Looking for new mod maintainer

Users who are viewing this thread

mfberg said:
The "tell all party members to upgrade as you do only drops one member at a time as you tell each one to upgrade on their own.

Please explain this again?

The trees have no foliage because I use Talak's no foliage mod, it is easy to turn that off for release.

The command "Tell all members to upgrade as you do." includes every companion, not just the ones currently in your party. This isn't a problem as long as people know that it works this way.

mfberg

That's an easy fix either way... I actually deliberately did it that way because I usually can't be arsed to repeat the command for each new guy I pick up. You're right that it's more logical to affect only the guys in the party though.

I think I'll keep it as-is for now. Thanks for the report.

For the rangers... no current plans to port them, but they are incredibly easy to port so I might do it some weekend when I'm feeling like wasting some time.

I'd like to change their method of recruitment though. I don't want Zendar floating around on the map anymore, it's totally out of place. Perhaps about four ranger masters can be free-floating around Calradia's taverns. But that might be a serious annoyance if you need rangers in a hurry and can't find them.

Actually, I shouldn't keep stringing people along like that.

Now that the autoloot is released as a piece of code that other people can add to their mod, I'm done.

I personally have no more plans to do any more work on this mod. Best of luck to anyone who wants to pick it up or use pieces of it, please go ahead and be my guest.

fisheye said:
BTW Hardcode are you porting the companions? I saw your questions on the other board.

Hey, been off the map today. I was messing around with getting new companions in the game. I guess you could say in preparation for porting over the old ones. I'll see what I can do with the code. As I'm graphically challenged, I can't do anything on my own in terms of BRF edit, meshes, textures, and all of that foreign stuff. I could continue (albeit at a slow pace these coming weeks) to try to port over things like random unique items and such. There's a lot in the mod now that happened after I left it, but some should be very easy to port - like variable prisoner sale rate and those scripts. I can start moving these scripts into 1.011.

HardCode said:
As I'm graphically challenged, I can't do anything on my own in terms of BRF edit, meshes, textures, and all of that foreign stuff. I could continue (albeit at a slow pace these coming weeks) to try to port over things like random unique items and such.

Check out Talak's Unique Item add on, its been updated to 1.010/11. Doesn't include the armors, but has weapons and some helms. (Ornate Crowned Helm is nice, looks good on King Harlus.)

I've got a little update on module_troops.py to upgrade top troop levels (Swadian Knights Sergeant, Vaegir Sharpshooters, Khergit Steppe Lords, Nord Marksmen (they already have the Nord Champion in), and Rhodok Master Sergeants. It also puts gloves for upper level troops and better horses for the lords. Next I'll put in rangers, and then try to move in the ranger-dress up code.

If you want me to upload my work or send it to you just tell me.

mfberg

How the hell are you going to get 100 background text writeups? Just 24 took me ****ing forever.

fisheye said:
How the hell are you going to get 100 background text writeups? Just 24 took me ****ing forever.

No ****! I added in 7 more test Heroes, and as dialog text I just used, "Intro", "Backstory A", "Backstory B", etc. And that took a long ass time!

Just noticed this thread, was disappointed about the death of activity at the BOWX forum.

Anyway, beta tester here if you'd still like another body to test out a port.

Sorry for the late reply. Tested the mod and it runs ok except for the small lag in dialogues and in autoloot NPCs don't recognize "strong" weapons of the same ability level.
For instance: In auto loot, Ymira, with archery level 0, drops the strong hunting bow she is equiped with unless I order her to keep it. Other than that everything is fine.
Cheers!

Can someone verify how much the "strong" imod increases the PD requirement of the bow?

EDIT: Oh, I see. ****ing hunting bows. That's the old stupid problem in M&B where imods don't increase the requirements of weapons with 0 requirement. I'll fix it.

Haha, awesome.

I can never tell Lyothas and Riovah apart in old BoW... I always equip them the same to spare myself the confusion.  :lol:

Bart and Kay look kindof weird, like their heads got flattened.

I suggest you make Nallin older, so his hair becomes more greyish. His old face looks older than the new one, so it wouldn't be a bad thing imho.

Oh and I hate the new Kakuin face, the old one was much better. But mentzioned the problem already, so there aren't much possibilities I guess...  :sad:

Dude you're out of luck, I've got no time to port the ranger stuff after all.

I can sketch an outline if you want...

It is actually very easy. The workhorse is this routine:

Code:
("copy_inventory", [
	# 1-1 copy of all inventory details
	(store_script_param_1, ":source"),
	(store_script_param_2, ":dest"),

(troop_clear_inventory, ":dest"),

(troop_get_inventory_capacity, ":inv_cap", ":source"),
	(try_for_range, ":i_slot", 0, ":inv_cap"),		
		(troop_get_inventory_slot, ":item", ":source", ":i_slot"),
		(troop_set_inventory_slot, ":dest", ":i_slot", ":item"),
		(troop_get_inventory_slot_modifier, ":imod", ":source", ":i_slot"),
		(troop_set_inventory_slot_modifier, ":dest", ":i_slot", ":imod"),
		(try_begin),
			(is_between, ":item", morale_boosters_begin, morale_boosters_end),
			(troop_inventory_slot_get_item_amount, ":amt", ":source", ":i_slot"),
			(troop_inventory_slot_set_item_amount, ":dest", ":i_slot", ":amt"),
		(try_end),
	(try_end),
]),

This copies the inventory of one troop onto another EXACTLY. So, to customise a troop (let's say, "trp_custom_troop"):

1. Define a dummy troop "trp_custom_selection" with the items you want to make available in the customization menu.
2. Copy the player's items to a backup troop (e.g. "trp_player_inventory_backup")
3. Copy the "trp_custom_selection"'s items to a looting troop (e.g. "trp_temp_troop")
4. Copy the "trp_custom_troop"'s items to the player
5. Open the loot screen to loot "trp_temp_troop"
6. Once looting is done, copy player items to "trp_custom_troop"
7. Also copy the player items to "trp_custom_troop_hero_version" - this is explained later
8. Copy player items back to player from the backup

Done!

One more thing: regular non-hero troops don't have their item lists saved in the savegame. So I have this trigger:

Code:
	(0,
		[
			(map_free),
			(troop_get_inventory_slot, ":item", "trp_check_loaded", 10),
			(eq,":item","itm_velvet"),
			(call_script, "script_reload_custom_troops"),
			(troop_clear_inventory, "trp_check_loaded"),
		]
	),

"trp_check_loaded" is a regular troop with just a velvet in its inventory. The idea is that when you load the savegame, it will have velvet in its inventory, and so we will update our custom troops, and then clear its inventory so it doesn't have the velvet anymore until the next time the game is loaded.

Updating the custom troops is simple. For each custom troop type, you need a corresponding troop with hero type (so its items are saved). Then to update the troop, just copy the items from the hero type to the regular type. Obviously every time you update the regular troop's inventory you also have to copy those items to the hero backup's inventory (step 7 above).

That's all. It's very simple.

Um, I know it might be annoying, but I still have a character with grey hair. Same as in my (old) avatar picture, my Leo Windblade was made with gray hair in the new head editor. So I wonder where that limit you talked about is supposed to be.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that there is a chance for getting the rangers into a 1.011-compatible version. That , additional characters and the well-sorted looting screen vere the main reasons for me to play nothing else than this mod. After all, real life is calling again and again, so I can't ask for much. Just wanted you to know that I appreciate the mod work very much. If I had enough time, I'd jump in myself.

You have my appreciation for continuing this mod for 1.011. Its a shame to let such a great mod die, and I can't wait for the port if it occurs. Thanks for the effort!

SantasHelper said:
Just curious, how did you get the white hair ?
I just set the age slider to maximum, then every random face will have grey to white hair.
I also checked DX7 and noticed some differences. You cant get grey hair with DX7, and some other things cannot be achieved. In DX9 mode the faces are much better, alowing for example really old looking faces with wrinkles and such. Skin looks more realistic in general.

Here is what I found in charExport:
face_key_1 = ffd0c3109
face_key_2 = 360188a91b71b6db

Then I compared the modes directly with my main char without changing any other settings:

dx7.jpg
dx9.jpg

Yes, they are both the same guy! Just switched the mode. I think there are much more possibilities with dx9 - more parameters, as can be seen in the face key (as long as it's not for security, you only chose a longer key if you need more different values, meaning more different faces here).
Why are you stuck to DX7?

Heh, I bought my computer in 2002. There were only two "upgrades": 1. a "new" graphic card that I got from a firend (because he upgraded his one), 2. a new mainboard because of all these damn standards (had to switch to SATA).
So my advice is: find someone who buys a new gc anyway and ask him to get his "old" one. That's good for the environment AND good for you.  :wink:

Oh, and for the faces we really should test them with dx9, since they may look completely different - and possibly not like wanted. Thats quite a bit work, but I might help with that. I'm not sure, but I think you can just change the face key in the char file, then import, then compare the new face with the wanted image, right? If it's that easy, I should have enough time to do that for some faces. I enjoyed BoW alot, after all, so I might give something.

Back
Top Bottom