North American Battle of the Blades [NABB]

NABB is a premiere Bannerlord competitive tournament for the community, ran by the community. If you think you have what it takes to skirmish against the very best of the Bannerlord competitive scene then sign up a team today or join the free agency!

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

[NABB] Fantasy Team Mini-Game

Users who are viewing this thread

Pretty big cheese changing scoring after matches played.

Does that mean people can edit rosters or are people locked into rosters based on old rule set?

Pretty big change going from 5x multiplyer to 1x on all players.

There is now 0 reason to pick a high tier player.
Multiple complaints from a majority of people participating is what lead to this decision. And no, it doesn’t invalidate any strategy as a higher tier player is expected to get more kills anyway, making the higher price tag a trade off.

Multiple complaints from a majority of people participating is what lead to this decision. And no, it doesn’t invalidate any strategy as a higher tier player is expected to get more kills anyway, making the higher price tag a trade off.
There is a reason fantasy sports has roster limits. Want to guess what that is?

As the system is now, a person would only pick a tier 1 player if they believed they were getting more than 5 other players combined.

There is now 0 reason to pick a high tier player.
There was zero reason to not pick a higher tier player without the changes since a lot of those tier 1 players will make an astronomical amounts of kills compared to even a mid tier 3... Now things are more skill based since it rewards players on recognizing the best value for their roster not by cheesing the broken rules by just picking up all tier 5 players..

They were, people requested them to be changed so we did.
I mean, I chose my team because of the rules you put before. Now it's not viable anymore.

Changing rules in the middle of the tourney/event ruins the original teams. Looks like les changing rules in the middle of his tourney ^^

Road to 5 dollars roster edit:

EbdanianAdmiral (3k)
Cdjrxx (4k)
Alejanbro (4k)
Ahmed (3k)
Beeflip (5k)
hancock (4k)
mihaWk (4k)
Rhine (3k)

Now things are more skill based since it rewards players on recognizing the best value for their roster not by cheesing the broken rules by just picking up all tier 5 players..
I don't understand this, the rule change makes the meta putting all tier 5's on your team as opposed to previous rules which had a meta of just filling your roster with top end players.

But at the end of the day it's a fun fantasy thing with a reward of what, 5 dollars? Yeah, rules are unbalanced and it no longer makes sense to buy anyone over tier 4 but it's not a big deal, just a forum game to have fun with.

I don't understand this, the rule change makes the meta putting all tier 5's on your team as opposed to previous rules which had a meta of just filling your roster with top end players.

But at the end of the day it's a fun fantasy thing with a reward of what, 5 dollars? Yeah, rules are unbalanced and it no longer makes sense to buy anyone over tier 4 but it's not a big deal, just a forum game to have fun with.
Yes, had people *****ing at us which was the only reason we changed it. It doesn't really matter at all but people get butthurt over these things.

No it's a gamble that (certain) tier 1 player(s) will get more than 5x the amount of kills than the average tier 5 player. If you really want to complain about imbalance you should complain that players are sorted in this mass pool and then points are given out based on their impact in K/A.. There is almost no reason to take infantry since they will almost always have less kills/assists than infantry players with the state of the game, even though their presence contributes to overall victory in immeasurable ways... It's like having a fantasy football league but the only metric for success is passing yards.. Everyone would just pick quarterbacks.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In addition to this, the real strategy is not measured in skills of players, but rather the skill of players in context of the team they are on and the match-ups that they face. A very skilled team full of tier 1 players will have its kills more evenly distributed than a team of moderately good players and one exceptional tier 1 player therefore picking up a tier 1 from them would be of greater value. A team of relatively equal tier 3 players will have varying amount of kills distributed according to the matchups that they face (Archers will have a general consistency of kills across almost all advantageous and disadvantageous team matchups). An inf player who is good at pub-stomping by being aggressive and therefore capitalizing on the mistakes of pubtier players might be worth picking up as opposed to a more skilled yet meeker inf player, who would not get as many kills due to keeping a more reserved positioning against teams he COULD stomp but chooses to safely allow his team archers and cav to whittle them down. There is a way to equalize matchups, classes, maps, and team differences to optimize for individual skill but that involves a great deal of math which I do not care to delve into since I have already written too much.

I'm not complaining about imbalance, just pointing out your post implied that picking up all tier 5's was previously a better idea than it is now, when it is in fact the opposite.
Old rules
5 kills from a tier 1 = 25 points
5 kills from a tier 5 = 5 points
New rules
5 kills from a tier 1 = 5 points
5 kills from a tier 5 = 5 points
As I said, I don't really care about the balance of this as it's for fun, but I don't get why you wrote an essay of little relevance in response to my post that was correcting an obviously false statement that stated tier 5 players somehow became less effective by equalizing their points per kill while maintaining the same price.

There is 0 reason to pick a Tier 1 player anymore.

Here is my new team
Grum
Hobo
Kennedy
LittleOreo
Howlett
GamesABlazin
Parsa
Marty Mchigh
Hawkeye
Koso
Scepion