Statement Regarding Plans For MP

Users who are viewing this thread

do you mean some sort of renting system?
Rent would not be the right word. More details will come in time but we aim to address the requirements of the community while not breaking our infrastructure.

This is a new game and it is not fully released yet.
I think this is the crux of the matter. You are fully right, Arda: Bannerlord is not a released game. The major problem, however, is that the biggest spike of game activity is already behind us. First impressions are essential, especially for multiplayer, and the vast majority of players who are interested in Bannerlord have already tried the game, and judged it based on its state when it released. The state of multiplayer is poor, and was even worse at release.

I have faith that you will improve multiplayer to the point where it rivals and later surpasses Warband. But once we get to that point, we can no longer use the biggest growth spurt in Bannerlord's entire lifespan to make everyone enjoy multiplayer.
So my point is: in my opinion, multiplayer should not have been released to the public in the state that it was. Whether there were other options, I don't know. I can understand that you felt that singleplayer was in a good enough state for early access (I agree on that), and that you don't want to release singleplayer without multiplayer, but still.

Lack of communication or lack of responses might seem ignorant but I can't comment on something I don't know how it works or vice versa. It would be great if all the developers could have spent their times with the community but they decide to work most of the time, which in the end, I think you would agree. I am doing my best to notify the producers and developers regarding what is being discussed on the forums, don't worry on that end.

There needs to be someone from the dev team here defending the design and the reasoning with us (other than Tork thanks). This game can not be made in a vacuum, your developers have a community to answer to and they need to immerse themselves in it. As a result of fruitful discussion maybe the community and developers can come to mutual understanding. Right now the developer silence inspires no confidence and by in large the community, your player base, fear multiplayer is in bad hands.

The current trajectory of 0 discussion and 0 concessions made by the developers concerning issues that the community holds in near unanimous agreement leads us down only one disappointing path: severe fragmentation of the player base to various modded versions of multiplayer, dead vanilla servers (not a good look), and thousands of dev hours being a waste in the end. Please correct course and start developing multiplayer FOR the community, not to fulfill the disconnected developer vision.

There needs to be someone from the dev team here defending the design and the reasoning with us (other than Tork thanks). This game can not be made in a vacuum, your developers have a community to answer to and they need to immerse themselves in it. As a result of fruitful discussion maybe the community and developers can come to mutual understanding. Right now the developer silence inspires no confidence and by in large the community, your player base, fear multiplayer is in bad hands.

The current trajectory of 0 discussion and 0 concessions made by the developers concerning issues that the community holds in near unanimous agreement leads us down only one disappointing path: severe fragmentation of the player base to various modded versions of multiplayer, dead vanilla servers (not a good look), and thousands of dev hours being a waste in the end. Please correct course and start developing multiplayer FOR the community, not to fulfill the disconnected developer vision.

What Grim said hits the nail.

A bit unrelated question to combat, but... Will the level progress done in EA be removed after the full release or will we keep our level?

I doubt they will reset the progress after EA, since EA does not work the same as beta in most games. Plus, it's 1 year of progress. Would be a really dissapointing thing if they actually reset the progress.

A bit unrelated question to combat, but... Will the level progress done in EA be removed after the full release or will we keep our level?
We have ideas to use the Level system for 'things', might possibly get reset to test stuff. Converting into a badge before resetting might be a solution if players really want to keep it as an achievement. Similar to dota2 compendium level badges for each year.

We have ideas to use the Level system for 'things', might possibly get reset to test stuff. Converting into a badge before resetting might be a solution if players really want to keep it as an achievement. Similar to dota2 compendium level badges for each year.

I think you should discuss, in due time, what the cosmetic progression will be. Badges are not enough to keep players engaged, and some form of cosmetic customization tied to levelling or certain achievements should be in the game. The problem though is how will the distribution be. There are so many factions, so many classes and within those classes many get total different armor with improved armor perk. The problem right now is that everyone looks the same and there is no identity of the players. So customization has to be in.

Different badges should showcase some form of achievement of the player. And since we already have grinding badges like 750 wins one, I would love to have badges for (example) 10-20k kills, dismounts, cavalry kills, killing streaks etc. with tiers.

Another system that would be good, especially for bragging rights would be to take the smithing system and be able to unlock weapon parts to change on your class. For example, my varyag could transmogrify axe heads and handles to the axe which will be unlocked by playing the game or fulfill certain criteria. Example: engraved axe head after 10k kills etc.

so basicly its useless to level up right now since all the progress will be lost anyways

I think you should discuss, in due time, what the cosmetic progression will be. Badges are not enough to keep players engaged, and some form of cosmetic customization tied to levelling or certain achievements should be in the game. The problem though is how will the distribution be. There are so many factions, so many classes and within those classes many get total different armor with improved armor perk. The problem right now is that everyone looks the same and there is no identity of the players. So customization has to be in.

Different badges should showcase some form of achievement of the player. And since we already have grinding badges like 750 wins one, I would love to have badges for (example) 10-20k kills, dismounts, cavalry kills, killing streaks etc. with tiers.

Another system that would be good, especially for bragging rights would be to take the smithing system and be able to unlock weapon parts to change on your class. For example, my varyag could transmogrify axe heads and handles to the axe which will be unlocked by playing the game or fulfill certain criteria. Example: engraved axe head after 10k kills etc.
Would rather get ranked season badges, changing crafting parts might change damage values. I dont mind skins for weapons but weapons as ingame shop or unlockable shouldnt be in the game.

so basicly its useless to level up right now since all the progress will be lost anyways

Would rather get ranked season badges, changing crafting parts might change damage values. I dont mind skins for weapons but weapons as ingame shop or unlockable shouldnt be in the game.

Weapon parts should be only cosmetic, no change to length/damage/speed whatsoever.

I completely agree, we are on it already but it will take time, as I said we need to fix more critical parts first.

I completely agree, we are on it already but it will take time, as I said we need to fix more critical parts first.

Thanks for the comment. Regarding ranked mode, it better have a solo queue, for the healthy maintain of the playerbase. Not everybody can fill fullstacks nor its enjoyable to play against full stacks.

Weapon parts should be only cosmetic, no change to length/damage/speed whatsoever.

As I said it won't necessarily be lost, it is not decided atm. Even if we reset, we will make sure you keep your progress in a way.

Nothing related to progression should ever affect gameplay. Only visual.

Thanks for the comment. Regarding ranked mode, it better have a solo queue, for the healthy maintain of the playerbase. Not everybody can fill fullstacks nor its enjoyable to play against full stacks.
Currently full stacks play against other full stacks as long as there is another one searching. We have an upcoming feature that should make life better for both fullstacks and other players.

Also unrelated to combat. The narrators that we hear talking waaaay in the distance, it'd be nicer if we can hear that as normal sound haha. Maybe it would get some teammates to actually go on the points if they can actually hear the voice
Thst is an aspect being worked on, improving the communication related to objectives.

Currently full stacks play against other full stacks as long as there is another one searching. We have an upcoming feature that should make life better for both fullstacks and other players.

Υeah, I am aware,but public matches are not 100% fair in any game. On the other hand, I believe any kind of Ranked/competitive matchmaking should have both a mixed (party+solo) mode and a full solo queue mode because that's only fair.

Back
Top Bottom