1.3 Insane Unplayable war declaration bug

Users who are viewing this thread

Too much gold ? He has 50K and only 3 cities...
Is that supposed to always be a world war when everyone have 3 cities ?

There is obviously something that don't work with war...
These declarations of war have no reasons... You can never understand why...

Use something like in Total War with "faction relations", not only nobles relations.
(increase when you are fighting the same ennemy, decrease when you are fighting friends,...)

I'm the king of my realm and yesterday I helped Sturgia against our same ennemies...
My armies saved their cities and their nobles many times... Then they decide to declare war on me with their 200 soldiers left... I took their last city with my 1000 men... I was trying to help them and I "gave" them 2 castles for the last 3 hours....

Last edited:
Too much gold ? He has 50K and only 3 cities...
Is that supposed to always be a world war when everyone have 3 cities ?

There is obviously something that don't work with war...
These declarations of war have no reasons... You can never understand why...

Use something like in Total War with "faction relations", not only nobles relations.
(increase when you are fighting the same ennemy, decrease when you are fighting friends,...)

I'm the king of my realm and yesterday I helped Sturgia against our same ennemies...
My armies saved their cities and their nobles many times... Then they decide to declare war on me with their 200 soldiers left... I took their last city with my 1000 men... I was trying to help them and I "gave" them 2 castles for the last 3 hours....

I own ZERO city by the way. I was a mercenary to Kingdom of Sturgia

Screenshot as above. Suddenly declare with 5 factions all at once. Are you kidding me...

I'm tired of these devs that they once again made the game even more buggy...

If you’re complaining about main build bugs, I’m with you.

The entire point of the Beta branch is to fix as many issues as possible before goes live. You really need to opt out of the Beta of you are “tired” of having to report bugs

The entire point of the Beta branch is to fix as many issues as possible before goes live. You really need to opt out of the Beta of you are “tired” of having to report bugs

If I say it was main build then you will argue that it's "early access"... So meh

Screenshot as above. Suddenly declare with 5 factions all at once. Are you kidding me...

Other factions declared war on Sturgia isn't it or Sturgia did? I think Sturgia lost most of their vassals in a big battle and they weakened so other factions think that it is best time to conquer Sturgia settlements and they declared war. If you send me a save game before wars are declared I can examine situation.

These war-peace mechanics are currently one of the weakest system of game and they will be developed by time. It is not related to 1.3 updates. These mechanics did not changed since 1.0.0.

Thank you for taking time to discuss this. It is possible to avoid two factiongs going to war, making peace and going to war again in less than 2-3 days?

I do agree with caps are not a great solution but making some kind of truce after wars makes sense.

Other factions declared war on Sturgia isn't it or Sturgia did? I think Sturgia lost most of their vassals in a big battle and they weakened so other factions think that it is best time to conquer Sturgia settlements and they declared war. If you send me a save game before wars are declared I can examine situation.

These war-peace mechanics are currently one of the weakest system of game and they will be developed by time. It is not related to 1.3 updates. These mechanics did not changed since 1.0.0.

Before they declare the war, Sturgia is at peace with everyone, and holding all its original cities. Then all of a sudden they declare war 4 front ALL AT ONCE , and before it reminds me to take a screenshot, several 1000+ armies already appeared and most of the cities were taken

By the way, I think there really should be a mechanism that several weaker factions team up together to fight against a strong one. Otherwise the snowballing would get worse

The same thing happened in my game when I was a merc to Khuzait. They were only at war with 2 factions when I joint them as a merc, but shortly after I joint they were literally at with every factions on the map, and stayed that way for a long time. So I don't if there is a corelation between the player being a merc for a faction and it then becomes everyone's punching bag.

Yeah but it's not really a bug to report, making a topic to illustrate "Enemy war AI is still totally ****ed" is the best they can do and I thank you for doing so as a fellow beta player.

Alright here comes another - this time I'm not a merc to the green kingdom but I noticed some weird behavior on the map so I went and took a look - LOL!

The same thing happened in my game when I was a merc to Khuzait. They were only at war with 2 factions when I joint them as a merc, but shortly after I joint they were literally at with every factions on the map, and stayed that way for a long time. So I don't if there is a corelation between the player being a merc for a faction and it then becomes everyone's punching bag.

Please check out my previous respond - This time I was not a merc to the green kingdom when they declare all the war.

the war system to me appear completely randomized. if I save a game every now and then and reload each time I get a war declaration, it s always another faction that declare war, with random intervals. I m in the surgian kingdom? aserai can as easily declare war to me (forcing them to come all the way from the other side of the map, effectively starving their army before they can reach the north. and the peace declaration is no better! during a siege, I m destroying the walls to make the fight easier, "declaration of peace" cancel my siege. no option to contest it.

so I know it s not done yet, but as a workaround for all the diplomacy bits, is it possible to reduce severely the frequency of the war declaration/ peace declaration? right now I m just quicksaving all the time to make it bearable. since it s random, I can just reload and it pretty much set to zero the chance counter of being "declared" anything for the next random interval of time before a faction I don't care start again.

and it s not link to relation, the vlandian for instance were all friends, they declared war as often as the khuzait that enlisted all the lord that hate my guts in the map and the aserai that I never met yet. same for peace, -100 with the leader of battania, yeah lets make peace during one of my siege, because nothing says peace like getting your walls pummeled to dust by trebuchet.

Annoying, i get it. But what a attitude you have... they gave you early access, which is expected to have issues, they are active on the forums with great support and comms, lightning speed fixes and patches and that's the comment you have. Shame on you

Back
Top Bottom