Resolved Companion with no Attributes or Skills

Users who are viewing this thread

Alchyla the Black in my game, as the thread title says has 0 in all Attributes, and 0 in all skills. She sure wanted 792 denars to hire her though. Pretty sure she's not worth the money. :razz:

I'm not sure if companions are pre-set characters or not at this point (when I see so many "the Black"s, "the Shieldmaiden"s, "the Wronged"s, etc., it feels a lot like it's randomly generating characters and assigning names), but something pretty unfortunate happened with Alchyla.

In case it matters or helps, I found her hanging around Charas. She's listed as Empire culture, age 22, occupation Wanderer. Generous and Daring for traits. And the best part - she's Level 1, currently at SP -210/5 (yes, negative 210). That's a lot of needed skill points for her to level up to Level 2. :smile:

Hello,

I can give a bit more info about the issue.
I also encountered such a companion after the 'missing daughter quest'. She was the daughter and after i returned her back i thought i could buy her and form her as i'd like and need her.
But unfortunately i had no chance because as stated above, she has a skill of -204/5 to get to level 2 and has 0 attribute and focuspoints. Somehow she get magically 6 points by following me :grin:. But that wont be enought to get to the next level. The problem is, that without any attribute or focuspoints, she will be unable to get level points and therefore is completly useless.
After that i paid attention and the same thing happend when i did the same quest again.

To solve the problem, she should get 1 attribute point in every categorie (the main caracter gets 2 attribute points in every categorie when we create him) and 2 free skillpoints after finishing the quest, because i like the idea of a companion that i can level from the begining. Also it would make sense, beacuse she is 18 and hasn't specialized like older companions. When completing the quest you have the option to tell the father, that she will stay with you, which will not make any sense if you cannot use her. But in regards to my solution her price should rise up, beacuse you get around 1500 for completing the quest and then can buy her for 700 denars, which wont make sense eather. Gues 2000-2500 for a companion that u can form as you need him is a fair price or u choose the option to keep her in your party, for a relation loss.

Hello,

I can give a bit more info about the issue.
I also encountered such a companion after the 'missing daughter quest'. She was the daughter and after i returned her back i thought i could buy her and form her as i'd like and need her.
But unfortunately i had no chance because as stated above, she has a skill of -204/5 to get to level 2 and has 0 attribute and focuspoints. Somehow she get magically 6 points by following me :grin:. But that wont be enought to get to the next level. The problem is, that without any attribute or focuspoints, she will be unable to get level points and therefore is completly useless.
After that i paid attention and the same thing happend when i did the same quest again.

To solve the problem, she should get 1 attribute point in every categorie (the main caracter gets 2 attribute points in every categorie when we create him) and 2 free skillpoints after finishing the quest, because i like the idea of a companion that i can level from the begining. Also it would make sense, beacuse she is 18 and hasn't specialized like older companions. When completing the quest you have the option to tell the father, that she will stay with you, which will not make any sense if you cannot use her. But in regards to my solution her price should rise up, beacuse you get around 1500 for completing the quest and then can buy her for 700 denars, which wont make sense eather. Gues 2000-2500 for a companion that u can form as you need him is a fair price or u choose the option to keep her in your party, for a relation loss.
I think this fair price for companion without any skill but yes i agree they are need make this type of companion with 1lvl and with 0sp on start, no -204.
When i take wife Bolat she have -84sp at 1 lvl, bad start but after some battles (20h) she lvl up. I pay for her 20k. I forgot about she can get double xp because she stuck in my party and same time she can lead another party without leaving my party. Of couse i can transfer troops and prisoners any time with her. In the end she have good battle stats (weapons, riding and athletics).
I make video and post report but there link (so you can see it):
Part 1 You can see her stats
Part 2 on world map

Back
Top Bottom