Looking for new mod maintainer

Users who are viewing this thread

fisheye

Grandmaster Knight
Looks like the previous mod maintainers NCrawler and Gilrain have moved on to better things, and I'm too busy.

So if anyone wants to maintain this mod, please go ahead and take it over, otherwise it is dead.

Noo!

I was really looking forward to the 1.011 release :sad:
Now where am I going to get my Eastern Invader fix?

I'll look at the code and see if I can put anything together, however since I haven't coded for twenty years someone else should keep this mod up.

mfberg

I do not think I have the time, knowledge or dedication to do Band of Warriors justice. It is however my favorite mod for Mount&Blade, by a long shot.  Finding someone to take it over probably does not involve for that person a long term commitment to adding to the mod. All we really need is someone willing and able to port the latest materiel into the most recent build of Mount&Blade. I hope and expect that now that the game is no longer in beta, future patches will not break mod builds, which would require them to be again rebuilt.

Fisheye, could we get you to give us an estimate as to how much time it would take a reasonably intelligent, computer literate, beginning modder to get up to speed on the skills necessary to port Band of Warriors? As well, how many hours of work do you estimate the port would require to be fully functional?

I can probably give you a roadmap of simple steps which could get the thing ported in say 10-20 hours for someone familiar with the module system; with assistance from me.

Give me a rundown on what to do in order. I've got the troop/parties editor and item editor to do those fairly easily, the script integration is what I'm worried about.

mfberg

1. Organise the items file (in PYTHON, module_items.py) to sort them by type.

let me know when you've done that.

Damn, can't let this mod die! Well, I've just gotten back from two weeks in Okinawa, and I'm still fuzzy from the jet lag and karate training. Let me see how this week goes. I have a bunch of busy time coming up ahead, but maybe I can squeeze in some time to port at least some of the features. I wanted to port hero auto-equipping anyway, even if it was just for myself.

What I'd really prefer to do is to make more of a mod base, like fisheye intended, so that other modders can pick it up and start from there with the features like hero auto-equipping and stuff. I hated not having those BoW features in other, great mods :smile:

HC: to make it a mod base it makes sense to only port the auto-equipping and the rangers.

I'm 10% through a new version of the auto-equip that does not require you to even touch the items file AT ALL but I'm stalled due to lack of time. I use item_get_type instead of the clunky reorganize items-file trick.

...you know I can probably just upgrade that part in a few weeks. Let me get back to you on that.

Ok I finished porting the autoloot.

Beta testers post here and I will PM you the mod to test.

One bug so far:

While in the custom after-battle looting menu, talking to a Hero (after fighting some Looters) will cause the Looters' voice over to trigger, as well as show the Looters' dialog coming from the Hero. This makes it so that you can't talk to the Heroes from the looting screen. Repeatable two out of two times. I'm going to try with a different enemy party.

However, the auto-looting works so far.

EDIT: This only seems to happen with Looters. Didn't happen with Steppe Bandits or Sea Raiders - Hero dialog during the auto-loot screen works as expected.

v0002: attempted fix of above dialog bug; also resolved problem of heavy horses being perceived as having +1 difficulty by autoloot.

Excellent.

Well, I've made a start, the rest is up to you guys...  :grin:

BTW Hardcode are you porting the companions? I saw your questions on the other board.

No bugs, but a couple of little things.

The "tell all party members to upgrade as you do only drops one member at a time as you tell each one to upgrade on their own. \

The trees are missing foliage. Great look for the winter months, but a bit odd in the summer and spring.

mfberg

Will we be getting the rangers back? I really liked them to make identical kit troops.

Back
Top Bottom