In Progress [e1.20] Pregnant without having husband in party

Users who are viewing this thread

My character just had a daughter and I created an army to have my character's husband join my party but got a notification that she was with child before my character's husband arrived.

Yeah, the whole "Spending time with your spouse" aspect seems to be broken. I had 2 children with my character's wife and was not with her in either circumstance. In both cases, I was traveling with the Western Empire army in the Battanian lands and got the indication of my wife being pregnant while she was holding in Husn Fulq.

From my observations you only have to visit your spouse in a settlement once. If you don't visit them after birth they don't get pregnant. Or skip time until 36 the rate seems to slow down.

From my observations you only have to visit your spouse in a settlement once. If you don't visit them after birth they don't get pregnant. Or skip time until 36 the rate seems to slow down.
Unfortunately, my character's wife is still having babies at 40+ and I've seen reports on these forums that people are still having children in their 50's.

I was actually informed last night that it's coded so women can get pregnant between 18 and 45. So at 46 she can come out of the castle.

Hah thanks for the tip :grin:. I just started to assume that the developers took it as a design choice to fast forward time, since births happened in about 30 game days, except aging still happened yearly. There's a mod "Grow up and Work" which makes children grow older every 25 days, at least that way they're useful sooner, and in sync with the current mechanic.

Hah thanks for the tip :grin:. I just started to assume that the developers took it as a design choice to fast forward time, since births happened in about 30 game days, except aging still happened yearly. There's a mod "Grow up and Work" which makes children grow older every 25 days, at least that way they're useful sooner, and in sync with the current mechanic.
Really, I think it should go the other way. Pregnancy should be changed to last 75 days... Roughly 9 months equivalent. And there should be a 25 day cooldown before the female character can get pregnant again... Limiting births to once per year.

I never took wife to my party yet my 9th child is incoming :roll:
You must be resting in the same settlement she's in. If she's in the keep and you rest there, that's the risk you take. You basically have to get a fief in the middle of nowhere and stick her there with the kids until she's 46. Then she can come out to play. :grin:

You must be resting in the same settlement she's in. If she's in the keep and you rest there, that's the risk you take. You basically have to get a fief in the middle of nowhere and stick her there with the kids until she's 46. Then she can come out to play. :grin:

Well sorry for breaking this up to you but it's not the case. Your wife might be stuck in the dungeon the whole game while you do the conquer and never even come to visit her yet she still gets pregnant. It's an ingame bug and you can do nothing to stop it.

Well sorry for breaking this up to you but it's not the case. Your wife might be stuck in the dungeon the whole game while you do the conquer and never even come to visit her yet she still gets pregnant. It's an ingame bug and you can do nothing to stop it.

Not quite. I had the same impression, but pregnancy did not occur for 3-4 years while I was doing my own thing war after war. It also occurs just after marriage. Otherwise you have to be in the same settlement, maybe you take the word visit literally, all you have to do is enter the town/castle once.

There was this funny thread on Steam where a person had 100's if not 1000's of children this way, considering they were possibly the only one with such an extreme case and was leaving their game on for multiple hours while resting in the town, it just gives me the impression they left it where their spouse was located.

Well, in my now 210 hours played across 2 campaigns, I have yet to have that happen. In my latest game, as soon as I stuck her in the castle and never came to visit, she stopped having children.

Really, I think it should go the other way. Pregnancy should be changed to last 75 days... Roughly 9 months equivalent. And there should be a 25 day cooldown before the female character can get pregnant again... Limiting births to once per year.
I just discovered a very neat thing, you can tweak every one of those settings in the mod menu for the mod grow up and work. Pregnancy chance, childbirth death, aging, npc child aging, fertility age etc.

I just discovered a very neat thing, you can tweak every one of those settings in the mod menu for the mod grow up and work. Pregnancy chance, childbirth death, aging, npc child aging, fertility age etc.
Cool, now they just need to put all of that into the Campaign Options menu and we'll be golden. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom