Need More Info Drastic graphical processing speed drop from 1.01 patch to the new 1.02 patch.

Users who are viewing this thread

I have an ASUS Intel Core I7, NVDIA GTX 960M, with 12 GB of RAM running Windows 10. Yesterday (March 1st 2020), I was playing Bannerlord on Medium graphics across the board with zero lag in single player. Today (2 March 2020) with the 1.02 update, my computer is drastically lagging with the exact same graphics settings and has dropped to half the speed in processing and playing the game is not as feasible right now due to this. The processing drop is true for both the Main Menu, the campaign, and battles. Not sure what was changed from yesterday to today to cause a processing drop.

I went to select which graphics card is being used and it looks like Bannerlord is not switching to my dedicated graphics card (NVIDIA GTX 960) and has reverted to only using my integrated graphics card. I believe this may solve the issue, though I can't seem to solve the game to use my 960 now even when selecting it from the options menu.

If you need any further information, please let me know and I'll provide it prompty.

Last edited:
Alright, I solved the issue, and I imagine that many players are experiencing this because it's not a common thing to come across. Patch 1.01 to 1.02 reset which graphics processor was being used to my integrated from my dedicated. I had to select it and restart the entire application. I didn't realize that this default change was what my problem was. I'd like to leave this thread online so others may see this as well in case they run into problems and dont' realize that it's because the default graphics card used changed in the game to the integrated graphics card.

I love this game, guys! Thanks for the support on this!

I have nearly the same exact specs as you and am running into the same problem. Would you be willing to explain how you fixed this issue, perhaps step-by-step? I'm not very tech savvy and don't know how to select which graphic card the game uses.

I have nearly the same exact specs as you and am running into the same problem. Would you be willing to explain how you fixed this issue, perhaps step-by-step? I'm not very tech savvy and don't know how to select which graphic card the game uses.

Go to Options in game, click the Video tab on the left then the 4th option down says Selected Adapter. Make sure that one is set to your GPU then hit Done and restart the game.

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.

Back
Top Bottom