[Release Time? (Team)]

Users who are viewing this thread

Kardiophylax said:
Elenmmare said:
Alright, I'll get to work on the title screen. To be honest, I'm a bit apprehensive about dealing with all the alpha-layers and trying to make it look right.

It's no problem, it doesn't have to be in this first release necessarily.  I thought maybe you could just replace the mounted rider with the Talera logo you had already created for the mod selection screen.  I'd have no idea what else to put there.  Maybe just changing Mount & Blade to Chronicles of Talera at the top would be enough.  The scenes are certainly a more pressing issue, especially if some areas are unsiegable without cheats.

Besides, I'll be needing you for some pre-release battle balance testing before too long.  :wink:  That will be fun work though!

hey... can i join?? hahaha... both paladin bastard sword and illorian inquisitor saber are textured... if we can rig it in time... wanna put it in??

None really, just try and remember any bugs you find and don't release a leaked press download like some moron did with M&B :smile:.

so basically, it's a 'Prepare paper and pen while playing ' fiesta... nice... and i wouln't dun worry, even if i wanna, the internet line here in malaysia takes an hour or so to upload a youtube video, what more a mod... Uploading in Malaysia is juz Sh*t

Heh, I'm just joking with you mate. You can test it if you want.

Of course, that's if Kardio approves. Bugger's got all the work :smile:.

No worries, the development team can try the advanced copy if they want to.  It will be a sizeable download though, and subject to frequent changes, so expect to have to recompile it often as I update certain module files, that may or may not be savegame compatible.  That's a major factor as to why I don't want to publicly release yet.  I don't want people to have to keep starting new characters while minor tweaks are made.

I have intentionally left even Elenmmare in the dark on some of this stuff, not for my own selfish reasons, but rather so certain elements remain a surprise, such as what the quests entail.  Since it can't be a surprise for me as the designer, I figure everyone else may as well get one.  :grin:  He has had a lot of my ideas bounced off him though, so he knows more then most what to expect. 

I should have a beta ready soon for you guys to test with and suggest any balance changes.  It's hard for me to test all 5 factions and the new questline by myself.  I'd like to have a releaseable version pretty soon after that, pending the items I'm waiting on.  In the meantime, as you can see, I've got some items to work on.  I've also got guests in town through Dec 26th, which will slow my work down a little until then.  I am still working on it this week though, just probably not with as much time available right now.

It's going to cost you...    :eek:  please send those two models you have completed to me via email.  If you want, just put them both in 1 brf file and send the textures together with them in a zip.  Khandrak has one brf with all his models in it right now. 

I'd love to see the new bastard sword in game.  I don't have a spot for the saber yet, but I'll keep it on file for when I get a round to developing the Illoriaons a bit more in the next version.

Also, if you need more to texture, I have Elvenbow's models... hmm, which reminds me, I need to try some of the ones he textured ingame and see how they look... Looks like I still have some word to do. 

hmmm... but i sent them over to him. the bastard sword around two days ago and the saber last nite. i'm not exactly gud with brf and it keeps not wanting to load my .dds textures... hahaha

hope he put them in

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
hmmm... but i sent them over to him. the bastard sword around two days ago and the saber last nite. i'm not exactly gud with brf and it keeps not wanting to load my .dds textures... hahaha

hope he put them in

He may have.  I imagine he is saving them up so when he finishes the other models he's working on, he can send it all in the one file.

Khandrak said:
I'll wrap everything up tonight and send it to you, Kardio.

Awesome, you rock!

Guys, I'm hoping to have things ready for testing in the next couple days.  Guests being in town/staying at my house have caused progress to slow a little.  I did implement that knight siege mode (no lance) last night, which took awhile to work out.  I also discovered the Asaleth Knights were just doing too well, so I had to tone them down and others like the Plague up a little.  I probably still need to tone the damage down a wee bit on their thrusts from horseback.  The Feron absolutely tear them up after the initial charge, but the Illoriaons and Planelords are having some trouble with them.  I wish the AI wouldn't stop using bows just cause a couple horses hit the front line!  GRRR.

I need to implement the new sword model from Cookie, prepare that banner file so he can have it for texturing, create the Asaleth Sieging Knight weapon, and do a final review of balance.  After that it will be at least ready for internal testing until everything  else is ready.

Heh, no worries on the guests. My brother is stopping in here too, so I'll also be on less...

Darn family commitments :smile:.

i think giving them a morning star (toned down version) would be the best, maybe native's for the lords but a less painful version for the knights.. its slow and it doesn't hurt that bad, i think it's better that way... darn... i have to go out tomolo and Christmas day... no models from me for these two days.

No problem Cookie, if you have anything done before then just send it along, if not, it's ok. 

Yeah, my guests have been causing my kids to stay up about 1 1/2 - 2 hours later at night, which causes me to have less free time available.  I should have more time come Thursday through Sunday.  Until then I'll just keep trotting along.

Kardiophylax said:
Guests being in town/staying at my house have caused progress to slow a little.
Yeah, I hear you. My good friend who is a Marine is back home on leave before he goes to Iraq, and another friend of mine is home from College for a while, so I've been busier than normal recently  :wink:

Khandrak said:
I'll wrap everything up tonight and send it to you, Kardio.

I know you have some company in town and whatnot for the holidays, so just whenever you get a chance.  Thanks again, hope all is well!

Back
Top Bottom