Statement Regarding Plans For MP

Users who are viewing this thread

@AVRC can we get some info on changes on the patch or in general? morale of mp playerbase is pretty low.
We are testing A LOT of stuff.
New maps, changes to troops and perks, changes to cav mechanics, some combat parameters.

It is not as simple as a single person changing a few numbers and feeling like they are alright.There is a lot of process and it takes time.

New maps, changes to troops and perks, changes to cav mechanics, some combat parameters.

It is not as simple as a single person changing a few numbers and feeling like they are alright.There is a lot of process and it takes time.
is there some eta for the skirmish_013 map? we know that its already more or less implemented because of the custom server leak.

That is very nice to know, especially the part about combat parameters! :party:

The one person who felt only a part of that complexity of tweaking, testing, getting many other people to test thoroughly and agree on what is good / what isn't, on his own skin is one of our best @Gab !

With the limitations of what could be done by an outsourced man, using only the parameters, he did an amazing job with his Modified Combat Parameters .

If you ever need someone to help you out numericaly, to speed things up and to get a true discrete player's perspective, HE is your man !

Many devs already know this, and know there are few other experienced community members as well who could be of much help to the MP dev team!

As someone who has been proudly involved, even if in a minor way, in the process of creation of those Gab/Silen combat parameters i mentioned, i , as well as others involved, understand the complexity of that issue alone, and adding on top of that the potential animation changes that could follow, plus the other things you mentioned testing, we understand these things take much time and effort.

All many of us wanted to know was almost only IF some of those things are being worked on at all, or considered working as intended. Now that we are somewhat informed about it, it is much better situation considering there is now the anticipation of a better MP gameplay mechanics.

Take your time, and feel especially encouraged to include expert community members for helping out with the number and speed of testing, if that is something the company considered.
Cheers!

Last edited:
That is very nice to know, especially the part about combat parameters! :party:

The one person who felt only a part of that complexity of tweaking, testing, getting many other people to test thoroughly and agree on what is good / what isn't, on his own skin is one of our best @Gab !

With the limitations of what could be done by an outsourced man, using only the parameters, he did an amazing job with his Modified Combat Parameters .

If you ever need someone to help you out numericaly, to speed things up and to get a true discrete player's perspective, HE is your man !

Many devs already know this, and know there are few other experienced community members as well who could be of much help to the MP dev team!

As someone who has been proudly involved, even if in a minor way, in the process of creation of those Gab/Silen combat parameters i mentioned, i , as well as others involved, understand the complexity of that issue alone, and adding on top of that the potential animation changes that could follow, plus the other things you mentioned testing, we understand these things take much time and effort.

All many of us wanted to know was almost only IF some of those things are being worked on at all, or considered working as intended. Now that we are somewhat informed about it, it is much better situation considering there is now the anticipation of a better MP gameplay mechanics.

Take your time, and feel especially encouraged to include expert community members for helping out with the number and speed of testing, if that is something the company considered.
Cheers!
We did test the mentioned parameters, there were some changes we liked, some we didn't. We are experimenting with a few different settings at the moment.

We did test the mentioned parameters, there were some changes we liked, some we didn't. We are experimenting with a few different settings at the moment.
I'm very happy to hear that!

Of course, the official parameters shouldn't be 1:1 same as those, since the combat would inherit some of the pre-arround 0.8.0 beta issues, which is the version in which the params were made, and some are not possible to pull out properly without the changes to animations, which should be avoided if possible, unless it is to make them more readable.
This kind of communication feels almost medicinal ?

Thanks for everyone leaving comments in here discussing the state of the game. I don’t have anything to add but it is nice to lurk and read the discussions taking place.

Thanks very much AVRC and Azahki for responding in general as well.

I agree with what Piconi wrote earlier.

These sound good! A player reporting method is important, when that occasional teamkiller ruins match after match.

Agree with what some are saying, balance needs to be addressed. In Captains mode,winning w/ Battania against Vlandia is as hard as ever. Cav is almost never good. So many matches lost cause 2 guys go cav, heh.

Have you guys talked about removing Block Delay?

i want to ask if anyone knows why the Aserai color changed ?
i saw in past videos they were White clothed, and now they are orange & yellow
the white color was amazing, i wish it was like this

i want to ask if anyone knows why the Aserai color changed ?
i saw in past videos they were White clothed, and now they are orange & yellow
the white color was amazing, i wish it was like this
They just had certain cloth pieces in lighter beige colors, not exactly white, while rest of the cothes were darker, similar to how they are now.

The MP troops were visualy revamped in 0.8.0 beta patch, so that moment got used for a certain design choice.
Their banner is orange, so they now follow banner colors, same as in the singleplayer, same as every other faction, it's stated that this was decided for easier recognition.

I personally would like for the Aserai to have their SECONDARY color (dark red) on the cloth wrappings arround the helmets and scarves, in stead of one color for all armor pieces.

They just had certain cloth pieces in lighter beige colors, not exactly white, while rest of the cothes were darker, similar to how they are now.

The MP troops were visualy revamped in 0.8.0 beta patch, so that moment got used for a certain design choice.
Their banner is orange, so they now follow banner colors, same as in the singleplayer, same as every other faction, it's stated that this was decided for easier recognition.

I personally would like for the Aserai to have their SECONDARY color (dark red) on the cloth wrappings arround the helmets and scarves, in stead of one color for all armor pieces.
thanks for the info :wink:

Honestly coffee stain is a really good example of good communication

For those who don't want to watch the whole thing, pretty much how coffee stain approaches their updates (or release) is putting a date on when they plan to have the patch ready and if not they will delay the game for a week or so until their next predicted release date (according to the team).

They say they want to do it this way because being transparent about the dates but still having those delays is way less frustrating to have radio silence from when something is coming.

I think this is actually a good way of communicating with the community and i have been waiting for a long time for their game to come on steam. Them always communicating and letting people like me in the loop about what is happening in their studio actually frustrates me a lot less then if they were to go silence.

^ ? ^

I think this model would go very well with the apparent work habits in TaleWorlds, though it would require community management team to be complete, so that the workload would allow them to prepare weekly or biweekly mini roadmaps, without sacrificing efficiency of forwarding bugreports, issues and suggestions.

Is their a time frame on when these updates may happen because its felt like a long time without a MP patch that has added content. Even just knowing if its going to be added within 1 week or 6 months would help a lot.

Warriors of Calradia,

We would like to share with you some of the improvements that we are currently working on for Multiplayer.

First and foremost on our list of improvements is stability. We are working very hard to ensure that you have a smooth experience that is free of technical difficulties and server crashes. We have addressed many issues in recent patches and will continue to do so until stability reaches a point that we are satisfied with.

Next up, we want to inform you that the anti-cheat integration will go live soon and be implemented on all servers.

On top of these technical improvements, we are also planning social improvements to address in-game trolling and similar problems. The new Player Reporting System is close to completion, which will allow players to report team killers and other kinds of behaviours that disturb the game. We will also be keeping a detailed game and chat logs.

Our Analytics System is up and running and we are closely monitoring all facets of all game modes. We are planning to periodically release Balance Patches to adjust the gameplay to make sure that the game is balanced and enjoyable.

We also have many new features currently in the development pipeline, such as the ability to find and add Recently Played Players as friends, forming Clans in-game, Ranked Matchmaking, new maps and more.

Our team is working very hard to ensure that we can deliver the quality that you deserve and we are looking forward to releasing all of these features and many more as soon as possible.

Stay tuned!

I'm sorry but this is rubbish we don't need any of this. What we need is our own servers. We'll police them ourselves. The anti cheat is ok though. All the rest is a waste of time.

I mean, broadly it is as simple as that, I guess what you mean is that in order to push changes to live it needs to go through a more formal process involving other teams due to the impact they have on other aspects of the game, and people signing off etc. Obviously that takes a lot of time, but that's why I and many others asked for a more agile testing process where we can experiment more freely and process changes more quickly. Sitting on slight modifications of combat for weeks/months because of the process, is indicative of flaws within that process, especially if when those modifications do reach the players they are rejected and outstanding issues are pointed out very quickly, causing the whole thing to restart.

This is basically what happened in beta and why, despite some progress, many felt it was much too little and far too slow.

I'd propose instead we have some form of beta patch testing focused on combat where we can very quickly see changes, test them, suggest further changes, test them, in an iterative process that means we test far more changes in a timespan of weeks rather than very few changes in a timespan of months. The results of these tests can then be submitted to the more lengthy and formal process.

As OGL says, you have a beta branch, use it.

Post a thread here, title it "Beta branch BLA BLA BLA testing at 20:00 GMT tonight" that details any changes and let people play around with the settings on a private server on that branch, then they can leave the feedback on changes on that thread. This way you can make DRASTIC changes that doesn't affect the main branch of casual plebs, and they get tested, AND the people are most invested in the game can feel included in this whole process.

Back
Top Bottom