic troll attempts and whiny refund threads water down the actual genuine criticism and feedback that many players provide. Stop acting like a victim because an EA game is unfinished. If you want to provide actual feedback or genuine crtique go ahead - but this is just spam...

Last edited:
We will be sharing more information about upcoming updates with blogs (or something similar).

To give you some rough idea though without trying to ruin too much of the surprise, we have some updates coming to multiplayer that I am personally very excited about and that I feel will be a great boost to the clan scene.

Over in SP, we have some nice UX and UI improvements that should really improve the flow of the gameplay. There's also changes to the character development system, some new perks, new quests, as well as, tons of other changes, updates and performance improvements.

Hey Callum, IIRC it was stated that as far as content/gameplay changes the upcoming patch would have a similar scope are prior new version patches. Does this still hold true, or should we expect more, less?

On a tangent, has any discussion been had in regards to different ways for the community to provide feedback, testing outside of the forums? I think much of the frustration that ends up expressed on the forums is the result of players sometimes feeling like they are not being heard or their feedback being used. I think all reasonable players know that Taleworlds staff can only read & respond to so many posts; it is certainly a full time job to do so & of course has even more work to provide such feedback to programmers etc.

In the alternative to a different way(s) to provide feedback (which to be frank, I have no clue how better, useful, feedback than forums could be provided), perhaps it would be beneficial to players & devs if it was expressed what the focus of upcoming updates will be. Actively engaged players that wish to aid the development process could spend more gameplay time engaged with the systems that are planned to worked on soon. Example, if the Kingdom management system was to be a focus for an upcoming update, and this was expressed to the community, active players that wish to provide focused feedback to the dev team could do a deep dive into the Kingdom Management system in their gameplay. When the Kingdom Management update then comes, I think players who provided feedback would feel that their feedback was considered & possibly used by the developer team. This would foster positive community involvement. The playerbase wants to be useful to the developer team, please help us be more useful.

As the game is not feature complete (which TaleWorlds clearly stated upon EA release), the forums end up being a laundry list of feedback. I think turning it into a shopping list would be beneficial for everyone.

No matter what the devs do people will just complain it seems, left the forums after the game got put in EA and all I saw was *****ing and moaning. They give an extra 10 euro discount for their loyal players who bought the first M&B, which they did NOT have to do at all. Few posts praise them for this. Few days/weeks later all I see is waves of unconstructive criticism about the game. Never forget that EA is a privilege first and foremost, no matter if you paid for it or not. Thankfully the game keeps me well entertained so I don't have to dwell the forums as much anymore for some M&B content/discussion. All I have to add is that I hope all the employees are doing well and are able to work safely.

As the game is not feature complete (which TaleWorlds clearly stated upon EA release), the forums end up being a laundry list of feedback. I think turning it into a shopping list would be beneficial for everyone.

I don't get why anyone could read the EA description in a way to come to the conclusion the game is feature complete.

You could discuss if the description suggest more existing content than really delivered as it contains the usual vague marketing phrasing and avoids concrete statements, but it is clearly stated multiple times that features are missing.

How do you get the message "Hey, the game is feature complete!" from this? Where is this "clearly stated"?

Man every time I get into this forum I just see the same angry kids making new accounts from their muted ones to exteriorize their problems into a wall of text hating developers working night and day. They have nothing to say, just the same rants with no thought, no content, no criticism just "TW BAD". And the worst part of this is that ACTUAL criticism of this game, of the problems we need to solve in order to make this game fun and fine for everyone is getting occluded by these repeated NPC posts. Just ban them all, we all know exactly who they are and what they say, it's easy, and no one cares about them truly.

I don't get why anyone could read the EA description in a way to come to the conclusion the game is feature complete.

You could discuss if the description suggest more existing content than really delivered as it contains the usual vague marketing phrasing and avoids concrete statements, but it is clearly stated multiple times that features are missing.

How do you get the message "Hey, the game is feature complete!" from this? Where is this "clearly stated"?

I think the problem is they didn't read the EA description before buying it and now are trying to blame anyone but themselves for their lack of control.

Man every time I get into this forum I just see the same angry kids making new accounts from their muted ones to exteriorize their problems into a wall of text hating developers working night and day. They have nothing to say, just the same rants with no thought, no content, no criticism just "TW BAD". And the worst part of this is that ACTUAL criticism of this game, of the problems we need to solve in order to make this game fun and fine for everyone is getting occluded by these repeated NPC posts. Just ban them all, we all know exactly who they are and what they say, it's easy, and no one cares about them truly.

Man this is the second time in a few days that I read one of your posts and wish there was a like button to smash :lol:.

Can't we just IP ban or something? This is getting ridiculous.

Hey Callum, IIRC it was stated that as far as content/gameplay changes the upcoming patch would have a similar scope are prior new version patches. Does this still hold true, or should we expect more, less?

On a tangent, has any discussion been had in regards to different ways for the community to provide feedback, testing outside of the forums? I think much of the frustration that ends up expressed on the forums is the result of players sometimes feeling like they are not being heard or their feedback being used. I think all reasonable players know that Taleworlds staff can only read & respond to so many posts; it is certainly a full time job to do so & of course has even more work to provide such feedback to programmers etc.

In the alternative to a different way(s) to provide feedback (which to be frank, I have no clue how better, useful, feedback than forums could be provided), perhaps it would be beneficial to players & devs if it was expressed what the focus of upcoming updates will be. Actively engaged players that wish to aid the development process could spend more gameplay time engaged with the systems that are planned to worked on soon. Example, if the Kingdom management system was to be a focus for an upcoming update, and this was expressed to the community, active players that wish to provide focused feedback to the dev team could do a deep dive into the Kingdom Management system in their gameplay. When the Kingdom Management update then comes, I think players who provided feedback would feel that their feedback was considered & possibly used by the developer team. This would foster positive community involvement. The playerbase wants to be useful to the developer team, please help us be more useful.

Its a great sentiment and idea, i just honestly dont think the Developers are organized enough to do this. And that aint just a knock at them specifically - Sandbox+Action Gaming is just a nightmare for various compartment departments - Art/models/Assets/Action AI/Strategic AI/World AI/GUI/Sound/Voice/Music/Branching Texts/Physics/MultiPlayer etc to all be able to work together. So say Kingdom Management incorporates at least 4-5 of the above and they really break alotta ground in one aspect making it seem like we're headed for a huge Kindgom Managnment update -yet that huge chunk of progress comes at the cost of 2-3 other areas which now need some serious resources thrown at them - grinding that whole Kingdom Managment patch to a screeching halt. Now surprisingly all that time Multiplayer has made huge leaps and bounds but are held up at the finish line by the GUI guys for something small before they can release -but the GUI guys are slaving on that expected Kingdom Management patch.....

Not exactly how that might go down but you get the drift

you are misreading; Taleworlds has always been crystal clear that the game is not feature complete upon EA release.

Its a great sentiment and idea, i just honestly dont think the Developers are organized enough to do this. And that aint just a knock at them specifically - Sandbox+Action Gaming is just a nightmare for various compartment departments - Art/models/Assets/Action AI/Strategic AI/World AI/GUI/Sound/Voice/Music/Branching Texts/Physics/MultiPlayer etc to all be able to work together. So say Kingdom Management incorporates at least 4-5 of the above and they really break alotta ground in one aspect making it seem like we're headed for a huge Kindgom Managnment update -yet that huge chunk of progress comes at the cost of 2-3 other areas which now need some serious resources thrown at them - grinding that whole Kingdom Managment patch to a screeching halt. Now surprisingly all that time Multiplayer has made huge leaps and bounds but are held up at the finish line by the GUI guys for something small before they can release -but the GUI guys are slaving on that expected Kingdom Management patch.....

Not exactly how that might go down but you get the drift

Yes, I understand the drift. Its certainly not so clear cut as 'we are going to do this & this alone this patch'. It is why I am asking if it something possible for them to do; if it would actually be something they could implement into their workflow. Even if the patch itself isn't a 'focused' on 1 system, it would be great to hear from a gameplay developer what system they are looking at currently and if they want to get community feedback on this system in particular, for the upcoming patch or one in the future.

you are misreading; Taleworlds has always been crystal clear that the game is not feature complete upon EA release.

I think he was agreeing with you bro...

That was my intention. Probably could have phrased it a bit better myself. I simply can't understand why there are so many people around the forum, that seem to believe the game was announced to be feature complete upon EA release.

That was my intention. Probably could have phrased it a bit better myself. I simply can't understand why there are so many people around the forum, that seem to believe the game was announced to be feature complete upon EA release.
I believe there aren't that many people. It's probably just a handful of people repeating themselves again and again.
Meanwhile the game still gets mostly positive reviews on Steam, and that's while even I get frustrated waiting so long for a new patch...

Back
Top Bottom