POLL: Should players be able to disable the aging mechanic?

Should players be able to turn off aging?

• YES! I don't like it.

Votes: 79 11.5%
  • YES! The game should have options to emulate the legacy titles if the user desires.

Votes: 365 53.2%
  • NO! The game was designed this way on purpose.

Votes: 175 25.5%
  • NO! I like it.

Votes: 67 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Kangamangus

Sergeant
Alright, I decided to start a poll. I've been waiting a sequel not too long after I'd played the hell out of Warband back in the late 2000s. A decade plus of waiting. I was wanting bigger, better, prettier M&B. So far, that seems to be what I got, but with the unwanted and unavoidable addition of aging and character death.

I did not want this. I did not ask for this. Is there any way players can have the Mount & Blade experience without this new mechanic forced down our throats? I'm not saying remove the feature, only just to give us the option to disable it if we want to enjoy this game the same way players have been able to enjoy every previous Mount & Blade game.

What do other forum users here think? I personally think options are always a good thing. If the game is going to be a 'sandbox,' let us tweak the world and it's rules to our liking, or at least to the extent to make it more like the previous titles that led us to this point.

I rather like the aging system, in all it's ways. I can respect your opposition, but nothing was 'forced down' anyone. Options are generally always a good thing, however, so I wouldn't say that was a bad idea, so long as it's understood to be something odd, like the CK2 'immortal' trait.

Perhaps revise a bit on the tone though, more flies with honey...you sound as if taleworlds has somehow done something 'evil' rather then just made a decision you don't like, and which others very much do like.

It's a terrible idea and I waited to see if it was indeed optional before even considering a purchase - it's not, so I'll keep playing Warband until this situation is resolved. From what I've seen this game is a firm step away from what I liked about Warband anyways.

57. Will we be able to mod the game in a way we can completely remove death and disable aging, heir system and random characters?
To some extent, you probably will be able to remove death, manipulate heir system and random characters but disabling aging could be tricky. It is too soon to say if that would be modifiable or not. However this is subject to change.

That's what I asked Callum regarding the aging system, and his answer. As most of you, I also would rather leave the whole thing optional - heirs/death/aging

Game should have the option for players to change the speed of which they age, or outright disable it.

I rather like the aging system, in all it's ways. I can respect your opposition, but nothing was 'forced down' anyone. Options are generally always a good thing, however, so I wouldn't say that was a bad idea, so long as it's understood to be something odd, like the CK2 'immortal' trait.

Perhaps revise a bit on the tone though, more flies with honey...you sound as if taleworlds has somehow done something 'evil' rather then just made a decision you don't like, and which others very much do like.

Well, unless I can turn it off, or play the base game without depending on mods or cheats, it has been forced upon me...and anyone else who doesn't want to play with the aging feature that can't be turned off. I have to play other Mount & Blade games to stop my character from aging, apparently.

Well, unless I can turn it off, or play the base game without depending on mods or cheats, it has been forced upon me...and anyone else who doesn't want to play with the aging feature that can't be turned off. I have to play other Mount & Blade games to stop my character from aging, apparently.

Yep, pretty much, just like they 'forced' new graphics on you, and a new name for the game, and a new UI. Making a new game does not 'force' anything on anyone.

Yes. The meta-dev has alot to answer for.:roll:

They should take out the whole heir/dynasty system completely along with the ability to kill enemy lord/kings with very little penalty if ageing were disabled. The 13 year old sons of my king would never age a day to replace their father on the throne. Might as well go back to the warband immortal lords/player/kings system when you couldn't have kids/heirs.

Yep, pretty much, just like they 'forced' new graphics on you, and a new name for the game, and a new UI. Making a new game does not 'force' anything on anyone.
I'd hope they would have improved graphics on release a decade later. That's OBJECTIVELY an improvement.

This gameplay mechanic is SUBJECTIVELY worse and detracts from the gameplay experience for some players.

One is decidedly and factually a benefit, the other is arguably a detriment and worse for the player. I want to play an improved Mount & Blade. Mount & Blade with better graphics is better. Mount & Blade that limits or confines the player in ways it hadn't previously is not.

I'd hope they would have improved graphics on release a decade later. That's OBJECTIVELY an improvement.

This gameplay mechanic is SUBJECTIVELY worse and detracts from the gameplay experience for some players.

One is decidedly and factually a benefit, the other is arguably a detriment and worse for the player. I want to play an improved Mount & Blade. Mount & Blade with better graphics is better. Mount & Blade that limits or confines the player in ways it hadn't previously is not.
Can you please stop stating your opinions in the style of univeral fact then? I like the idea of watching the hour long sculpting I did age and die off due to being too much of a badarse to get skewered on the battlefield.It's okay to be annoyed, not so to lecture people about the annoyance.

can you please stop stating your opinions in the style of univeral fact then? I like the idea of watching the hour long sculpting I did age and die off due to being too much of a badarse to get skewered on the battlefield.
...and you can do that as the game is.

Fact: Better graphics is an improvement to the game.

Fact: Players can't turn off a feature that wasn't in any previous Mount & Blade game.

Fact: Not all players like the new aging feature.

Can you please stop stating your opinions in the style of univeral fact then? I like the idea of watching the hour long sculpting I did age and die off due to being too much of a badarse to get skewered on the battlefield.It's okay to be annoyed, not so to lecture people about the annoyance.

...as you lecture me about your annoyance...

Back
Top Bottom