Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

I haven't checked the mod yet, I will download this one this weekend still along with Prophecy of Pendor. This is just a suggestion here, some of the regulars here may understand the work that you and other people are doing on this sub-forum entitled "Mongol Series", but for people that are starting anew on these forums or that just recently made a comeback to the forum (like me), it's a bit confusing to understand what is really going on.

I think you or any of the founders of this sub-forum should have a thread explaining with some detail what is the essence of this sub-forum, the current mods, the mods that are being worked upon and by whom. I could say the same for "Viking series" although that modder (I still can't believe it was done by a kid) explains somewhat better what he's up to, meaning 2 mods in the works (and currently one 0.7 version out). For more prodecural people like me, an explanation of what is going on is very important, but this is just a suggestion and based on the confusion feeling I felt when I enter these 2 sub-forums. And any other main mod sub-forum for that matter, it's important to explain what is the mod, who's doing it and what's going on basically.

:smile:

Pali Gap, the generals are called Jiang Jun in pinyin, but I put in a ü to ease the pronunciation. So it's Jiang Jun. :wink:
Also, the axemen should be called Fu Tou Bing, not Fu Bing. Bing means Soldier; Fu itself doesn't mean anything, but Fu Tou means 'axe' - most Chinese phrases come in two syllables.

EDIT1:
Just did a little research.
The Jin crossbowmen should be called Nu Shou, which is translated directly to Crossbow Hand, meaning the Skilled in Crossbows.
Bing won't be necessary.

EDIT2:
Okay, I did a little more research.
If you insist on naming the Jin spearmen Qiang Bing you'll need to give them short spears (as short as javelins [javelins are called Biao Qiang or Thrown Qiang]), or else they'll be called Chi Mao Bing.
Chi Mao Bing basically means Hold Spear/Pike Soldier. Mao (Not to be confused with Chairman Mao Zedong; '矛' as in 'pike', and '毛' as in 'Mao', in Mao Zedong. xD). See the difference?
The cavalry can be called Chi Mao Qi Bing (Hold Spear/Pike Riding Soldier).
If you want to emphasise on the 'infantriness' of the spearmen, you can name them as Chi Mao Bu Bing (Hold Spear/Pike Foot Soldier).

*yawns*
I think I'd better get some sleep now, it's almost 3 o'clock here in Hong Kong. Happy New Year everybody! :grin:

This mod is absolutely fantastic, I really don't have much else to say.  Horse archery has always been the most entertaining thing for me in Mount & Blade, and now I have a mod that's focused on it!

I do have one question though, I couldn't find the answer anywhere but you might have answered it:  what are the strengths/weaknesses of the different tribes?  They all seem to be pretty evenly matched in terms of melee and ranged cavalry.  I seem to encounter random foot soldiers, but I can't pick up a pattern on that either...

A high detailed mongol cavalry miniature, maybe useful ideas for warriors and horses in mongol mod.

http://www.geocities.com/modelismoveracruz/Ghenghis67890.html

Mongol armor and horse armor

http://www.jimmcdowall.org.uk/assets/images/db_images/db_Mongol_Cavalry_Leeds_Armoury1.jpg

Mongol items & gear:

http://www.mongolinternet.com/Boldsaikhan/Boldsaikhan.htm

1. Asking a random person in a town about the town causes some kind of code error.
2. The mission where you pay the ransom for a kidnapped girl doesn't work. When you've paid the ransom and delivered the girl a conversation starts, the girl says: "I will kill you!" or similar, and the player answers: "I'm not afraid. I will fight." This goes on forever, and I have to shutdown the game in order to end the conversation.
3. Taking quests where you are to hunt down a criminal hiding in a town sometimes causes the same problem, though you don't get stuck in the conversation, you just can't get into the fight with the person you are supposed to kill.

Back
Top Bottom