Taleworlds please fix it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Powerfull1

Recruit
Hi all, just 2 screenshots guys:
20200507165105-1.jpg

20200507165155-1.jpg

Aserai hired 8 mercenary clans, 8x4 = 32 squads endlessly harass villages of my kingdom. This introduces a huge imbalance.

I suggest limiting of mercenary clans per kingdom to 3. Also, the player should be able to hire mercenaries by talking to any member of the clan, and not just the leader.

Hi all, just 2 screenshots guys:

Aserai hired 8 mercenary clans, 8x4 = 32 squads endlessly harass villages of my kingdom. This introduces a huge imbalance.

I suggest limiting of mercenary clans per kingdom to 3. Also, the player should be able to hire mercenaries by talking to any member of the clan, and not just the leader.

So you complain that AI tries to prevent you from steamrolling it by hiring mercenaries and raiding your economy to indirectly damage your power and at the same time getting money from raiding to pay those mercenaries?

...I say well done AI.

This is Imperial main quest when three strongest factions fight against only your Kingdom, no peace, no wars with anyone else. Therefore, it doesn’t matter what strength I have, I survived with great difficulty and this haras will not allow me to win. It's impossible

isn't there a mod that prevents lords from escaping?
Yep. It's "Prevent Nobility Escape"

-EDIT- Also, to OP, TW is aware that the end game needs heavy balancing. They already fixed the most damaging issues, but currently end game is lackluster at most, with indepent kingdoms struggling to survive as the most obvious issue. This heavily depends on main quest being incomplete; with you being unable to stop the conspiracy you end up being at war with 3/4 factions at one time. So yeah, you are right, end game is currently frustrating. This is a known issue which developers are very aware of.

If this is a blocking issue for you, I strongly recommend you to try the aforementioned mod, which helps a lot by reducing the number of parties at enemies' disposal, but is balanced out by the fact that requires you to actually track down and defeat enemy leaders.

Last edited:
So you complain that AI tries to prevent you from steamrolling it by hiring mercenaries and raiding your economy to indirectly damage your power and at the same time getting money from raiding to pay those mercenaries?

...I say well done AI.
This is not AI. This is cheating.
Wherever the mercenaries is, AI just snaps its fingers and then they're my men. But what players need to do is to travel around the whole map to find the mercenary leader. Even a mercenary member doesn't count.

This is not AI. This is cheating.
Wherever the mercenaries is, AI just snaps its fingers and then they're my men. But what players need to do is to travel around the whole map to find the mercenary leader. Even a mercenary member doesn't count.
AI need some advantages or they can never compete with human
AI also got free troops upon respwaning. AI lords come with cities or castles at beginning but you dont have any. Some AI lords got free high-end gears which will cost you nearly a million.

AI need some advantages or they can never compete with human
AI also got free troops upon respwaning. AI lords come with cities or castles at beginning but you dont have any. Some AI lords got free high-end gears which will cost you nearly a million.
Yeah, that's what cheat means.
Players' role is a warrior against a dragon. The dragon must be powerful at the beginning whilst we accumulate exp and equipments to build our advantages. That's the fun of the game. But the warrior and the dragon both follow a rule. In this game, the rule doesn't exist.
If AI can summon mercenaries wherever they are, players should have the same ability. TW should integrate "mercenary recruiting system" in the "family" menu, just like "diplomacy orders" integrated in the Kingdom menu. But TW doesn't.
Actually, the weak faction recruits a large amount of mercenaries due to a patch fixing the snowball effect. Unexpectedly it turns out to be against players. Mercenaries can't do much harm actually, but they are too many and trivial, just bothering people.

Back
Top Bottom