Remove Conspiracy quest

Users who are viewing this thread

After completing the banner quest you start getting these updates for a quest but it never tells you anything about how to proceed or what to do. This quest is a complete waste of development time and as such should just be removed. If the devs want to make a quest why not build out the family quest that starts with the tutorial. That would be a quest to see.

There is a mod that extends the duration of it so that it stops expiring. It's just a quest branch that hasn't been developed yet because, well, early access. In time I'm sure it will be a somewhat enjoyable challenge to overcome depending on how the team decides to handle it.

Believe me, I want to be able to save our characters' little brother and sister as much as anyone. I feel no joy in spending in-game years conquering and making a name for myself, building the power of clan and army, with such a shadow hanging over our heads. The developers no doubt intended your family to be possible inheritors in case you perished before having any children of your own.

I think the biggest obstacle to completing the family questline is that the household system has yet to be worked out. Simply put, they don't have a place to put the children in the beginning or how to handle them going forward. I would be interested to see what becomes of your brother, since he starts off at level 22 with amazing stats across the board. Kinda makes you wonder what he was doing when you were muddling through the character backstory - he's 5 years younger than you but better at everything...

I agree, that the quest should be removed until they actually develop it. My longest campaign, where I created my own kingdom is extremely un-fun now, because I'm constantly at war with everyone else, and I often can't negotiate peace, and even when I can, another war starts in like 3 days. This is just not fun, and the quest is at fault for this, as after it reaches 2000/2000, it stops you from peacing out as normal.

I agree, that the quest should be removed until they actually develop it. My longest campaign, where I created my own kingdom is extremely un-fun now, because I'm constantly at war with everyone else, and I often can't negotiate peace, and even when I can, another war starts in like 3 days. This is just not fun, and the quest is at fault for this, as after it reaches 2000/2000, it stops you from peacing out as normal.

When I reached 1960 (one "tick" before reaching 2000), my game crashed and my save got corrputed. Unplayable now. Lucky you that you can still play on this save.

Agreed. This unfinished quest is really hurting people's gameplay. Why not remove it now, and add it back when it is down and working? A lot of key features are missing now, but this quest is there messing around. Hard to understand the rationale.

Yeah I don't really understand the point of putting an unfinished quest in, knowing it's unfinished, telling people it's bugged and unfinished, understanding it's ruining some people's games and then doing nothing at all about it?

I don't get it.

Last edited:
I don't see any reason for this quest to be in sandbox game. All it does - make player run around like headless chicken for first months and ruin kingdom development later.

For those who don't want to wait on TW for a fix

Upfront: I agree with OP and all the responses. The main quest should not have been included in the EA release in such a state...and frankly in my view, it's getting creating enough negativity that it ought to just be junked entirely, even for full release. Save the development time/effort for other more productive uses, TW...no one's gonna miss this thing.

That said...

I took the "join existing kingdom" route after completing the banner. While the Stop Conspiracy fail/re-activate nonsense still happens, upon reaching 2000 it doesn't seem too game-breaking. A couple of wars are generated which, depending on your faction's situation, could be hectic for a while. But it's not forever...the wars ended, and the usual cycle of war/peace settled back in (the wars are still way too frequent without enough peacetime breathing room in between, but that's a separate issue outside the specific scope of the main quest).

Am not saying "everything's fine, just join existing faction". Just pointing out that this option might cause less late-game problems than many are apparently experiencing with the independent kingdom route. At least within the realm of being tolerable given the game's EA state.

Has anyone tried ignoring the main quest entirely, not even bothering to talk to the 10 nobles in the first place? I haven't...it's a genuine question. Yeah I understand it would rule out own kingdom, but afaik it doesn't prevent becoming a faction vassal. With how messed up the main quest is, plus just the incomplete state of kingdom management and diplomacy in general, doesn't seem like one would be losing much right now by simply never completing Neretzes' Folly. Or does that cause something else wacky to happen?

Has anyone tried ignoring the main quest entirely, not even bothering to talk to the 10 nobles in the first place? I haven't...it's a genuine question. Yeah I understand it would rule out own kingdom, but afaik it doesn't prevent becoming a faction vassal. With how messed up the main quest is, plus just the incomplete state of kingdom management and diplomacy in general, doesn't seem like one would be losing much right now by simply never completing Neretzes' Folly. Or does that cause something else wacky to happen?

Pretty sure if you just ignore the whole quest it just expires after some time.

Back
Top Bottom