What am I doing wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Relnak

Recruit
I started out with a quest to talk to 10 NPC's and tbh just kinda got bored looking for them and started massacring bandits and trading. I can now retain 120 soldiers and I've captured 3 cities and 2 castles. The cities have huge armies in them and the only way I can bring a bit enough army to take over them is to massive over recruit which means most of my soldiers just desert. I have to bring about 400 troops to a city to invade it with roughly half that number when the seige finishes. Rams seem to work, balista and catapults explode almost as soon as they're built and seige towers dont appear to spawn on the map. My troops use rams to batter down the game, run into the killing zone inside and die trying to break down the 2nd gate with their bare hands. The nearest city to my cities now is so far its just painful killing the same NPC's over and over only to have them almost instantly respawn with a massive army and come harass me again.

Does killing an NPC permanently remove them from the game? If I kill all the enemy lords would they stop insta respawning? Honestly, the game is just getting exhausting this way. Is there a better way?

You can use catapults and trebuchets effectively. First let them get built. As soon as they are built. pause the game, Click them and move to reserve. Then once you have built 4 of them. Place them all at once, They will lose all their engines and you might be able to take down the walls.

And as for lords, You can execute them if u like. They won't show up afterwards.

And if you want to have more units, Have your companion lead parties and let them follow you with the kingdom tool. That is if you have your own kingdom or joined someone.

And the best way to siege for me, Without losing my whole army. Is to only build a battering ram. Put ALL of my units right beside the gate. Like under the walls. then we wait till the battering ram arrives. After that, the second gate. Put 1 squad inside to break it. Then as soon as it's down. F1-F3. They won't know what hit them. Won a lot of sieges being outnumbered this way.

Edit: Because most of the archers can't Shoot us being under the walls.

I started out with a quest to talk to 10 NPC's and tbh just kinda got bored looking for them and started massacring bandits and trading. I can now retain 120 soldiers and I've captured 3 cities and 2 castles. The cities have huge armies in them and the only way I can bring a bit enough army to take over them is to massive over recruit which means most of my soldiers just desert. I have to bring about 400 troops to a city to invade it with roughly half that number when the seige finishes. Rams seem to work, balista and catapults explode almost as soon as they're built and seige towers dont appear to spawn on the map. My troops use rams to batter down the game, run into the killing zone inside and die trying to break down the 2nd gate with their bare hands. The nearest city to my cities now is so far its just painful killing the same NPC's over and over only to have them almost instantly respawn with a massive army and come harass me again.

Does killing an NPC permanently remove them from the game? If I kill all the enemy lords would they stop insta respawning? Honestly, the game is just getting exhausting this way. Is there a better way?
Okay I get what you're saying!
First to address the question about killing NPC's. Once capturing a noble or let's say king they will be one of your . The only current way to stop them from bothering you is to execute them. If you go to your party, down to prisoners, and you will see a red button next to the noble where you can execute them. This has a good side of them not respawning. The bad sides are very bad ( -100 ) relation to his clan members and family and a bad relation to the faction too!
Now to your question of how to get bigger armies! Let's start of if you're in a faction. After joining/creating a faction, you are granted access to the kingdom button. In the kingdom management tab you will see the '' armies '' subtab. In there you will see the armies of your faction ( armies are just many different parties that have gathered together, and they have a limited time of about ten to twenty days of staying together ). You will see the button create an army after pressing that you can invite other parties of the faction to join you. After selecting your friends, you will see them in the bottom right! If they're grayed out that means they're still arriving, hovering over their icon will tell you in how many hours/days they will arrive.
By what it seems you're taking the route of creating your own kingdom. I haven't tried this so I don't know how you can get other nobles to join you, maybe like when in other factions you can negotiate about their royalty trying to speak them into your kingdom. The other way would be being that you are probably tier four, recruit 7 companions and create them their parties! This will lead to them creating their bigger parties and you can call up an army with them!
I hope this helped with your question!

I can't edit my text because it keep's crashing anyways just in the first sentance '' will be one of your PRISONERS ''

So, ideally you should execute prisoners and they'll stop sending armies at you? How do I split my companions to create new armies?

So, ideally you should execute prisoners and they'll stop sending armies at you? How do I split my companions to create new armies?
Press L key (or go to clan menu) then go to Parties and there you can click Create Party or something similar if you have free party slots (need to be clan rank 2 at least)

You go to clan menu, in there you have make new party option, you can make three I think with your clan tier. You press new party and select a companion. You don't need to give him troops as he will find new ones for himself!

I've made some parties but can you get them to come and lay siege to a city with you? Now all I have is an autonomous army that wanders off on their own.

I've made some parties but can you get them to come and lay siege to a city with you? Now all I have is an autonomous army that wanders off on their own.
If you are in a faction or have your own faction, in the faction tab, you can summon them as an army force that joins you. Unlike the parties of other lords, these parties that are made by your companions, do not cost influence to summon to you.

Also, I am doing the "Create an Imperial faction" question now and it wants me to own an imperial settlement. I own about 4 cities and 3 castles and its still not ticked. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Also, I am doing the "Create an Imperial faction" question now and it wants me to own an imperial settlement. I own about 4 cities and 3 castles and its still not ticked. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
are any of the places of imperial culture, aka, did the empire own them at the start of the game.

I already told you this!
Not really. I worked out how to make a party, they dont help me with seiges though. They just wander off. I'm more concerned my game is bugged. It wants me to own an imperial city and I've already conquered 7.

Not really. I worked out how to make a party, they dont help me with seiges though. They just wander off. I'm more concerned my game is bugged. It wants me to own an imperial city and I've already conquered 7.
I told you that too. When making an army you select your parties. After that you have a tab that runs out and that is how long the party will stick to you! Its on the bottom right above your army. The speed of the timer runs based by the size of your army and how much food they have.

That's a pain. There are only 2 empires left and they're huge. Is there a way to bypass this requirement without picking a fight with a super power or becoming their vassal? I have a party with a companion but obviously cannot form armies as I have not completed this quest. The last imperial town has around 500 defenders.

That's a pain. There are only 2 empires left and they're huge. Is there a way to bypass this requirement without picking a fight with a super power or becoming their vassal? I have a party with a companion but obviously cannot form armies as I have not completed this quest. The last imperial town has around 500 defenders.
you misunderstand, if there are only two empires left, UNLESS those two empires are the only ones to hold the third empires old settlements, then there will be other factions holding that empires former settlements, take one of those then, if they are weaker.

Back
Top Bottom