What the F happened with this patch?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey. I get nerfing Caravans. But now there is no reason to get them. I have to retire/kick both my spice traders because now they have a max of 30 men and you patched it though bandits will attack if they have an advantage, So you always loose it seems like. And you buffed the cost of a caravan to 18k gold. So... it takes a week to make money from caravans and they probably were dying in about 2 weeks. You don't even make Half you money back!

Needless to say, I now have to completely nutter my army otherwise I will eventually go broke. Sad times.

It seems anything which gives you passive income, is going to be hit by nerf after nerf, until you stop using it. I genuinely have no idea where TaleWorlds are going with this, given that they've got far more pressing issues than player income!

Hey. I get nerfing Caravans. But now there is no reason to get them. I have to retire/kick both my spice traders because now they have a max of 30 men and you patched it though bandits will attack if they have an advantage, So you always loose it seems like. And you buffed the cost of a caravan to 18k gold. So... it takes a week to make money from caravans and they probably were dying in about 2 weeks. You don't even make Half you money back!

Needless to say, I now have to completely nutter my army otherwise I will eventually go broke. Sad times.
Same here , having to decimate all garrisons and take caravan commanders in as cavalry..workshop money down too.
Really feeling my three fiefs are a burden now and could do with losing my two castles and keeping the town...*sighs*

It seems anything which gives you passive income, is going to be hit by nerf after nerf, until you stop using it. I genuinely have no idea where TaleWorlds are going with this, given that they've got far more pressing issues than player income!
I think they are trying to reign in player money snowballing.

I used caravans alot, atleast 2 at a time, and each one made me 1.5k+ income after their first week.It made it WAY to easy to gain money. i had so much i had no idea what to do with it all besides dump it into towns to speed up buildings.while im upset they made them easy to attack. I think a nerf is needed .. just not so much of a heavy handed one, make caravans earn less or have more upkeep. but not make it easier for bandits and armies to attack them

I used caravans alot, atleast 2 at a time, and each one made me 1.5k+ income after their first week.It made it WAY to easy to gain money. i had so much i had no idea what to do with it all besides dump it into towns to speed up buildings.while im upset they made them easy to attack. I think a nerf is needed .. just not so much of a heavy handed one, make caravans earn less or have more upkeep. but not make it easier for bandits and armies to attack them

While I agree that we end up too much money and nothing to do with it late-gate, my experience has been that looting enemy lord armies - not passive income - is the main factor in snowballing my player gold. So I don't think the nerfs are going to the right places.

I have the opposite opinion, I like that they made bandits attack them more but I think they need to earn more or have less upkeep to make up for losses.

While I agree that we end up too much money and nothing to do with it late-gate, my experience has been that looting enemy lord armies - not passive income - is the main factor in snowballing my player gold. So I don't think the nerfs are going to the right places.
Definitely, caravans were possibly a bit too powerful but we’re still one of the only sources of money early on. Now that they’re gone it makes getting to the point where you can fight enemy lords so much harder. The result is that you spend more time barely making ends meet only to suddenly snowball into having infinite money as soon as you beat your very first lord.

All I want to see in the patch notes every day is more game aside from killing and looting. All I see is nerfs to anything but killing and looting. Surely there are better uses for dev time right now than implementing changes no one wants, like maybe basic diplomacy for player kingdoms.

U get like 15k per fight against a lord enemy, with 1 caravan and 2 workshops u are able to sustain your armies 90+- plus a garrison of 150 men i think is balance enough. At late game you have so much money that is impossible to spend

U get like 15k per fight against a lord enemy, with 1 caravan and 2 workshops u are able to sustain your armies 90+- plus a garrison of 150 men i think is balance enough. At late game you have so much money that is impossible to spend
That's from fighting lords though. Caravans didn't really matter once you were about 400 days in since all you do at that point is kill lords to make 10-20k a pop, hell by then half the time you can amass an army and take entire cities with relative ease. What this nerf does is just make it harder to progress in the early game which is not what was needed. They were a good method to lift yourself up to the point at which you possibly could take on other lords, not the problem in and of themselves. The result of this patch is that now it's just that much harder to, let's be honest, get to the part of the game that most people actually find fun... and for those who dislike the late game it's even worse because it destroys one of the only viable things to do outside of just killing lords.

Upfront: I think you're right. Not arguing that point.

But to take it a step further...the question becomes why do they want to curtail player income?

I think we all can readily see that it's pretty easy to make money in BL, at least beyond the very earliest stage. But so what? I haven't felt that made it too easy to gear up self/companions or build up a powerful party. HIgh-end gear (especially body armor) is limited primarily by scarcity rather than price. It's pretty easy to find and buy "good" gear (if needed at all; much of it comes from loot/tourneys anyway), but rare to find "great" gear, whether affordable or not. Sure, I eventually get there, but it still takes time. Likewise, money-wise I can easily afford a full party of 100+ Banner Knights and/or Fian Champions supported with, say, Vland Sergeants and Imp Legionaries, but that likewise takes a long time to recruit/promote; recruitment costs & wages aren't the primary barrier here either. Finally, the biggest issues in standing up a viable fief don't have to do with money, but rather the time it takes to build up walls/improvements (even if cash-boosted) & militia, and coming up with enough troops to man a decent garrison without gutting own party.

So, okay, it's "too" easy to make money...but money isn't the limiting factor in most of the goals a player pursues anyway. Just feels like they're trying to fix a "problem" that isn't really much of a problem in the first place...at least in the current state of the game.

Yeah, my first impression playing Bannerlord is that they really want the progression to be slow. IMO the pace of lvling anything got shot down leagues compared to warband. Get a headshot on horseback going full gallop over 50 meters away - no skill point lvl up is an example i get annoyed at seeing despite having full focus points into archery with a 11x lvling rate.

I made a post on this particularly focusing on workshops as well. Theres a point between a waste of money - paying upkeep - profiting and so far everything is being made into trash where your money is better invested in just upgrading troops and starting the war economy instead of anything else, workshops/caravans.

I have the opposite opinion, I like that they made bandits attack them more but I think they need to earn more or have less upkeep to make up for losses.
I mean if there were not being attacked by bandits it would be a better option, but with them not being attacked, i agree that they should earn more or cost less.
I mean it does at that. I get so much from fighting lords, seiges.. on the whole earning money once you can fight lords is too easy. i think there needs to be more ways to spend money, or things need to cost more.. hey quick idea, paying * tithes * to the ruler of the faction but then you hit the same issue when you have your own kingdome. it seems hard to balance i guess..
Definitely, caravans were possibly a bit too powerful but we’re still one of the only sources of money early on. Now that they’re gone it makes getting to the point where you can fight enemy lords so much harder. The result is that you spend more time barely making ends meet only to suddenly snowball into having infinite money as soon as you beat your very first lord.
Another point i agree with. but agian im not a game developer so i wouldnt know where to begin balancing this ****

But to take it a step further...the question becomes why do they want to curtail player income?

I think we all can readily see that it's pretty easy to make money in BL, at least beyond the very earliest stage. But so what? I haven't felt that made it too easy to gear up self/companions or build up a powerful party. HIgh-end gear (especially body armor) is limited primarily by scarcity rather than price. It's pretty easy to find and buy "good" gear (if needed at all; much of it comes from loot/tourneys anyway), but rare to find "great" gear, whether affordable or not. Sure, I eventually get there, but it still takes time. Likewise, money-wise I can easily afford a full party of 100+ Banner Knights and/or Fian Champions supported with, say, Vland Sergeants and Imp Legionaries, but that likewise takes a long time to recruit/promote; recruitment costs & wages aren't the primary barrier here either. Finally, the biggest issues in standing up a viable fief don't have to do with money, but rather the time it takes to build up walls/improvements (even if cash-boosted) & militia, and coming up with enough troops to man a decent garrison without gutting own party.

So, okay, it's "too" easy to make money...but money isn't the limiting factor in most of the goals a player pursues anyway. Just feels like they're trying to fix a "problem" that isn't really much of a problem in the first place...at least in the current state of the game.
You make a really really good point, and i agree the too much money thing is kinnda a small issue .. just wish there were more things we could do with it.. ik mean, sending * gifts* to lords your allied or neutral to would be good, granted on a side note, hiring merc groups can make your money drop FAST, almost forgot about it but one of the runs i quit i managed to take the area around omor and hired like, 4 merc groups. my cash was drying up fast and it was just a damn mess.

Killing bandit parties now also gains only a cheap loot, even if you had a hard battle with strong enemies there will be only 5 scarves and one cavalry boots as a reward, lol.

The problem is not how much loot killing lords gives; it SHOULD be rewarding to defeat a lords party. The problem is how easy it is to beat them, since their armies are always 60% recruits lol.

The problem is not how much loot killing lords gives; it SHOULD be rewarding to defeat a lords party. The problem is how easy it is to beat them, since their armies are always 60% recruits lol.
yeah ive noticed that, Mostly cuase when you find them they are recruiting becuase they recently got their backsides beaten or won a fight nad lost alot . If you find a lord at full strength its not a easy fight.. ( well can be depending on your tactics fto fight

This is a really good point. I remember a campaign where I was sitting on 1m+ denars, but the barrier to maintaining an elite party was more so finding noble recruits and promoting them rather than the costs. The "too much money lategame" problem is much more from the lack of finding anything to spend it on.

This is a really good point. I remember a campaign where I was sitting on 1m+ denars, but the barrier to maintaining an elite party was more so finding noble recruits and promoting them rather than the costs. The "too much money lategame" problem is much more from the lack of finding anything to spend it on.
Exactly what i said XD, They need to give us more ways to spend it ... maybe by allowing us to make hide outs with high rougery skills or a outpost with high engineering ?

Back
Top Bottom