But, except the player no one is doing

Why don't execute between AI ???

And Lords don't die on the battlefield

after over 10000 battles No one dies

Lords survive like zombies even after losing battles

it's no middle age war, and don't feel thrill

It causes boredom and game life will be shortened

Last edited:
As mentioned many times, death is not really implemented right now because the world completely breaks down and depopulates (see how easy it is to conquer Calradia if you just execute everyone).

There's an option you can tick in the campaign options even to do enable "death" which this is supposed to encapsulate (including for the player character if you kick the bucket, presumably) but presently doesn't do anything.

It's another of the features that are in the game but not functional/enabled like being able to rebel within a kingdom.

How in the world could they announce this feature years ago and now act like they have no idea how to facilitate it??
That's a really good question but sadly we'll never get an answer to it. I love TW but it's pretty clear their project management is completely ****ed up. No game should be in development this long and lack so many core features even in an EA launch.

I roll with

AI Values Life
Execution
Heroes Must Die

Because if AI lords aren't executing each other when pissed off, and if no one can die, it makes for a stale environment.
Mods. They make this game so much better.

Part of the problem is how long time we have to wait for a kid to grown up, 84 days per years is too much. Plus why we have to wait for 18 years old? Waiting for 16 years old seems more reasonable in that time, at least to fight battles without leading them.

A hope that once the replacement system is finished, years last for 30-40 days instead of 80. Otherwise, this new system for having kids and permanent death will be pointless and I would finish the game before playing as my son.

Ah, and add an option for disabling aging for those people who enjoy playing like Warband or they would scream everywhere.

Last edited:
A hope that once the replacement system is finished, years last for 30-40 days instead of 80. Otherwise, this new system for having kids and permanent death will be pointless and I would finish the game before playing as my son.

Ah, and add an option for disabling aging for those people who enjoy playing such as Warband or they would scream everywhere.

Permanent death means that you'll never continue to play as your son, the game is over the moment you finally croak. That is actual 'realism'.
Ah, and you forgot to add disable permanent death as well. :smile:

And in case you didn't notice, the game already has many options for that so this thread is moot other than spamming muh deaths anyways

Execution is bannerload's new system

But, except the player no one is doing

Why don't execute between AI ???

after over 10000 battles No one dies

Lords survive like zombies even after losing battles

it's no middle age war, and don't feel thrill

It causes boredom and game life will be shortened

Just try mods. It will be months till we get new features from taleslow.

OmxHzjU.png

i equip two handed Axe Then slashed Enemy Lord's head in battle field.

But he doesn't die... it is no reality
And if you's kill him , his family and friends become your archenemies for generations hunting you and your descendants down :smile: .
Would you want that ? :smile:
They had something like this in rotk (12 i think it was). Just kidding ... is not a wanted feature.

My 2 cents: Whatever form noble/character death takes when the dust settles, it needs to include a sub-system in which new nobles can rise to take the place of those killed. This new noble situation should be limited in various ways - you would never want the # of nobles in the world to rise above X. But the dice roll chance of new nobles emerging should increase as the total number of nobles shrinks below X. Also, noble replacement should be on a delay: Killing nobles on the battlefield should still be significant for the duration of that war, or something to that effect.

My 2 cents: Whatever form noble/character death takes when the dust settles, it needs to include a sub-system in which new nobles can rise to take the place of those killed. This new noble situation should be limited in various ways - you would never want the # of nobles in the world to rise above X. But the dice roll chance of new nobles emerging should increase as the total number of nobles shrinks below X. Also, noble replacement should be on a delay: Killing nobles on the battlefield should still be significant for the duration of that war, or something to that effect.

I Agree.
When the number of lords decreases, the balance of the game is destroyed.
If the lord dies, new lord must be created.

Otherwise, at least the number of lords should be 1000

Instead of just capture or execute; a torture option for castle/town dungeons would be nice. Option to "Break His Will" in the dungeon over time. After will is broken he will not take any actions in a war against your faction for a set time(30 days?). It would help with the magically created parties of lords constantly back in the fight after a major defeat.

Yes to AI executing as long as it doesn't become where it's all AI does all the time. Of course we need the mechanics in place where the executed Lords have a method of eventually being replaced.

With that said however executing should NEVER be a random event in the game world and only specific Lords or Bandit Lords with a specific "evil" traits should be the ones initiating executions for no good reasons other than being an evil bastard. If one of these evil bastards executes a player's companions that's captured while leading a caravan or leading a combat party, the player would have free reign to capture the offending party and execute them, in retaliation, with ZERO rep loss.

In my opinion executing penalties should be limited to the specific clans involved. I would really love to see a "blood fued" or "an eye for an eye" type mechanic where if any Lord executes or if the player executes, whichever clan the executed party is from, the executed Lords family will retaliate with executions of their own against the specific clan(or player) that did the executing. To include the player's family members and companions being executed if captured. This type of vendetta or "tit for tat" type mechanic could be stopped by the player, by the player paying blood money to the clan from which the player executed a family member. This should be a "one for one" type mechanic so it doesn't snowball to the point to where AI is executing the entire world after each battle.

In an "eye for an eye" type of mechanic if the player executes a lord and then the player has a family member or companion captured by that Lord's family(clan), the player should get an option to pay the blood money prior to the retaliatory execution being played out. Player pays blood money, and they get back their companion or family member. No payment, the companion or family member gets executed.

A hardcore setting would allow the player's main character to be executed if the player starts the blood feud via execution then the player gets captured by the family involved. A system where the player has to set heirs would be required so the player could play on with their new clan leader.

Last edited:
With that said however executing should NEVER be a random event in the game world and only specific Lords or Bandit Lords with a specific "evil" traits should be the ones initiating executions for no good reasons other than being an evil bastard

It is also a good idea to execute only the lords who have cruelty.

Back
Top Bottom