31 March and 50 Bucks what do you think?

Reasonable?

• No

Votes: 126 25.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 376 74.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

i think just 1000 or 2000 buy the game with this price. and they are very intersted fans, i am sure the price will break soon or it will be fail for talewords.
they will get unpationt fans money and lower price for others, its i know about talewords, they dont care about fans even a little, i beged them for beta and atleast i didnt recive it.
I don't know where you live and i'm really sorry to tell you this (I read your post about your salary) but you need to realize that 50$ is not that expensive in most developped countries.

Indeed, warband has well over 6 million sales (TW said 6mil in 2015). So Bannerlord will make some huge sales at the start, hopefully for them not many refunds. TW going to get lots of cash flow now that they don't have a publisher.

They better put it to good use.

TW gets 35$ per sold game, let's say 50k sales in the first week (low estimate I think). 1,75 million$, not including taxes.

I don't know where you live and i'm really sorry to tell you this (I read your post about your salary) but you need to realize that 50$ is not that expensive in most developped countries.

Regarding his salary, I think Gaming is the wrong hobby if any game on the market is atleast 1/10 of his salary up to 6/10.

I normally go on the system of 'for every dollar I pay, I want one hour of entertainment'. I paid like 20 bucks for a warband physical copy way back when and played for at least 2000 or so hours until I bought the steam version, which I clocked another 400 hours into. The concepts, features and such of these games have never failed to really hook me in and keep me around for hours on end. For that reason, I'm willing to pay anything upwards of 100 dollars, maybe even 150-ish.
I think the hours of fun shouldnt count on that, there are short games that are strong and have a lot of value and they dont require you to spend 60 hours in them, yet they're definitly worth it. In fact I think this hour count has ruined a lot of games as they add "side content" which ends up being irrelevant and un fun.

Ah, the ''iF YoU dOnT LiKe iT LeAvE'' arguement, love it.
Guys please dont forget that the only entertainment this dude has is being miserable or being a sad troll, if you are trying to have a good argument dont speak to this guy

I think the hours of fun shouldnt count on that, there are short games that are strong and have a lot of value and they dont require you to spend 60 hours in them, yet they're definitly worth it. In fact I think this hour count has ruined a lot of games as they add "side content" which ends up being irrelevant and un fun.
Of course it does! I am pretty sure you are talking about the AAA games with "open world" so it takes longer to finish. The diffirence between them and MB is that MB doesn't try to be a long game. It IS a long game. It doesn't add an open world to be a long game. It is built on the Open World. And the modding makes it much more fun after playing for over 100+hours.
Now Bannerlord's goal is to fill the open world with more stuff to do. Their goal is to turn only-fighting simple map to a map with more advanced gameplay. And it is hard. Because it is a simulation type of game. They can add so many things to game but they also have to find a way to don't break the game with that stuff. That's why it took so long. Because they broke the game a couple of times and they had to start from 0. You can add so many things but it is never going to be enough. You can just keep adding, modding the game. That is why, the games strength lays on the Modding Community. At one point they have to stop adding, and release the game so others can add what they want. It is like the Sci-fi World of SCP. People just don't get it. They are not going to be paradox, sell unfinished games. What they are going to sell is going to be the real game with open doors so you can add whatever you want. Because this is what Mount and Blade really is. It is not Witcher or CoD. It has it's unique way.

btw you are right about short games but I would gladly give 50€ for Bannerlord than giving 69.99€ for effing AC or GhostRecon.

Of course it does! I am pretty sure you are talking about the AAA games with "open world" so it takes longer to finish. The diffirence between them and MB is that MB doesn't try to be a long game. It IS a long game. It doesn't add an open world to be a long game. It is built on the Open World. And the modding makes it much more fun after playing for over 100+hours.
Now Bannerlord's goal is to fill the open world with more stuff to do. Their goal is to turn only-fighting simple map to a map with more advanced gameplay. And it is hard. Because it is a simulation type of game. They can add so many things to game but they also have to find a way to don't break the game with that stuff. That's why it took so long. Because they broke the game a couple of times and they had to start from 0. You can add so many things but it is never going to be enough. You can just keep adding, modding the game. That is why, the games strength lays on the Modding Community. At one point they have to stop adding, and release the game so others can add what they want. It is like the Sci-fi World of SCP. People just don't get it. They are not going to be paradox, sell unfinished games. What they are going to sell is going to be the real game with open doors so you can add whatever you want. Because this is what Mount and Blade really is. It is not Witcher or CoD. It has it's unique way.

btw you are right about short games but I would gladly give 50€ for Bannerlord than giving 69.99€ for effing AC or GhostRecon.
Is still a bad criteria to have in every game, in Bannerlord of course who wouldn't agree it's worth the dime

Is still a bad criteria to have in every game, in Bannerlord of course who wouldn't agree it's worth the dime
I know man, I don't play videogames anymore since last september because every game tries to have an open world just to make the game longer. Sometimes I just want to play a good story game but no, every game has to have open world. But we can't hate TW for others sins.

You are goddamn right.

Even did they add the height system so if someone makes a mod for idk, LOTR that they are be able to easily add Trolls without some dumb physics. They want to give us the roots for whatever we want to do/mod.

I'm having a hard time deciding if I'll buy it on the release date or not, I have never spent more than 30€ for a videogame, it was also kind of an early access and a complete bug fest on release. Apart from that, having your SP save game destroyed as the game updates by will be a bit frustrating.
Most probably I'll be buying Bannerlord when it's 30€-ish, I can wait more lol

31 March doesn't really surprise me, although I would of course been happy about an earlier date. And 50€ seems very reasonable to me, after this extremely long development process I was almost sure the game would cost 60.

Are you saying that the hours and hours of satisfaction that the game gives you is not something to value? God...

I think it is too much I mean yeah mount & blade series is pretty damn good but I have been playing on and off since 2010 even bought extra copies so I have steam versions and also gifted the game to friends but yeah I expected it to be £30 before early access was announced and it's £40 while still being early access. Taleworlds I think is a damn good dev but I honestly don't want to pay that much for an unfinished game I know Taleworlds will not abandon the game but I just feel a bit let down by the devs charging that much.-edit also id like to mention this game could be in early access for a long time I have supported and been ripped off by many early access games been worried about bannerlord from the start I mean think about it, all the things they are chan2 years ging ingame might not even feel like the previous games would happily pay £30 early access or not but £40 has crossed the line a bit for me.

Dude.. Think of it as a pre-order if anything.

It has been said many times in this forum already.

The game will cost the EXACT SAME amount when released and if you buy the EA, you are already paying for the full game before it is released. So if you expect the game to eventually be good (or up to standard) when finally released, there is no difference in whether you buy it at EA or at release. Unless you are short on cash in which case you have over a year to save up for it.

Otherwise, wait 2 years or something for a sale..

I wish it wasn’t the exact last day of March. I sort of doubt the quality difference between EA March 20th and March 31st would matter to anyone besides TW

Dude.. Think of it as a pre-order if anything.

It has been said many times in this forum already.

The game will cost the EXACT SAME amount when released and if you buy the EA, you are already paying for the full game before it is released. So if you expect the game to eventually be good (or up to standard) when finally released, there is no difference in whether you buy it at EA or at release. Unless you are short on cash in which case you have over a year to save up for it.

Otherwise, wait 2 years or something for a sale..
I think tw has the worst fans. They want it to fail. They hope for it.

I know man, I don't play videogames anymore since last september because every game tries to have an open world just to make the game longer. Sometimes I just want to play a good story game but no, every game has to have open world. But we can't hate TW for others sins.
Yes obviously, these people deserve the money.
Are you saying that the hours and hours of satisfaction that the game gives you is not something to value? God...
No, definitly didnt said that

Back
Top Bottom