• Scotland

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Man Island

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Ireland

Votes: 14 25.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

not true. and if that is how you think then scotland conquered englnad aswell. the old royal family used to bhe scottish then king william (or king billy as we call him) came over from holland and rallied the prodestants of britian against the catholics and we won the war. so we aren't conquered by the english. i actualy hate when people think england is the onlycountry in the U.K and that they conquered everyone when if you read the actual facts. they didn't.

I am against the UK. I believe in true piece. Even in m&b I try using diplomacy -whatever implemented- to avoid fights. I usually stop asking for fiefs/wars as far as I get my first Castle...

D1SC0 N1NJ4 said:
not true. and if that is how you think then scotland conquered englnad aswell. the old royal family used to bhe scottish then king william (or king billy as we call him) came over from holland and rallied the prodestants of britian against the catholics and we won the war. so we aren't conquered by the english. i actualy hate when people think england is the onlycountry in the U.K and that they conquered everyone when if you read the actual facts. they didn't.

i live in edinburgh and not once have a i heard of william being referred to as billy, nor have i ever heard his name from the mouths of my historically ignorant friends, plus william was more dutch than scottish, by earlier and later counts (namely edward (whom i assumed is not referred to as eddy) who made rather a good name for himself ironing the scots against his car bonnet, and culloden was fairly decisive too) scotland will have to be considered (by a neutral perspective) a conquered nation

D1SC0 N1NJ4 said:
heres a fun fact: scotland is the only country in the world not to have been totally conquered when people have tried it. we beat the romans the vikings and the english. and dismos it doesn't cost thet much to come to scotland unless you are american. because the econemy is going back to normal

the romans just didnt find the place worth conquering

economy back to normal? really? last i heard it was as bad as ever and old badger brows still has a fair bit of work to do

I like English, Scotish Welsh Irish and all the people that live in Britain, All the people that live in the world. I believe that being ruled by a King of another nation makes you conquered. Also being ruled by a King is conquest of your brains/beliefs (Hope that the people above do not find that against the rules, since democracy and freedom of speech are required for a forum to operate)... I hope one day North Ireland will be Irish once more, Wales will not have a Prince and have it's own will, the English will stop seing enemies at Normandy and the other lands and Scotland will be ruled by its people once more. Long live the highlands!

Actually I'll try to retexture a new armour today under tomylaw's request! Thanks  :razz:

EDIT: Here we are:
axeman-mail-fur133.jpg

D1SC0 N1NJ4 , my Scotish friend, you were coquered,BUT your spirit was never broken and you were fighting for your freedom,that's HUGE difference comparing to f.e....bohemians :wink: btw:i'm Polish so i know a lot about spirit,pride and freedom :smile: but if i should choose nation from this mod...i should go with england,cozz of cavalry (i'm cavalry man ;] ) btw:maybe you would implement Robin hood?And the lord of Nothingam (sp prolly) should have title 'sherif' ;]

Calathar: All Lord names are historical ones, based to nothing more -or less- than reality. Robin hood is a tale/legend that symbolizes the struggle of the poor peasants of Nothingham Village against their Sheriff that was pressing them with taxes and devastation. He was something like their Messiah, saviour, the broker of tyrany. Legens and tales do not have possition in my mod....

Actually, have I made that armour good?

tommylaw said:
D1SC0 N1NJ4 said:

i live in edinburgh and not once have a i heard of william being referred to as billy, nor have i ever heard his name from the mouths of my historically ignorant friends, plus william was more dutch than scottish, by earlier and later counts (namely edward (whom i assumed is not referred to as eddy) who made rather a good name for himself ironing the scots against his car bonnet, and culloden was fairly decisive too) scotland will have to be considered (by a neutral perspective) a conquered nation

D1SC0 N1NJ4 said:
heres a fun fact: scotland is the only country in the world not to have been totally conquered when people have tried it. we beat the romans the vikings and the english. and dismos it doesn't cost thet much to come to scotland unless you are american. because the econemy is going back to normal

the romans just didnt find the place worth conquering

economy back to normal? really? last i heard it was as bad as ever and old badger brows still has a fair bit of work to do

are you seriously telling me that you have never heard of king billy? he won th abttle of the boyd in 1690? and i say just outside glasgow nad food is cheaper than ever. petrol is 89p per litre an dropping. it's great over here. and the romans did try to conquer us. but we drove them back so they built hadrians wall.

Dimos quick question you know there is a file somewhere in the game folder in modules which one of them changes the skill max level because engineer skill 10 gets bit boring to wait 28 days i saw on other mod this guy increased to 15 and did in 9 day's do you know what folder or txt folder name it is?..... Post back ASAP if poss

D1SC0 N1NJ4 said:
are you seriously telling me that you have never heard of king billy? he won th abttle of the boyd in 1690? and i say just outside glasgow nad food is cheaper than ever. petrol is 89p per litre an dropping. it's great over here. and the romans did try to conquer us. but we drove them back so they built hadrians wall.

i've read about king william, but i doubt one in fifty pupils in my school knows who he is, and driving the romans back, heard of mons graupius? Agricola beat you with his left hand whilst taking a piss with his right

i don't know how you can't have heard of king billy. he was one of the major figures in british prodestant history. and with the romans i went to my uncle about this as he teaches history in collage. in his words. "the romans got to the hills and when i the narrow roads where they couldn't deploy full strength armies the were attacked by the tribes then the romans fell back and built hadrians wall. and he also says that scotland is the only country in living memory not to have been conquered.

Yeah, but Britonic peoples and Celtic tribes were living in Britain that era. Actually the walls build were one way to keep the army ready for attacks and away from taking part in the political backstage of Rome...

hadrins wall marked the edge of roman territory in britain. and it kept the romans safe from what they thought were savage barbarians.

of which they deemed not worth conquering, and i do know who king william was, just saying nobody else in my school (bar the history teahcer) dont

King willam of england :p.... I had brief leassons in school intill year 10 when i was forced to drop it for another subject but you can learn some value stuff from history. wish i could do it still bit to late to go back now.

Back
Top Bottom