Resolved Extreme stuttering and lag spikes

Users who are viewing this thread

Tsarobomba

Recruit
When in battles, even of only 2, I have experienced severe stuttering and lag issues that typically occur only at specific instances, including drawing a weapon, turning a horse, swinging a weapon, hitting/killing an enemy, and getting hit/killed. These issues occur no matter what graphics settings I have, I have tested it on both the lowest and highest settings with no notable difference.

Specs:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Intel Core i5-8300H CPU, 2.30Ghz
8gb RAM

It's not your pc mate, it seems to be a memory hog issue this game has, but the devs are aware and trying to fix it.

It's not your pc mate, it seems to be a memory hog issue this game has, but the devs are aware and trying to fix it.
As problemsolver said. 8 GB ram is simply not enough right now, but once this issue is fixed you should be good with 8 GB.
Only thing you can do is trying to close as many unused applications as possible, browser, spotify, discord etc.. there's even some tricks to make steam use less RAM, here's a guide that goes more into depth how you can do to try and make it work: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2042163413

Does your game stutter in campaign and in custom battles? I found that I can run 250*250 custom battles with no stuttering but as soon as I engage 10 looters in a campaign I get a stutter every few (10-20) seconds.

Maybe the campaign blocks more ram because it keeps the map etc. loaded or maybe it is some kind of campaign specific stuff like the level system that blocks stuff... ?‍♂️

Does your game stutter in campaign and in custom battles? I found that I can run 250*250 custom battles with no stuttering but as soon as I engage 10 looters in a campaign I get a stutter every few (10-20) seconds.

Maybe the campaign blocks more ram because it keeps the map etc. loaded or maybe it is some kind of campaign specific stuff like the level system that blocks stuff... ?‍♂️
It does in custom battles as well, though it is somewhat more intense in campaign.

Same issue for me. 200v200 custom battles run fine, but if I take on 5 looters on my own in campaign the lag is basically unplayable.
I have similar specs as op but with a GTX 1060.

@Murat Türe From my Discord post:
Good job with optimization. Now I can finally set my texture budget to high and use all my VRAM. Previously, I had to use Medium for optimal performance, which amounted to 1600 out of 2000Mbs available on my card. Trees impact the FPS less too, which means that my battles run almost butter-smooth. Loading times are moderately improved - I've seen better loading times in the beta, but I think you're still working on it.

Light particles are still very demanding, which makes interior scenes, such as taverns, keep and dungeons unbearable for performance.

There is also one tree type which is very demanding in particular. The other trees feel more optimized.
The FPS goes noticeably down when I look at these:
UGvbv.png

Hi, we have enabled our first beta branch which has many improvements regarding performance. Can you check those and give your feedback? Thanks in advance.
The game has some stuttering issues...when i hit someone there is microstutter when i shoot someone there is microstutter but fps is 60 its just that microsttuter happening for brief moment which creates problem..when all are dead there is no microstutter.

Hi, we have enabled our first beta branch which has many improvements regarding performance. Can you check those and give your feedback? Thanks in advance.
I've tried out the beta branch to see if it fixed the performance issues, I'm still getting major lag (especially in campaign battles), the memory leak seems to have been fixed, but instead of having fps stutters every 2 secs I'm getting constantly low fps (less than 5)
I really appreciate your hard work and I hope this gets fixed soon.

My specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ 2.50 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
8GB of RAM

When I started playing this awesome game a week ago I experienced serious mouse-lags, making battles almost unplayable. After trying literally every possible solution, I found out it was related to RAM usage. Here is what solved the problem for me:

1. Open Task Manager and go to Autostart. Deactivate whatever you can, like anti-virus or Windows Security notifications by left-clicking it and choosing Deactivate in the lower right corner of the Task Manager.
Especially deactivate Realtek Audio (HD Audio Control Panel) if you have it, it interferes with Windows 10!

2. If you are using NVIDIA go to the Device Manager and locate NVIDIA High Definition Audio. Right-click it and choose Disable. You can also uninstall Geforce Experience (wasn't neccessary in my case, but it can also generate stuttering on Windows 10).

3. Turn off or uninstall Cortana!

4. Get the latest video card driver (NVIDIA's latest is from march 23rd!).

5. Make a copy of your Steam desktop shortcut icon (not your Bannerlord icon), right-click the copy and select Properties. The Shortcut tab opens by default. Replace the Target: entry with the following line:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -no-browser -applaunch 261550

This icon will now open Bannerlord without starting Steam's browser, saving you a lot of RAM. If you want the icon to look a bit nicer, choose Change Icon... underneath the Target entry, click Browse... and navigate to Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Icons (or whereever you have saved Bannerlord). You'll find a nice Horse icon there, just double-click it.

6. Restart your computer and don't log in to Steam immediately. Double-click your new Bannerlord icon instead and then log in.
In the game go to Options and choose Videos tab. Set Display Mode to Borderless Fullscreen, Screen Resolution to Desktop Resolution (I turned my desktop resolution down to 1600x900 for this), and Frame Limiter to 30. In Performance tab set all Shadow and Particle options to Low/None.

After doing this I almost never encountered any lags. If the game begins to stutter, just hover over every icon and menu option so the game can load and recognize it and the stutter ends. When experiencing a stutter at the start of a battle, take a quick look in all directions, also to the sky and on the ground, the game loads what is needed and the stuttering will end. At least that is my experience, and the game turned from almost unplayable to having fun with 500 men siege battles!

My Specs:
Windows 10
Geforce GTX 1050TI
Intel i5-3570 3.40GHz
8 GB DDR3
Dell 0GY6Y8 Version A02
Samsung SSD

Last edited:
My game still has stuttering issues in beta branch and i play with only 200 troops in battlefield, sieges are barely playable
My specs:
CPU:AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight Core Processor
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Monitor: AOC with 144 Hertz
RAM: 16,0 GB

Same.. As far as I searched on the Internet, the game is basically unplayable for people with 8GB RAM. There is a really terrible ram leak

My whole 8Gigs of RAM gets completely seized within 10 minutes of playing the game and starts stuttering like crazy, load times gets 5-10x longer, and loading into battle against just some 10-20 Looters unplayable and then stuttering in battle.

Noticed really strange things, like I shoot the first arrow into a Looter, and if it hits, his gambeson gets invisible and I see his naked body for like 1-2 seconds and after another 1second stutter it gets loaded back on his body...

Usually, it's very stuttering upon loading into a new area, but after ieverything gets loaded, I get over ~100fps on max settings in any Town or city.

My system should be more than enough to play this game on max:
My specs:
GPU: GTX970 4GB VRAM;
CPU: AMD FX-8350 8-core ~4.0GHz;
RAM: 8GB;
Disk: HDD;
All latest Drivers installed, was playing MORDHAU previously just fine...
No matter what I do, turn down some graphical settings, changed the audio from 256 to 128-bit, nothing works.
I even tried using the ISLC (Intelligent Standby List Cleaner) but even that doesn't help with this ram issue.
So, I hope this issue is known among the developer team.

Same.. As far as I searched on the Internet, the game is basically unplayable for people with 8GB RAM. There is a really terrible ram leak

My whole 8Gigs of RAM gets completely seized within 10 minutes of playing the game and starts stuttering like crazy, load times gets 5-10x longer, and loading into battle against just some 10-20 Looters unplayable and then stuttering in battle.

Noticed really strange things, like I shoot the first arrow into a Looter, and if it hits, his gambeson gets invisible and I see his naked body for like 1-2 seconds and after another 1second stutter it gets loaded back on his body...

Usually, it's very stuttering upon loading into a new area, but after ieverything gets loaded, I get over ~100fps on max settings in any Town or city.

My specs:
No matter what I do, turn down some graphical settings, changed the audio from 256 to 128-bit, nothing works.
I even tried using the ISLC (Intelligent Standby List Cleaner) but even that doesn't help with this ram issue.
Yes im facing with same issue....when i hit someone game microsttuters and the guy gets nude for split second before his clothes gets covered in blood.

My specs:
The issue may not be the RAM, we have fixed many memory leaks. Can you check the 'Committed' and 'Working' memory values while you are playing the game through the 'Resource Monitor' ? You can open 'Resource Monitor' from the 'Performance' tab in 'Task Manager'. Thanks in advance.

As the asked information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as solved. If the issue still continues, please update it. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom