Votes: 79 8.5%
  • Old Knight

Votes: 474 51.1%
  • Skilled Hunter

Votes: 359 38.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Nameless One said:
Horse Archery with the Khergit Noble feels much like WWII dogfighting.

Agreed - but more like WW I to me (esp if you press CTRL-F9 and slow it down).
Stick some wings on the horses and I would feel like the Red Baron....turn tighter, get on their tail, line up the shot and BANG!

Now if you could just add smoke and flames as they spiral to their deaths... :razz:

The khirgit prince saved my ass when I accidently crashed against a migrating bear tribe at charachter level 1. After 250 kills it really feels like in a ww1 plane => eaxusted and shaking  :mrgreen:

SXIII said:
The khirgit prince saved my ass when I accidently crashed against a migrating bear tribe at charachter level 1. After 250 kills it really feels like in a ww1 plane => eaxusted and shaking  :mrgreen:

I'm surprised they didn't put a few wooden sticks into your horse instead and eat him :grin:

(am I going to have to remove the ability to refill arrows by going to inventory?)

davecheeney said:
Nameless One said:
Horse Archery with the Khergit Noble feels much like WWII dogfighting.

Agreed - but more like WW I to me (esp if you press CTRL-F9 and slow it down).
Stick some wings on the horses and I would feel like the Red Baron....turn tighter, get on their tail, line up the shot and BANG!

Now if you could just add smoke and flames as they spiral to their deaths... :razz:
Is there any way to slow the entire mod down?  The above mentioned Ctrl-F9 doesn't seem to do anything for me.

On horseback I spend the entire time trying to dodge trees and rocks and no time fighting.  On foot, with 23 agi, I'm getting owned sparring Novice fighters with Combat Speed on Slower not because of low str but because I can't get a hit in edgewise.  I appreciate challenge and typically play on highest difficulties with no problems, but this hyper speed is tooo fast for my old reflexes.

Thanks,
Haplo

CTRL+F9 works if you enable cheats in the configuration menu when starting M&B. It makes everything move in slow motion.

don't push your horse to its speed limit. I think you'll get used to the faster combat, its not that fast.

Yeah it's not like the first incarnation of this mod where horses could turn on a dime and dodge faster than a guy on foot. I remember being able to take out an entire Feudal army solo with a courser with no trouble at all cause the horse moved faster than the enemies' swings. Ah, good times.

Jaeke said:
Their thrown weapons always take out my horse.

Khergit Prince has starting Riding at 7 and his Cloud has speed 67. Even Eaters of the Dead to slow to swing when you charging to them.

Chel said:
CTRL+F9 works if you enable cheats in the configuration menu when starting M&B. It makes everything move in slow motion.
don't push your horse to its speed limit. I think you'll get used to the faster combat, its not that fast.

Chel - you've got a few "older" gamers here who love the mod but may not have the reflexes of all you young grasshoppers.  :cool:
[I started playing games on the Atari 800......when I was 25]

Ctrl-F9 saves my ass - playing at normal (warp) speed would be futile.
It's a great mod and I check back every couple days to see what else you have added.

:-<>-:

The Mercenary said:
Will any of the suggested starting characters be making it in?

at least one, yes.

a Diving Drunken Fisherman :grin:

52325505.jpg

Drunken fisherman sounds awesome. I would totally play that, even if he was weaker. Just to be drunk.

Also, have you thought about a Shock troop of some kind for a new starting character? Give them high STR and make them build up their AGI if they want to be able to move. Maybe high one hand weapons and crossbows, with high shield and hp but not much else. They would be a great defensive troop, but taking the offense would be a challenge.

I thought the point of shock troopers was that they're the first to hit. If they move like slugs and the rest of the army moves like normal people, there's not much point to them.

They're all different and fun.

Old Knight is fun but I am no good with lances so I lose quite a lot.  I had one nice bought with another lancer where I killed him in one hit.  I also like that the Knight gets matching armor shield and horse, along with nice trainer skills.

The Khergit Prince is just insane on a field battle but nearly useless in a siege.  If anything, his horse is too fast.  I can't hit anything because I'm moving too much!

Barbarian is so far my favorite.  I entered a tournament with him and got so lucky as to have javelins for most of the rounds.  It was far too easy!

the1ringer said:
The Khergit Prince is just insane on a field battle but nearly useless in a siege.  If anything, his horse is too fast.  I can't hit anything because I'm moving too much!
You are so wrong. Just last night I personally slaugthered 67 of ~300 enemies defending Nelag castle. Playing Khergit Prince I just decided to try Balanced Scourge Blade. Its soooo uber weapon.  :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom