Scenes

Users who are viewing this thread

Ambalon

Marquis
Call them official ruthven?(if later on you sticky this, we should remove the official.

Anyway, I just started my work on Tjoloholm. It's almost 3AM, so don't expect magic. I should be done by friday, maybe tomorrow (today) night.
As I still have a things to learn, most likely friday, maybe even saturday.
Anyway, I'll make a ****ing hard to siege fortress because I want to take the fortress for myself.  :wink:

ps: Called it official just so that people passing by don't think "oh, that's just a stupid recruit making a question". But feel free to remove it if you want.

Thy thread hast been officialized

We'll see what they look like before they're official.  :wink:

By the way, I would prefer that in sieges, there are open gates, not ladders/towers. Don't scrap anything if you've already set it up for that, but...

Ruthven said:
We'll see what they look like before they're official.  :wink:

By the way, I would prefer that in sieges, there are open gates, not ladders/towers. Don't scrap anything if you've already set it up for that, but...
Bleh. I just finished getting a decent terrain. (as in its a plain terrain, isn't hand made and looks like the settlers said "Hey, this looks like a good place for or castle!"). But yeah, as it's gonna be very steep I was already planning on making it a gate entrace, not ladder. And it's easier to make it gate invading.
Definetly no towers, I really doubt that during the 8-10th century raiders (a.k.a. Vikings) used siege towers.
I might make some parts made by "the old people" though. (read: romans) Which means some stonework instead of just wood.

edit- **** is so tight it's gonna be a ***** to mesh. But then, more realistic. I wouldn't expect a castle to be a comfy place. And a good spot had to be used too...
edit2- ****, its 4am! Production halted for 11 hours. :lol:

*GASP!*

Ambalon! I thought what we had was speciaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll:cry:

No, but really, thats fine. Working on the scenes of the mod will have to wait till the custom buildings are done, so feel free to dabble in other mods. Best of luck  :wink:

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
*GASP!*

Ambalon! I thought what we had was speciaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll:cry:

No, but really, thats fine. Working on the scenes of the mod will have to wait till the custom buildings are done, so feel free to dabble in other mods. Best of luck  :wink:
I'm a whore, I do whatever to get the mod I want to play to get a new version faster.
But really, I already have some pics.
f3b8s5.jpg

9prv9t.jpg
Not meshed yet (gonna be a ***** to mesh since there aren't enough faces), but that's pretty much it, unless it gets too tight for a siege, then I'm making a small military village around it (and add a palisade maybe).
What are your thoughts ruthven? Leave it that way or expand it a little?

Finished meshing. Now I just have to add passageways and entry points and the exterior is done. Then I have to edit the prison and the hall.
Any thoughts on how prisons looked back then? (I changed the big thatched building for something more prison-like)

Finished the exterior. Now for the siege (just opening the gate). Prison and hall. (that is, if I can find anything that suits the mod, if I don't, I wont even bother)  :wink:
edit1- Might even be done by late night (as in 2~4am here - what is about what? 1am to you ruthven)
Current look (and the one you'll get). I took it and it really isn't the ***** I wanted it to be.
2e1x5py.jpg

Had to make this ramp on the edge that faced the outside of the castle so the archers inside could shoot at troops closer to the wall (since that quasi-wall they put in the actual wall only blocks the view. Added AI blocker to prevent the troops from falling from there.
2rpbkt2.jpg
Night shot from the castle (tried to add bit atmosphere to it :wink:)
mmcqyo.jpg

Closer from a player perspective
30da1ae.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0dda726841a4f91d0c814df2efeadc50e04e75f6e8ebb871
And the ground 0x0000000033a8603b0004310700002a9400000e3900002154
Since it escapes my comprehension how I can change the interior of the castle and the prison, they will remain the same.
Also, thanks for officializing it ruthven. Will start a motte and bailey and might even finish it "today"

EDIT2

Start working on my motte and bailey. Could be done by late night (read first edit)
Battle for the castle (w00t)
28i88wk.jpg

Pretty nifty place, shouldn't be too hard to take nor too hard to protect. Has a sorta park in the keep and a table with food always available to the castle's lord.
rm2mmg.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0dda726841a4f91d0c814df2efeadc50e04e75f6e8ebb871
And the ground 0x00000000b0244a940005151b00004e4300002643000031e4
If not by tomorrow noon (time I'll wake up  :lol:)

This ***** is done. Now I'll wait for some votes to keep on working. I might work on some villages. Took me less than 24 hours (about twelve) to create two castles. :wink: Eat that! *****!

edit3- We're gonna need more buildings, batman. Otherwise everything will look the same. I'm trying to avoid stone buildings for everyone.(though I suppose that the brown faction had some sorta technology, considering it's troops). What are your thoughts Ruthven?

I added an arena spectator and made him hold a shield, sword and wear a helmet. Just for the lulz, as I want to see people whining that they got killed in the middle of the battle because they were trying to attack a scene prop instead of the real enemy  :lol: And I couldn't remove that wooden ***** from the ditch. wow, rhymed!

Ah well. Anyways, if it's at all possible, I'd like it very much if one of the shore side town scenes (Vikedal, Brevik, etc) could include a port "inside" the city. Here's an idea of what I mean:
citymap.jpg

Y'know, something somewhat like that. Not sure if there are any things you can use for docks though, so maybe it's a no-go.

A wooden bridge could make a good dock  :wink:
And I might use my brazillian improvisation superpower and find something that suits it. (btw, I'll give preference to the dark green guys, so they'll probably be the first to have only custom scenes)
Still, the inside scenes are too hard for me to be changed. IIRC there was the inner part of an wooded structure, though I'm not sure if it could be fit to a lord's hall.

:lol:
I would start now, but since I'll get too much into it I'd only go to sleep when I had 40% done, which would take me 3 hours, and it 2am already, so...
Anyway, I'mma start tomorrow and should be done in a few hours (read: 8 )

You should make a circle fort castle!

http://www.denmark.dk/NR/rdonlyres/5AE3CD79-41CE-4037-8DD2-015DD630B1A6/0/vikingeborgtrelleborg.jpg

Really simple, very Viking!

Dudro said:
You should make a circle fort castle!

http://www.denmark.dk/NR/rdonlyres/5AE3CD79-41CE-4037-8DD2-015DD630B1A6/0/vikingeborgtrelleborg.jpg

Really simple, very Viking!
Maybe later. Its really hard to connect wall sections and make a half decent circle.

Back
Top Bottom