we are Early Access players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjc0552

Recruit
1%EC%9C%84.png

this is korea No.1 Mount & Blade fan cafe Banner.

it seems now here TW...

Cheer up guys

A lot of people seem to forget this fact when they post here.
And lots of people here forget (or weren't there when) we have been promised a near complete EA. Fanboys don't seem to understand the source of the negative feedback. They still carry the same tune nevertheless, "It's EA! ehehehehe". Thank you, we know.

And lots of people here forget (or weren't there when) we have been promised a near complete EA. Fanboys don't seem to understand the source of the negative feedback. They still carry the same tune nevertheless, "It's EA! ehehehehe". Thank you, we know.

Link? IIRC, the EA was released sooner than they would have liked (in terms of completeness) due to events in Turkey (and globally) setting back their production setting.

Plus "near complete" can mean different things to different people. It's not like there is no MP available, or the main quest is missing from the SP campaign. Just because a game is feature complete doesn't mean it still doesn't have a lot of work left to be done on it.

Last edited:
Plus "near complete" can mean different things to different people. It's not like there is no MP available, or the main quest is missing from the SP campaign. Just because a game is feature complete doesn't mean it still doesn't have a lot of work left to be done on it.
Feature complete? Can i get trait please? Some perks that work? Maybe a handful of 5 minute repetative quest. Im tired of seeing the same five lines of dialog. Pretty sure ive rescued the locals duaghter 100 times. She refuses to stop running away. As far as i can see ONE feature is complete. Combat.

Feature complete? Can i get trait please? Some perks that work? Maybe a handful of 5 minute repetative quest. Im tired of seeing the same five lines of dialog. Pretty sure ive rescued the locals duaghter 100 times. She refuses to stop running away. As far as i can see ONE feature is complete. Combat.

I didn't say this game was feature complete, just that even when a game is feature complete, it's nowhere near done. There is also a difference between unimplemented perks and a missing character perk system, or a low variety of repeatable quests and not having any repeatable quests at all, or a missing faction and a faction that is undertuned.

But hey, **** me for trying to keep things positive, right?

Turkish video was easier to find, I simply won't go through all the english interviews to find the other one because you didn't follow the game events and interviews yourself. You asking for the proof and starting to make excuses in the next sentence is very cute tho.
IIRC, the EA was released sooner than they would have liked (in terms of completeness) due to events in Turkey (and globally) setting back their production setting.
The video is dated 2019 so it's as recent as it can be and except corona pandemic (which started to affect us in late march), nothing that would affect game development happened in Turkey or in a global scale that would affect a game developer company located in Turkey. Feel free to enlighten me with a link if they ever told us anything like it tho.

Back to the video: Basically what has been said in that interview; starting at 1:31;
Interviewer: Early Access suprised me, I didn't expect EA for Bannerlord, even tho we had EA for the first game. When we spoke about it last year, you said you were preparing to launch this year but there has been a delay to next year. Do you really feel the need to go with EA? Do you think about the possibility to see a reaction by the players? Because I've started to see reactions like "It has been so many years, will this game still release as EA?" abroad (foreign forums) myself. Does it scare you?

Armağan Yavuz: We're one of the first companies that started EA. Sometimes it has been misused, like starting it too early, people who abandoned the game. Because of this there's a negative view about EA when in reality you could use it very positively. Our EA will probably not be like those, not probably but certainly won't be like it. If we'ld push it a little, we could be saying it's complete (He continues to tell us why they think EA will be good for them, basically for them "not to rush" some content and "not to cut off" others)

Interviewer: Yes, you're right about EA, It has been viewed more positively back then. But when I take into account what you're saying, for example in March 2020, EA is launched, when I'm playing the game will I be able to feel that I'm playing a full game? or will I be saying that this a very early beta?

Armağan Yavuz: It'll feel like a full game substantially. (continues to tell that it's not a Linear game, by the complex nature of the game, it might not be possible to make it perfect in terms of bugs, which I agree)

Fun fact: That interviewer released a video stating it feels like "a very early beta" after EA launch. :grin:

I remember it also has been said that it won't be a regular EA, it'll feel complete and it was done mainly for "feedback" to guide development. That's cool. What kind of "feedback" can we offer when we're playing an EA version that's lacking in core features? Do they only mean "bug reports" when they use "feedback"?

The main quest IS missing tho, in a messy state on top of that with the continuously repeating "Stop conspiracy" quest. I don't know which game you're playing but you're not playing Bannerlord, if you think it's "feature complete". Diplomacy isn't there, Lord relations isn't there except a few isolated ways to improve, Kingdom management isn't properly there. You can do battles, conquer cities and it's good for you if you enjoy this cycle for hours.
We should have been waiting for the mods right now, not for the game to be finished. We're aware of the "EA" label as it has been slapped in there at the last second when there were tons of previous statements about how this time we'ld get a finished product and EA wasn't planned. **** happen, we have a lacking EA, alright, I'm past that since mid-March, I bought it anyways thinking since their progress will be public and will be observed, I could see the progress with a reasonable speed. Instead I got nothing but bugfixes with the unnecessary Singleplayer exploitfixes and nothing but a small pool of new items. When you make a statement about that, you're labeled as being "negative", that's just the truth buddy. I'm not fooling myself with ridiculous make believe like "they're holding content back to reduce expectations!" like some fanboys do. I see the reality of the situation and I'm not being a part of the problem by giving them the idea so far the EA experience was great by telling them "GrEat jOb GuYs!". Wish I had an experience that could make me say it, tho.

To wrap it up, yeah, we know it's EA guys, we just don't like how it's managed with minimal communication and with minimal content.

Last edited:
To wrap it up, yeah, we know it's EA guys, we just don't like how it's managed with minimal communication with minimal content.

I think that the distinction should be made more between how people seem to deal with their opinion. I am definitely not satisfied myself with how the game was released, nor am I happy with the lack of communication. I also think it is completely unreasonable for people to say that the game is just fine as it is, it clearly is not (and to be honest I can't say that I remember many people saying that on this forum).

However I don't see what point is there in continuous complaining and nagging and yelling and screaming (I am not saying that you have done it, just saying that reading some of the posts in here you would think TW is holding their families hostage until the game is finished).

The way I see it, you give feedback, stick around to see if things improve, if they don't and you are fed up you move on. Refund if you can, if not that's too bad, the money you spent on the game is disposable income anyway. My steam library is full of games I haven't played for more than 5 hours. If I go to a restaurant, I order a fancy steak for 50 dollars and it tastes like cardboard, I probably will never go there again. I might complain about it and leave them a bad review on Yelp. But I won't spend days outside of their front door screaming at them and everyone about how bad that steak was.

Edit: also, this is an actual complete translation of the interview https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/ctxtfs/armağan_yavuz_gamescom_2019_interview_translation/ , I don't see him saying that the game will be complete when released in EA in this one.

Last edited:

Turkish video was easier to find, I simply won't go through all the english interviews to find the other one because you didn't follow the game events and interviews yourself. You asking for the proof and starting to make excuses in the next sentence is very cute tho.

The video is dated 2019 so it's as recent as it can be and except corona pandemic (which started to affect us in late march), nothing that would affect game development happened in Turkey or in a global scale that would affect a game developer company located in Turkey. Feel free to enlighten me with a link if they ever discussed it to us tho.

Back to the video: Basically what has been said in that interview; starting at 1:31;
Interviewer: Early Access suprised me, I didn't expect EA for Bannerlord, even tho we had EA for the first game. When we spoke about it last year, you said you were preparing to launch this year but there has been a delay to next year. Do you really feel the need to go with EA? Do you think about the possibility to see a reaction by the players? Because I've started to see reactions like "It has been so many years, will this game still release as EA?" abroad (foreign forums) myself. Does it scare you?

Armağan Yavuz: We're one of the first companies that started EA. Sometimes it has been misused, like starting it too early, people who abandoned the game. Because of this there's a negative view about EA when in reality you could use it very positively. Our EA will probably not be like those, not probably but certainly won't be like it. If we'ld push it a little, we could be saying it's complete (He continues to tell us why they think EA will be good for them, basically for them "not to rush" some content and "not to cut off" others)

Interviewer: Yes, you're right about EA, It has been viewed more positively back then. But when I take into account what you're saying, for example in March 2020, EA is launched, when I'm playing the game will I be able to feel that I'm playing a full game? or will I be saying that this a very early beta?

Armağan Yavuz: It'll feel like a full game substantially. (continues to tell that it's not a Linear game, by the complex nature of the game, it might not be possible to make it perfect in terms of bugs, which I agree)

Fun fact: That interviewer released a video stating it feels like "a very early beta" after EA launch. :grin:

I remember it also has been said that it won't be a regular EA, it'll feel complete and it was done mainly for "feedback" to guide development. That's cool. What kind of "feedback" can we offer when we're playing an EA version that's lacking in core features? Do they only mean "bug reports" when they use "feedback"?

The main quest IS missing tho, in a messy state on top of that with the continuously repeating "Stop conspiracy" quest. I don't know which game you're playing but you're not playing Bannerlord, if you think it's "feature complete". Diplomacy isn't there, Lord relations isn't there except a few isolated ways to improve, Kingdom management isn't properly there. You can do battles, conquer cities and it's good for you if you enjoy this cycle for hours.
We should have been waiting for the mods right now, not for the game to be finished. We're aware of the "EA" label as it has been slapped in there at the last second when there were tons of previous statements about how this time we'ld get a finished product and EA wasn't planned. **** happen, we have a lacking EA, alright, I'm past that since mid-March, I bought it anyways thinking since their progress will be public and will be observed, I could see the progress with a reasonable speed. Instead I got nothing but bugfixes with the unnecessary Singleplayer exploitfixes and nothing but a small pool of new items. When you make a statement about that, you're labeled as being "negative", that's just the truth buddy. I'm not fooling myself with ridiculous make believe like "they're holding content back to reduce expectations!" like some fanboys do. I see the reality of the situation and I'm not being a part of the problem by giving them the idea so far the EA experience was great by telling them "GrEat jOb GuYs!". Wish I had an experience that could make me say it, tho.

To wrap it up, yeah, we know it's EA guys, we just don't like how it's managed with minimal communication with minimal content.

Well they're just lying in this interview apparently.. lol

Remember the coup attempt that happened in Turkey a few years ago? That's not the kind of thing you bring up in an interview about your game.

In my experience, both in working on games and being part of other early access launches, I haven't seen anything to be concerned about so far. Would more communication or a roadmap be nice? Sure, but I don't mind that they'd rather they spend their resources (attention/budget/etc.) working on the game and with their families than working on the forums where half the topics are people complaining and accusing them of being liars or money grubbers.

We've seen more individual updates in just over a month of early access than many early access games see in over a year. The way the forums are now, you'd think they hadn't released any updates since launch.

Remember the coup attempt that happened in Turkey a few years ago? That's not the kind of thing you bring up in an interview about your game.

In my experience, both in working on games and being part of other early access launches, I haven't seen anything to be concerned about so far. Would more communication or a roadmap be nice? Sure, but I don't mind that they'd rather they spend their resources (attention/budget/etc.) working on the game and with their families than working on the forums where half the topics are people complaining and accusing them of being liars or money grubbers.

We've seen more individual updates in just over a month of early access than many early access games see in over a year. The way the forums are now, you'd think they hadn't released any updates since launch.
****ing what.

I think that the distinction should be made more between how people seem to deal with their opinion. I am definitely not satisfied myself with how the game was released, nor am I happy with the lack of communication. I also think it is completely unreasonable for people to say that the game is just fine as it is, it clearly is not (and to be honest I can't say that I remember many people saying that on this forum).

However I don't see what point is there in continuous complaining and nagging and yelling and screaming (I am not saying that you have done it, just saying that reading some of the posts in here you would think TW is holding their families hostage until the game is finished).

The way I see it, you give feedback, stick around to see if things improve, if they don't and you are fed up you move on. Refund if you can, if not that's too bad, the money you spent on the game is disposable income anyway. My steam library is full of games I haven't played for more than 5 hours. If I go to a restaurant, I order a fancy steak for 50 dollars and it tastes like cardboard, I probably will never go there again. I might complain about it and leave them a bad review on Yelp. But I won't spend days outside of their front door screaming at them and everyone about how bad that steak was.
There are bad examples for every type. I've seen many people that stated their disappointment and negative opinions about the EA (rightly so) using a reasonable language, they were still being targeted by some fanboys in a manner as if they were trying to "silence" their opinions. Funny thing is most of them gets offended by the word "fanboy", it's the word for it, anyone is welcome to let me know if there's a better word for it. There're people who cross the line while complaining, I ignore them. If they break the rules, they'll get banned anyways.

The steak analogy is a terrible one tbh. Do you want me to explain or can you think about why? :grin:

Just because I'm stating that EA experience isn't what it should be, don't imagine me as a guy who spends his days screaming "Die Taleworlds!" and wishes to see them fail. I think we all know economically Bannerlord's EA launch has been a massive success so far, good for them, they deserve it by making a totally unique series of games and I consider my money I spent on Bannerlord was already "well deserved" by Taleworlds when I spent thousands of hours on original M&B, Warband and Wfas. What concerns me is that combined with the "Everything is just great" behaviour of a significant chunk of the community, it'll lead to a "fail" for our experience in the long run.

Devs do reply to some part of individual questions. But firstly, we basically have no idea what should we expect to see and when, secondly, I don't want to dig up for each dev response on the forums to see if I can get important info, there's an important piece of info that might be interesting for us? Put them in a sticky! No need to modify it, copy and paste, that's it and there should be channels for the whole community to be informed about what are they working on and what's expected to be included in the closest patch, a wide estimate timewindow if they can and congratz, communication issue is fixed. It's not rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom