Heroes: more immersive histories, personal missions and better equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

It would be very interesting to role-play with the heroes. Right now they tell you a story and you hire them. End. They are empty NPCs. A personal mission to improve their performance could be interesting, and very important: they are NPCs with advanced statistics, which is fine, but their equipment is looter. They can have advanced equipment (it costs a lot of money to hire them) and that the equipment is anchored to them, that your character cannot steal it.

Also, I haven't seen a single hero with any non-combat skills such as medical, trading or engineer. Gimme my jeremus 2.0 damnit!

I've seen medical, scouting, and tactics, but no trader or engineer. I want to have companions that I hire just to run my trade caravan, or just to run my fief for me so that I don't have to sit around.

the background story and the name should give you a hint about the support skills of a companion.

Something like "XXX Healer", or a story like "I was a bandit" -> rogue skill, or "I was the scout" -> scout skill

Yeah it is too vague and not working well yet. Like I got a companion with 80 skill but 0 on the attribute.

A preview of your companion page before hiring him/her would be nice ...

there are healers, very expensive, by the way. But it would also be interesting to be able to invest in a "medical tent", to improve their skills, for example, and not participate in combat. Because if I had a doctor in my army, I would not put him to fight with my armored knights ...

You can find them in The encyclopedia by pressing N on the campaign map. Then heroes - check “wanderer” and that lists all of the companions (plus their location !!) I learnt that from ESO.

You can find them in The encyclopedia by pressing N on the campaign map. Then heroes - check “wanderer” and that lists all of the companions (plus their location !!) I learnt that from ESO.

yes, but the thread theme has nothing to do with it. In the thread it is said that the heroes would have to have a deeper roleplay associated with them. Missions, etc. We all know how to find the index with the heroes, I think.

Having an Encyclopedia with all of them listed right off the bat really takes away the limited joy of meeting them. People of interest should be somewhat concealed or else the world just feels to pragmatic.

A tip about companions:
Don't hire Cidre the Healer. She wants 3k denars but you can hire another healer (Ekadrya Willowbark) with same medical skills (both have 60) for 800 denars.

I already found 2 companion with same last name but they both bug out with their backstory. At first I thought he was family member or something but it just says "This is generic backstory". Also please put option to hear their story again. I found someone I already meet but I forgot her backstory.

telAliq.jpg

yes, but the thread theme has nothing to do with it. In the thread it is said that the heroes would have to have a deeper roleplay associated with them. Missions, etc. We all know how to find the index with the heroes, I think.

Sorry I was meaning to reply to another post but didn’t quote it

Back
Top Bottom