A piece of armor costing 600k...

Users who are viewing this thread

Best way to make money early game... is make 5k... marry someone with good armor... sell that armor.
Bam early game over.
Sigh.

My wife was the best investment I ever made. Cost me 4.6k... came with 500k worth of armor.

U complain bc u are poor, where i can find this armor?
Marry a noble. Their armor is worth anywhere from 200-600k. Maybe more in some cases I'm not sure. All you need is the 4-5k to barter for them.
4.5k for a set of armor that is 40-60 in all slots and sells for a TON lol.

Currently there are only 1 or 2 top tier armors you can find across all Calradia, whereas if you recruit from a notable with which you have good relations, you can hire 3-4 of those for 200 gold, all of the with 600k armor each, magically having the armor on them, when it is nowhere to be found in the towns.
This is a huge problem, MANY armor pieces are still nowhere to be found.
this.

I was eyeing the same armor for a while and its price got up even more. Before the last patch it was 600k or so denars but now it went up to 1100k . I could have bought it a while back if I weren't playing a pacifist charmer style character who sways other lords and ladies to their side (more than one occasion I gave 200k denars to persuade some lords).

I was eyeing the same armor for a while and its price got up even more. Before the last patch it was 600k or so denars but now it went up to 1100k . I could have bought it a while back if I weren't playing a pacifist charmer style character who sways other lords and ladies to their side (more than one occasion I gave 200k denars to persuade some lords).
I tried to play lika that. After going to the dark side they leaved kingdom in a few days.
But i even saw armor like this in shops.

I'm in the "it's fine camp"... I want hard to get end-game armor.. I'm sitting on 3 mil right now... and I havent really been intentionally power gaming at all

I have been looking for this armor for hours upon hours. I would buy it in an instant I got like 2 mill and nothing to spend it on. Only to find it though...

The idea of hunting for phat l3wtz MMORPG-style is so dumb. The prices on items need to correspond to troop prices in a somewhat reasonable sense or else the economy will be forever broken. Buying top tier items is not a money sink.

The idea of hunting for phat l3wtz MMORPG-style is so dumb. The prices on items need to correspond to troop prices in a somewhat reasonable sense or else the economy will be forever broken. Buying top tier items is not a money sink.
Why is it "so dumb"? You can spell it in any mocking way you like, but gear progression is important for a lot of people, so you need to have high end gear be hard to obtain.

Why is it "so dumb"? You can spell it in any mocking way you like, but gear progression is important for a lot of people, so you need to have high end gear be hard to obtain.

How is it hard? You play the game and amass millions. It breaks the economy. If your idea of fun is phat l3wtz then enjoy your single playthrough.

How is it hard? You play the game and amass millions. It breaks the economy. If your idea of fun is phat l3wtz then enjoy your single playthrough.
Because amassing a high amount of money is supposed to be a challenge? I'm surprised that's not obvious to you. My idea of fun is working towards a goal and growing in power... That's what is fun about a lot of games. And since this game is part strategy game party RPG, the RPG side means that gear progression is a huge part of the growing power I was talking about earlier.

Not sure what having 1 or more playthroughs has to do with anything.

Last edited:
Because amassing a high amount of money is supposed to be a challenge? I'm surprised that's not obvious to you. My idea of fun is working towards a goal and growing in power... That's what is fun about a lot of games. And since this game is part strategy game party RPG, the RPG side means that grear progression is a huge part of the growing power I was talking about earlier.

Not sure what having 1 or more playthroughs has to do with anything.

It's not a challenge and that's the issue. In fact, the very reason it's not hard is caused by the fact that your phat l3wtz cost 500K. You sell your ever-respawning slightly less-phat-l3wtz for 20K apiece until you have enough for your real phat l3wtz.

What 'growing power' do you get from having 2 extra armor on your body and 1 more on your arms? You're cool with a fundamentally broken economy caused by phat l3wt dropz as long as you get your 'RPG' playstyle. This isn't Skyrim.

Having more than one playthrough has to do with the fact that playing the same character and going around collecting overpriced phat l3wtz for eternity means you'll probably only have one playthrough since you'll realize it's boring and there's no reason to start a new game just to grind out the same phat l3wtz again.

It's not a challenge and that's the issue. In fact, the very reason it's not hard is caused by the fact that your phat l3wtz cost 500K. You sell your ever-respawning slightly less-phat-l3wtz for 20K apiece until you have enough for your real phat l3wtz.

What 'growing power' do you get from having 2 extra armor on your body and 1 more on your arms? You're cool with a fundamentally broken economy caused by phat l3wt dropz as long as you get your 'RPG' playstyle. This isn't Skyrim.
I agree that making money is currently too easy, but so far I've gotten rich in 3 playthroughs without doing anything related what you claim is breaking the economy... I just had a good amount of fiefs. Progression

Could you please explain to me why my "phat l3wt" being expensive destroys the economy in such a way that it can't easily be balanced?

Armor progression isn't where it needs to be, high end armor is far too weak compared to mid-tier armor right now. On top of that, armor value itself is also stupidly ineffective sadly, but those things will hopefully be fixed.

And no, this isn't skyrim, it's a different game with RPG mechanics, what's your point? Do you have any reason for being so thoroughly nasty and hostile?

It's honestly not too bad. I just finished a campaign (day 1900ish) with 18.5mil gold. 20-30k a day income and I stopped looting anything that wasn't food when I hit 10mil. Gold seriously snowballs in this game. When you can start taking out bigger and bigger armies, gold comes to you very quickly.

I don't know about money sink situation but getting a good armor via looting seems impossible as well. In Warband, one could get a semi decent armor by battling a few Sea Raiders but in Bannerlord there is no equivalent. I tried battling different bandit types as well as caravans but you don't get good armor by looting I guess. Beating lords doesn't guarantee a good armor loot is well. I wouldn't care much about the prices of armor, even though they are ridiculously high right now, if it was possible to gain it via other means such as looting after battle, tournament (there are no high tier armor or weapon prizes) etc. The current armor prices makes the companions useless in battle as well since you can't equip them with good armor and mid tier troops fair better than most of them.

I really really hope we don't get the game messed up by this mmo-inspired gear progression nonsense. There IS no mystical awesome endgame armour, there's just paying hundreds of thousands for the same stuff that a hundred of your high tier troops are already wearing. If they add mystical quality unobtanium armour then fine, it can cost more than a castle, but a player should never be wondering a week into their playthrough if they can restart as one of their hirelings who happens to have better gear and better skills than they do after 20 hours. M&B has always been a setting where that kickass endgame weapon is an army, not a sword.

Apple made a Calradia branch I see.
Specializing in armor.
Nah if apple made it the Lamellar would cost 400k and come with only 10 armor, then you have to purchase the Lamellar Skirt for an additional 200k to recieve the rest of the 48 armor and it would only be compatible with that specific armor.

woops forgot some zeros.... xD fixed

Back
Top Bottom