High level prisoners (named Nobles) are randomly escaping my party

Users who are viewing this thread

Whiskey Sour

Recruit
Hello, I was wondering if this is intentional. They will randomly escape or disappear from my party without me ransoming them. I am not over my prisoner limit.

Well in warband, captured lords all have a random chance of escaping captivity. The default was like 20% each every 72 hours or something. This gets reduced by skills and if they are in castles, but is never 0. And it applies to lords captured by AI also. In fact, I was probably necessary for the AI otherwise most lords will just end up in the dungeons after a while. I believe it was also necessary so the player character can escape captivity too.
So I imagine it to be the same in Bannerlord.

I had half the khuzaits lords (including the khan) in my party as prisoners or in my dungeon and they still wouldn’t peace because they would escape one by one

I might be wrong but I think you also lose honor when you execute a lord, so you'll have somethig like: Devious (-1 Honor) in your character traits. At least that's what happened to me when I executed a lord.

Well in warband, captured lords all have a random chance of escaping captivity. The default was like 20% each every 72 hours or something. This gets reduced by skills and if they are in castles, but is never 0. And it applies to lords captured by AI also. In fact, I was probably necessary for the AI otherwise most lords will just end up in the dungeons after a while. I believe it was also necessary so the player character can escape captivity too.
So I imagine it to be the same in Bannerlord.
Might be bugged. The escape rate seems way higher than just 20% over 3 days... Every single one of the last 6 lords i've captured has escaped within a couple of days. Didn't happen before the most recent patch.

their family and friends get a -25 opinion of you and their enemies + some amount
not too bad if you ask me
Its much worse if the lord you executed is leader of the faction i got -99 relations with monchugs family and friends.

I captured two lords and after literally a few hours they were gone.

Does anyone examined why lords keeps escaping so often, please? I wonder if it’s bug or game mechanics (i.e. it’s bounded to some skill etc.).

Last edited:
It's a quick and dirty fix to snowballing. When they figure out other solutions to snowballing factions they'll probably ease up a bit.

One of the big ones should be to allow lords to disengage from the fight when they're at a clear disadvantage. I don't see a lot of lords breaking off the fight and making a run for it, and that was a common feature in Warband, and one of the reasons the Khergits were able to stick around is how good they were at living to fight another day.

After a while, click on the prisoner and the option will open to talk to him and tell him that he is not trying to escape. Works for me and not a single prisoner has escaped me so far, and I dragged some for days. Hope it helps someone

After a while, click on the prisoner and the option will open to talk to him and tell him that he is not trying to escape. Works for me and not a single prisoner has escaped me so far, and I dragged some for days. Hope it helps someone
Thanks. But I think you’re just lucky, I don’t really think that it has impact. At least in Warband it had not.

But I must admit that since I was complaining here, no lord has escaped from my captivity. :grin:

EDIT: Probably because I sell them immediately in the nearest tavern everytime.

If you want to overrun the enemy faction fast and easy, start executing all captured lords and wipe out their entire clans. Selling the ****ers is not worth it, you get more gold from the victory and loot, way more gold.

If you want to overrun the enemy faction fast and easy, start executing all captured lords and wipe out their entire clans. Selling the ****ers is not worth it, you get more gold from the victory and loot, way more gold.
You’re definitely right. But I don’t sell them for money. I sell them, because it’s in fact the only thing besides execution that makes sense. I’m used to play long runs in M&B, so I don’t really need executions (and I don’t want negative traits).

my god, i'm going crazy, these piece of craps keep escaping from me, last night captured 20 lord of northern empire, and 3 of them escaped just in about 2 seconds! haven's any fix came yet??? i'm getting mad of this stupid bug. and my money is 310K, so i dont intend to sell them, just wanna keep them in dungeon.

Back
Top Bottom