What scared you today?

Users who are viewing this thread

And yet I still don't get it how people just get scared when they have to let a tarantula walk across their arms :razz:

Hietala said:
And yet I still don't get it how people just get scared when they have to let a tarantula walk across their arms :razz:

I've had spiders, a giant African land snail and a jungle cockroach on me, plus I own a snake and have kept rats and mice over a period of years. You tend to become desensitised to such things.

People usually get scared of such things because of either a trauma at a young age, or as a 'learned' fear, maybe from a parent who gets hysterical when they see a spider, and they learn to mimic that fear, unfounded though it may be.

I had the back of my neck eaten up, and the skin turned all black from spiders. Also from a friend I had being bitten by a Brown Recluse when I lived in Florida.

While driving around today, I took a sharp corner much too fast, and ended up basically drifting around it. It scared me, then I thought I was awesome, then I realized I nearly died, and it scared me again.

Swine flu is just... well flu... It's not like you are going to develop boils and bleed out from a little cut because your blood won't coagulate while having hallucinations and wild discharge from your eyes because another kid who had it shared the same school with you. Why is it that a disease becomes so much more scary to the news when you stick an animal in front of the name? Would the country go into meltdown because a man in NYC developed elephant platypus Parkinson's disease?

Yeah.

I agree, to an extent.

I wasn't really that scared, if I'm honest but it just seemed to hit home, when it was announced that someon had the disease at school.

I don't know where you're from but in the UK, the media have a reputation for over-dramatising" everything. Swine flu has been no exception.

Sir Lulzalot said:
Swine flu is just... well flu... It's not like you are going to develop boils and bleed out from a little cut because your blood won't coagulate while having hallucinations and wild discharge from your eyes because another kid who had it shared the same school with you. Why is it that a disease becomes so much more scary to the news when you stick an animal in front of the name? Would the country go into meltdown because a man in NYC developed elephant platypus Parkinson's disease?
Obviously. Elephant platypus Parkinson's disease sounds pretty bad.

And I thought swine flu, although still plain old flu, spread easier or something. That's why everyone has been flipping out over it.

A few weeks back some people I know went on a school trip to China. The entire group was quarantined because they got swine flu. What a ****ty trip.

The asbestos in my science room is pretty bad, a bit fell down then they realised there was asbestos. ****ing wankers.

Back
Top Bottom