Will there be a mac version? if there will be one, when?

Users who are viewing this thread

louislou

Recruit
Yeah, I know mac isn't the perfect computer for games, but I still want to ask will there be a mac version?

And what about linux?

I use Linux, btw.

Also I'm vegan. Has nothing to do with M&B, but I needed to tell someone anyways (quarantine is getting to me).

Does proton work on Mac? On Linux we can run most games with it. Warband actually ran more stable on wine than native for me.

And what about linux?

I use Linux, btw.

Also I'm vegan. Has nothing to do with M&B, but I needed to tell someone anyways (quarantine is getting to me).

Does proton work on Mac? On Linux we can run most games with it. Warband actually ran more stable on wine than native for me.
No, proton doesn't work on mac. And wine doesn't work very well either. I tried to use MS Excel with wine once, and....Nah. Warband has a mac version, so I think they can compile a mac version right? Don't know what engine they used for the game.

I have tried crossover and wine... and the game just goes to start but stops after a few seconds...
Anyone have any ideas?

Bumping this in hopes that we might hear whether there are plans for a Mac OS version. The game sounds awesome from what my PC-owning friends have said so far. I don't own a PC capable of handling this game and it sounds like stuff like Wine, Parallels, etc. won't cut the mustard either.

Bumping this in hopes that we might hear whether there are plans for a Mac OS version. The game sounds awesome from what my PC-owning friends have said so far. I don't own a PC capable of handling this game and it sounds like stuff like Wine, Parallels, etc. won't cut the mustard either.
You can make a dual-boot with a software like Bootcamp.

I guess I will have to educate myself on how to do that.

Thankfully Apple made this REALLY easy for me. Go into Finder, then to Applications, then Utilities, then "Boot Camp Assistant"

DO A TIME MACHINE BACK UP FIRST FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Boot Camp Assistant takes care of everything for you. If you have a recent Mac it will even download Windows 10 for you, partition your drives (you specify how much drive space you want to give up) and it takes care of teh rest and then boots you into Windows. (I'd recommend at least 100GB if you want to run Bannerlord... Windows takes up a good ~20GB on it's own when it's installed)

Also, if you decide after that putting Windows (alongside Mac OSX) on your Mac was a mistake, Boot Camp Assistant can undo the whole process quickly (Quicker than reverting to time machine backup)

Edit: I did this to run Bannerlord on my 2015 Macbook Pro, I reverted the whole process as my Intel Iris graphics were not up to snuff and kept getting fata crashes trying to start the game, Ensure your Mac has an actual Graphics card)

Ok, thanks ... sounds much easier than I thought and the fact it's so easy to undo also reassures me. Will definitely do a back up.

Bought my MacBook Pro in the 4th quarter of 2019 so it should be equal to the task.

Have you (or anyone else in this thread) had experience playing Bannerlord doing this? Good/bad/indifferent results?
I never dual-booted with a Mac, only Linux/Windows, but a dual boot only means you have a Windows installation, it would not conflict with your MAC and your PC would function as a Windows would. It's just the hassle of restarting the PC with you want to switchover the OS.

The only part I wasn't sure about is once I got Windows up and running on my Mac, it defaults to booting to Windows when you restart it. To choose which operating system you wish to boot to, you can press and hold the Option key, then power it on, and it will let you pick.

Have you (or anyone else in this thread) had experience playing Bannerlord doing this? Good/bad/indifferent results?
I’ve tried playing using Parallels (a virtual machine software that runs windows within MacOS) and it was just too slow but that’s because it couldn’t use full the Mac’s full power which is fine for lighter duty stuff but not this game. I think I’m gonna try bootcamping this weekend I’ll let you know how it goes, I have a MacBook with a dedicated graphics card as well.

I’ve tried playing using Parallels (a virtual machine software that runs windows within MacOS) and it was just too slow but that’s because it couldn’t use full the Mac’s full power which is fine for lighter duty stuff but not this game. I think I’m gonna try bootcamping this weekend I’ll let you know how it goes, I have a MacBook with a dedicated graphics card as well.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Interested to hear the verdict.

I just got it installed today and went through the first few quests so only small battles so far no sieges or anything but that all went very smoothly. I’m playing on a 2019 16” MBP with and 8gig AMD graphics card

Excellent! I do hope that official Mac support happens at release. Having Windows installed on my Mac just felt wrong

Back
Top Bottom