The Knights Of Vlandia

Users who are viewing this thread

So because you can't determine the map or factions, makes all your matches null and void?

You're all still stuck in the past, quoting and relying on things you knew, rather than embracing what is now.

Step up.
If people beat a clan on a pub battle server in Warband thats an official match? It's not and its the same in Bannerlord right now.

I find it odd that knowing this, your band of oldies still chooses to segregate themselves from us just because you simply played the game in a different format. It doesn't make you better, or bigger, or any more remebered.

Mount & Blade has never been a real E-Sport. If what you claim is true about Bannerlord; The pride you carry is just as false as the pride we carry....and you look ridiculous throwing it around.

You cant read. We all played WPL2 in the same format. Thats the point of a tournament.

Warband comp players aren't trying to segregate. There's a thread which publicly invites ANYONE who wants to do competitive pickups to play

I appreciate you coming in with some neutrality Perci- but in that statement alone- "Competitive pickups"; if you decide to band up with a static 6 and get "competitive"; where does it say anywhere that people can't post about their victories in competition?

The main issue here is everyone's determination of what "official" and "competition" is- and how quickly people will proceed to erase credit where it was due simply because it wasn't "earned" on their personal standard scale of what is official, and what is actually a win.

You cant read. We all played WPL2 in the same format. Thats the point of a tournament.

This isn't Warband, or NW; and no one but the participants of WPL actually care about WPL. Leave it in the past, and embrace what is today.

No one is going to have on their tombstone "Played in the WPL. May have won the WPL. Now has all provisions to determine what is and isn't official in any future M&B title."

Please.

Either bring 6 players to the table- organize a scrim with us, or go wait out customs.

Last edited:
I think ebs right about format. Facs are unbalanced rn and we really need to swap sides for it to be completely fair

I appreciate you coming in with some neutrality Perci- but in that statement alone- "Competitive pickups"; if you decide to band up with a static 6 and get "competitive"; where does it say anywhere that people can't post about their victories in competition?

The main issue here is everyone's determination of what "official" and "competition" is- and how quickly people will proceed to erase credit where it was due simply because it wasn't "earned" on their personal standard scale of what is official, and what is actually a win.

This isn't Warband, or NW; and no one but the participants of WPL actually care about WPL. Leave it in the past, and embrace what is today.

No one is going to have on their tombstone "Played in the WPL. May have won the WPL. Now has all provisions to determine what is and isn't official in any future M&B title."

Please.
Despite being a bunch of odd people trying to segregate themselves from the community your group is still more than welcome at any of my events. You just gotta check that attitude. Your leader started this by obnoxiously claiming your team is the second coming of Christ. Some of the players speaking to you are the most accomplished in NA and known for being nice. You’ve managed to annoy more people than any other group.

Why don’t you come to an event and interact with people instead of just claiming you’re the best of the best. And yes pickups are very much a joke competition wise. We do them for fun and have been for years.

Roberta has done a great job in bannerlord of making art party’s a lot more noob friendly, which is great. Really warband comp community is trying to get away form elitism

I guess I am best Warband player in NA then. I have the best K/D on the competitive server US_GK_TDM, a server where each map is official according to your definition of competition; I guess that makes me the greatest competitive player of Warband.

Any game you try to win can be considered competitive, but official will only be recognized if the community at large agrees on whats official.

z00t before you respond to this as "REEEE THE DINOSAURS ARE STUCK IN THEIR WAYS AND WONT LET ME WIN" its just how competition has always worked. You can't brand preseason games as how good your team did this season, and you certainly do not win the Lombardi trophy in the preseason. Its not us holding our old ways over you, but your clan can't come in and try to change the rules of organized competition just so you can be #1. There is no reason for us to recognize that and in order for there to be a winner there does have to be a mutually decided reason a team becomes the best.

Why don’t you come to an event and interact with people instead of just claiming you’re the best of the best. And yes pickups are very much a joke competition wise. We do them for fun and have been for years.

I do want to thank you personally for maintaining the position you've taken when coming into the thread, and hopefully after all is said and done that invitation remains open. There's a difference between doing pickups amongst ourselves in a organized event for fun- and when people come into our TS; challenge us directly our best vs their best- and the results speak for themselves.

This is a Bannerlord subforum. While some have chosen to abstain from "lowering themselves" in their eyes to working with what we have rather than being entitled and demanding the same format as the days of ol', we've been persecuted more for the fact that we're able to accept change and press forward with competition with or without the tools in place. We make the best of a **** situation, and look for good competition. Yeah- people talk trash in games; but the people who have actually scrimmed us in organized fashion will more often than not tell you that we present a good match, and positive environment.

Due to the fact most "veterans" look down on the current format, you've excluded yourselves from the "Best of NA" in BANNERLORD. Accomplishments of the past are just that; in the past, and more inadmissible than the claims we make today. You may have been the best at one point, for years and years. You may have won tournaments you saw as official and gratifying- but they hold no weight here in BL except for the history lesson. You've been around. I can respect that; but I can't respect the constant belittling of other peoples success simply because it's not in a format of your liking.

We don't shy from challenges- and we welcome anyone to put their sword where their mouth is. I can't speak for my entire clan, nor will I sit here and justify every post they have made in this thread defending themselves or calling people out. That's part of the game. That's part of any game.

While we may come off as arrogant; the veterans of this community and forum come off as old, antiquated, set in their ways, and staving off those ways from being obsolete. We don't know when things will change for Bannerlord, so why grasp at straws that may not even pan out for some time? We're here today; playing today; winning today. I'm honestly just tired of hearing dead-horse war stories from another game that really have no substance in the arguments being taken place here. History doesn't make you right, it just makes you stuck in the past.

I'm really not here to start a war with the raccoon lodge of M&B; but maybe perhaps you take a look at yourselves and see how silly this is. If we're the ones pushing the bar for competition- in any format- and people are joining us; regardless of outcome; let us have it. Get over it; and just let us have it. Does it really hurt you? Or does it hurt that you refuse to play seriously as the game is currently being played, and all you can do is talk because you're too good/big for competition in it's current form?

When you're ready- no one is stopping you from coming back for the belts you felt you once/still have.

If anyone has abandoned Mount & Blade- it's you guys and your entitlement. Just play- fight, be competitive. You treat the game like it's a joke- it will stay a joke. We can only promote change by actively playing- continuing to submit balance tweaks/bugs/etc. We don't discover those things without continuing to play- and there's no reason for the bigotry being displayed.

Last edited:
This is entire thread is currently the UNDISPUTED

2plj3k.jpg

Bravo to salty warband vets!

Holy **** there aren't even private servers to run official scrims on and we're already having this drama. My god I love this games community you guys are the most toxic ****s I've ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom