Statement Regarding Plans For MP

Users who are viewing this thread

+1 skins are far more important than the gameplay (since that is nonexistant at the moment, its just fighting beginners that play like bots)

not having sbmm turned away nearly all of the vets aswell

Υeah, I am aware,but public matches are not 100% fair in any game. On the other hand, I believe any kind of Ranked/competitive matchmaking should have both a mixed (party+solo) mode and a full solo queue mode because that's only fair.
I agree with you but that is something even dota2 can't pull off consistently with its massive player base. We will at least separate full stacks in the beginng, then see where we go from there.

I agree with you but that is something even dota2 can't pull off consistently with its massive player base. We will at least separate full stacks in the beginng, then see where we go from there.

As far as I know, DOTA's solo queue is more of parameters settings within the existing queue system. If you want to look at a game that does this specifically with different playlists, it's destiny 2. D2 ranked competitive mode has 2 modes. The survival mode which is solo+group players together, and freelance which is specifically a 1+1+1 versus 1+1+1 system, which is all solos forming 2 teams to play against each other. The latter system has been praised by the community, it certainly feels good to know all the players are solo queuing.

+1 skins are far more important than the gameplay (since that is nonexistant at the moment, its just fighting beginners that play like bots)

not having sbmm turned away nearly all of the vets aswell
Skill based match making is being developed, we even had some live tests ?, it is one of the first features we want to get online. More info will be available as it matures.

As far as I know, DOTA's solo queue is more of parameters settings within the existing queue system. If you want to look at a game that does this specifically with different playlists, it's destiny 2. D2 ranked competitive mode has 2 modes. The survival mode which is solo+group players together, and freelance which is specifically a 1+1+1 versus 1+1+1 system, which is all solos forming 2 teams to play against each other. The latter system has been praised by the community, it certainly feels good to know all the players are solo queuing.
As someone who used Solo Matchmaking Only exclusively on Dota 2, I support the solo queue system, however it comes at a longer queue time cost. I would love to enable it for Bannerlord in the future but we need the player counts to increase first. Just know that if it is viable, we will use it.

As someone who used Solo Matchmaking Only exclusively on Dota 2, I support the solo queue system, however it comes at a longer queue time cost. I would love to enable it for Bannerlord in the future but we need the player counts to increase first. Just know that if it is viable, we will use it.

Definitely, we are just exchanging ideas :grin:. I have no doubt that if the class system + combat get attention the game will flourish. When balance settles down and we get more maps/content I definitely think people will start playing more.

Will we get free to play multiplayer weekends, twitch loot or something similar to increase player counts if they drop too low?

The biggest problem with skill-based matchmaking probably is the fact that we do not have enough people to populate all the skill degrees. If people get spread out into too many skill degrees or ranks or whatever, we might have problems finding games - since there already is a problem of this kind and we do not even have a skill-based mm. Will you be implementing an average team ELO system or something in this regard so it negates this problem?

The biggest problem with skill-based matchmaking probably is the fact that we do not have enough people to populate all the skill degrees. If people get spread out into too many skill degrees or ranks or whatever, we might have problems finding games - since there already is a problem of this kind and we do not even have a skill-based mm. Will you be implementing an average team ELO system or something in this regard so it negates this problem?
its because non of the warband players actually swapped over, due to not having sbmm and broken balance regarding cav and archers (most nw players are inf based) insane shield health, block delay etc.

its because non of the warband players actually swapped over, due to not having sbmm and broken balance regarding cav and archers (most nw players are inf based) insane shield health, block delay etc.

I am sure that most of the people, including me, haven't stopped mainly because of stomping pubs but because of the gameplay which is lacking. But yeah, I can see a lot of people coming back once the skill-based matchmaking takes its place.

will that be a web interface? similar to op.gg/mobalytics or is that not decided yet
Not decided, but I would assume some sort of in game profile screen. Since it is polish stuff, it is too early to discuss.

First, thanks for taking the time to answer questions.
Now, i wanted to ask how you envision a ranked mode, do you intend to switch spawn and faction after half the rounds ?
Because otherwise faction-imbalance plays a huge role, and also you are forced to absolutly symmetric maps.

Don't turn the game into grinding for skins and badges as the main appeal, this is not what made me play the game for 7 years on warband.

Skins and badges cannot be a main appeal since they have no effect in game mechanics. You played warband for 7 years like most of us because of the fluid combat system and the mods. Cosmetics have no effect on either of those two categories, but present goals to chase and provide variety and achievement showcasing.

First, thanks for taking the time to answer questions.
Now, i wanted to ask how you envision a ranked mode, do you intend to switch spawn and faction after half the rounds ?
Because otherwise faction-imbalance plays a huge role, and also you are forced to absolutly symmetric maps.
Since both sides have the same objectives, we will most probably keep to symmetric maps.
The aim is to balance the factions, current general skirmish balance is pretty good and as follows after the last patch.
We aim to get more detailed divisions of stats as we plug in the ranked system and adjust accordingly.

Faction banning and selection before match is an idea that is being bounced around as well to avoid the random nature for competitiveness.

FactionMatch Win Rate
aserai0.5
battania0.5
empire0.49
khuzait0.48
sturgia0.52
vlandia0.51

Back
Top Bottom