Repeating the dumb decisions

Users who are viewing this thread

Grah

Recruit
I have a tier 4 clan in the Aserai faction and control one castle. I have taken by assault three Khusait castles and one city in the last two wars with them yet on every occasion the control is given to some other vassal numpty (I'm looking at you Elaches) who more often than not defects to the Khusaits within a couple of weeks. That's fine if your faction puts a massive black mark against them but three months later I find that these traitor vassals are being welcomed back into the Aserai fold with open arms - and then given castles again!!!!! Is this a one-off or have other people seen this?

On the plus side in this campaign Vlandia has no cities, Battania has something like 12, Southern Empire has 9, Khusait 11, and Sturgia still has 7 or 8 but they are slowly losing them to the Khusaits. Pleased to see the Battanians doing so well and generally enjoying the campaign. And now left with some lingering hate for Elaches ?

The loyalty of former enemies should, quite realistically, be suspect. I highly doubt a king would want to give land to someone of unproven devotion. If someone has defected once before, they should be banished from the kingdom for all time.

This game is still not finished/balanced when it come to kingdoms and vassals. Most of what happens in regard to them is seemly random.

Well one user explained how the election process works.

There's a lot more that goes into being granted a fief than just distance. There is an equation that is used to determine who gets on the ballot based on "Merit." The merit scores of all clans in a faction are tallied up and the top 3 clans with the best merit scores get on the ballot. Here's that equation:

Ballot-Merit-Equation.png

• Clan Tier is self-explanatory (multiply by 30).
  • Total Clan Strength is the sum total of the party strength of all of the clan's vassal parties and garrisons, as well as the militia parties of towns, castles, and villages. Caravans and villager parties are not included though. Party strength is determined by the same formula that the autocalc system uses. It doesn't included wounded troops. Total clan strengths usually vary between 500 and 1500, but can be much higher for a ruling clan with many fiefs (which is somewhat balanced out by their additional fief values).
  • The No Fief Bonus is 30 if a clan has no fiefs and 0 otherwise.
  • The Capturer Bonus is 50 if the clan was the army leader that captured the new fief and 0 otherwise.
  • The Ruler Bonus is 100 if the clan is the faction's ruling clan and 0 otherwise.
  • The value of a settlement is calculated based on prosperity and hearths of bound villages, as well as whether or not the villages are looted. Each faction values an individual settlement differently based on average distance to the 6 nearest faction settlements, whether or not the settlement is owned by the faction, and whether or not the culture of the settlement is the same as the faction's. The values of settlements typically fall somewhere in the range of 400,000 to 4,000,000 depending on whether it's a town or castle and high or low prosperity.
  • The Distance Factor ranges from 0.47 to 2, and is determined by how close the fief is to a clan's current fiefs. It takes the average distance of a clan's 2 closest fiefs if they have 2 or more, the distance of the clan's only fief if they only have 1, and the Distance Factor defaults to 1 if a clan has no fiefs. The Distance Factor nearly always falls between 0.5 and 1 under normal circumstances.
I hope this will help you understand how the election process works. And what you can do to get more offers.

The loyalty of former enemies should, quite realistically, be suspect. I highly doubt a king would want to give land to someone of unproven devotion. If someone has defected once before, they should be banished from the kingdom for all time.

That was the way it worked in Warband and resulted in eventual depopulation of the lords. Guy gets booted or defects from his old faction, new faction's lords are suspicious and incite the king against him, gets exiled or defects, even more suspicious in the new faction, etc. until eventually there were no viable factions for them to join and they left Calradia.

I'd prefer if they'd just become mercenaries for a time, proving themselves to new factions through actual service and serving as an assist against snowballing factions.

Thanks guys. I did see that thread about the calculation.
The whole process certainly keeps things interesting. I was eventually granted a city after taking it and so was in place to defend it from the 1100 troop Khusait army that came my way. Except it was Amprela with size 1 walls - good luck with that then :ohdear:

That was the way it worked in Warband and resulted in eventual depopulation of the lords. Guy gets booted or defects from his old faction, new faction's lords are suspicious and incite the king against him, gets exiled or defects, even more suspicious in the new faction, etc. until eventually there were no viable factions for them to join and they left Calradia.

I'd prefer if they'd just become mercenaries for a time, proving themselves to new factions through actual service and serving as an assist against snowballing factions.
That's a really good idea.

Back
Top Bottom