Cutural perks?

Users who are viewing this thread

fragonard

Grandmaster Knight
Does anyone know if the Vlandian Cultural perk for extra troop XP works? The devs mentioned a few releases ago that they were all being fixed but I'm not sure if it was the description or the actual working. I tried a quick build and it seemed to raise Sharpshooters pretty quickly but I'm not sure. Anybody know for sure?

Seems to indicate that troop groups get 20% more experience gained in battle. I play

According to one of the patches, 1.3 maybe, they are all working. So one can assume the bonus is applied after combat. All the features I could test seemed to work, the only one that doesn't work or rather can't work is the Sturgia snow bonus because snow mechanics don't exist at this point.

I know that the Khuzait and Sturgian bonuses definitely work, but I have not investigated enough to see if they all work. But maybe if some work all work? Hard to say without more data

Wait, Sturgia works? I was almost sure that snow isn't implemented in the game - I get no movement speed penalty through snow as any faction. By contrast, something like the Battanian cultural perk does work: moving through Forests gives you a -x.xx 'Forest' movement penalty, roughly a third of which is offset by a +y.yy 'Feats' bonus.

As for Khuzait, it doesn't work the way it should, just found out today. As of 1.4.0 at least, it gives your army a 'Feats' bonus of 10% of your 'Base' movement speed, for free. Doesn't matter if your army is all infantry (contrary to what the cultural perk blurb says). So typically, Khuzaiti culture is worth 0.4 to 0.6 movement speed, depending on your army size.

It's possible that Khuzait Lords have been running around with 0.4-0.6 movement speed advantage this whole time.

Last edited:
Wait, Sturgia works? I was almost sure that snow isn't implemented in the game - I get no movement speed penalty through snow as any faction. By contrast, something like the Battanian cultural perk does work: moving through Forests gives you a -x.xx 'Forest' movement penalty, roughly a third of which is offset by a +y.yy 'Feats' bonus.

As for Khuzait, it doesn't work the way it should, just found out today. As of 1.4.0 at least, it gives your army a 'Feats' bonus of 10% of your 'Base' movement speed, for free. Doesn't matter if your army is all infantry (contrary to what the cultural perk blurb says). So typically, Khuzaiti culture is worth 0.4 to 0.6 movement speed, depending on your army size.

It's possible that Khuzait Lords have been running around with 0.4-0.6 movement speed advantage this whole time.

I see - I've seen the feats feature for Khuzaits and assumed that it was the horse bonus, but that makes sense if it's just a flat bonus regardless of cavalry comp. (Not that it should be that way, but that explains how they are always so fast no matter what!)

For Sturgia, they've implemented it as a bonus for Sturgia (I'm in 1.4) if I recall correctly. I did not slow down to do the math, so i'm not sure if it matches the listed bonus.

I know that the Khuzait and Sturgian bonuses definitely work, but I have not investigated enough to see if they all work. But maybe if some work all work? Hard to say without more data

Their is no snow mechanic. So it's moving 20% faster on a thing that isn't in the game.

How can you say Sturgia works? I can literally see the Khuzait bonus on the breakdown.

edit:
Being more clear, snow is not something that effects armies speed currently.

I see - I've seen the feats feature for Khuzaits and assumed that it was the horse bonus, but that makes sense if it's just a flat bonus regardless of cavalry comp. (Not that it should be that way, but that explains how they are always so fast no matter what!)

For Sturgia, they've implemented it as a bonus for Sturgia (I'm in 1.4) if I recall correctly. I did not slow down to do the math, so i'm not sure if it matches the listed bonus.

I should’ve been more clear. I have also noticed that there is no snow debuff for any party. What I have noticed is a Sturgian snow buff. I’ll have to go back into an old save file to get a screenshot...

Back
Top Bottom