When will the 1.5 patch be released? this game is dying very fast

Users who are viewing this thread

he significant drop in amount of likes that posts get also all interactions has gone down in number remarkably

I don't think being highly meme-able should be a metric for quality. I used to go on the bannerlord reddit when I was hyped for the release but now its out so I can just check for patches and play the game.

I thought the funniest thing about bannerlord memes were about how the game would never be released, so clearly that can't be done anymore.

That's completely normal for a mostly single player game. If you really want to lean into that chart and active player count being significant, that is an argument for regular DLC, season passes, etc. since those provide a brief boost and continuing drip into the active player count of a game.
This only happens when the game either isn´t good or has like no replayablity. Bannerlord fits in both of those categories right now.

Take Rimword as an example, the player base is pretty constant since the Steam release in July 2016. And Rimworld only got 1 DLC out a few weeks ago. Rimworld is a good game and has much replayablity.

Take Rimword as an example, the player base is pretty constant since the Steam release in July 2016. And Rimworld only got 1 DLC out a few weeks ago. Rimworld is a good game and has much replayablity.

You're not wrong, although Rimworld is a shallow and boring game worth 30 or 40 hours of playtime. It's the HUGE modding community that takes a mediocre colony sim and pushes it into "MASTERPIECE 14/10 OH DEAR LORD DEM SHIVERS AAAAH" category, create-your-own-dream-game. If TW manages to deliver stable, easily moddable release, everybody and their cat would buy and enjoy BL for all eternity.

I don't think being highly meme-able should be a metric for quality. I used to go on the bannerlord reddit when I was hyped for the release but now its out so I can just check for patches and play the game.

I thought the funniest thing about bannerlord memes were about how the game would never be released, so clearly that can't be done anymore.

I did not mention quality but popularity.

Personally, what makes me less inclined to play Bannerlord right now is the lack of dialogue between us and the developers. Hell, that's what I join EA projects for in the first place - to participate in their development. Can't say I'm feeling overly motivated to put effort into testing when there's next to no acknowledgement, or even direction given, for it from the developers.

Not to mention that without insight into the design and implementation choices, it's really hard to figure out just what TW could benefit hearing from us. Consequently, very difficult to present an idea (presumably) improving the game that meshes in well with the desired direction of the game without some kind of "this woundn't work because X" or "we actually plan on doing Y."

Lastly, by ignoring Steam forums, Taleworlds is ignoring literal tens of thousands (though that number now is probably notably lower :razz:) potential sources of feedback in case of both technical and design decisions. Exactly the opposite of what I've seen the best ran EA projects do.

Bottom line - in EA, you won't keep interest of but the most die-hard fans if you're not putting any effort into regular and extensive communication. And no, "developer profile" fluff for a blog post doesn't count.

Well said. This should be posted all over the forums endlessly.

I honestly suspect they don't want to answer questions or talk about direction because the game is likely close to "finished" in terms of features and mechanics. They will just focus on polish and balance over the next 6 months then moved to preparing for full release.

Tell us otherwise Taleworlds.

That's completely normal for a mostly single player game.
It's not completely normal. It's normal for games to drop in popularity, but the guy you quoted stated it's pretty hard to ignore the extreme drop.
All games drop in popularity over time, and might regain them due to other facts stated previously such as updates, DLCs, or being out-of-alpha.
It's not normal for a game that had 250.000 players upon launch to reach the same level of players of a game that had 14.000 players upon launch just within a couple of months though. Proof is in the pudding. But let's hope Bannerlord earns themselves a Terraria boost coming months.
JYdEt4Q.png
wftKp1t.png

That's completely normal for a mostly single player game. If you really want to lean into that chart and active player count being significant, that is an argument for regular DLC, season passes, etc. since those provide a brief boost and continuing drip into the active player count of a game

Usually it is, However,
If the patch is too slow, the game will be increasingly forgotten

I would prefer small patches multiple times a week so we get new stuff, than saving it for one huge patch that causes so many issues for days or even weeks. That way if there is a problem it's easy to diagnose and fix or just remove for later. Patch to add a few things, all good, do the next one. But to wait so many weeks for a huge patch that causes almost as many problems and it delivers doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If you think I am kidding just check the loooong known issues page and they don't have that fully updated/ It's a mile long.
Slow and steady will win the race.

I would prefer small patches multiple times a week so we get new stuff, than saving it for one huge patch that causes so many issues for days or even weeks. That way if there is a problem it's easy to diagnose and fix or just remove for later. Patch to add a few things, all good, do the next one. But to wait so many weeks for a huge patch that causes almost as many problems and it delivers doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If you think I am kidding just check the loooong known issues page and they don't have that fully updated/ It's a mile long.
Slow and steady will win the race.

However, many users who were expecting a big patch will be increasingly tired and eventually leave the game.

The Steam chart clearly shows it.

I may have stopped playing the game, but that's only because I went back to Warband to play with some of the mods and holy hell have I missed out on ****. The day Bannerlord is complete will usher in a new era of crazy awesome mods.

I played 363 hours of Bannerlord from 1.0.0 to 1.4.0 before uninstalling. Yes, game development and new users have plateaued for the moment, but the game is definitely not dying. Once there is news of a finished product, I'll be quick to install again.

PS: Somewhat related, but I was using 31-35 mods while playing, and it became a chore unto itself to figure out what would work and what would not after each new patch. I didn't uninstall because Bannerlord got boring, I uninstalled because I didn't want to become frustrated with the trouble of starting new campaigns every time a patch killed a mod.

I played 363 hours of Bannerlord from 1.0.0 to 1.4.0 before uninstalling. Yes, game development and new users have plateaued for the moment, but the game is definitely not dying. Once there is news of a finished product, I'll be quick to install again.
Up to 819 hours now, and had a little thought of un installing, the slow work to fix things and repair what they broke and with their holidays the lack of new content really sucks. I can get no content if you have a finished product, but it's still in the works, and it seems like the more they give us, the same amount gets broke again and needs fixing so not really going far right now.
I wish they would take a week or 2 and cram as many "known issues" and fix them while working on skill tree, those 2 are huge although I really want children to mean something but I know that is probably 6 months down the line

Up to 819 hours now, and had a little thought of un installing, the slow work to fix things and repair what they broke and with their holidays the lack of new content really sucks. I can get no content if you have a finished product, but it's still in the works, and it seems like the more they give us, the same amount gets broke again and needs fixing so not really going far right now.
I wish they would take a week or 2 and cram as many "known issues" and fix them while working on skill tree, those 2 are huge although I really want children to mean something but I know that is probably 6 months down the line
819 hours... 35 full days playing an early access game... wow. You will probably have little desire to play when this game is finally released.

I am the kind of person that plays one for a long time, I find something I enjoy and stick to it. As long as they keep progress going and don't stall out and make it not fun anymore, I have no desire to stop.
When I want to destress, I hop on a new archer and shoot looters, call me crazy but to me that is a stress reliever, I don't know why

Back
Top Bottom