Band of Warriors (Expanded) v1.3 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

linehand said:
Make a female character. Go somewhere that you can swing your weapon (a town or something). Swing your weapon a few times until you hear some of the attack sounds that characters make when they attack sometimes. It is horrible. She says "ARRRgghghEEEIEIEEhhghGGAAAUIOGhaiiiiaaaaaaaghhhgh!!" or something similarly exaggerated and long every other time she swings a weapon.

Yeah I've tested and got the same result... we'll look into it.
Quick fix, start a male character. :roll:
I've gone over the code and I can't find anything that should cause this.

Miko[PL] said:
Woots! Craftmod!

Yeah yeah, just let us catch our breath before we dive into .960... :wink:

Zathan

Well, I have no clue what I am doing but I did see in the Sounds.txt file these lines

woman_hit_1.ogg 112
woman_hit_2.ogg 112
woman_hit_3.ogg 112
woman_fall_1.ogg 160

But in the Sounds directory there are no such sounds

Could the Engine be getting confused by trying to pull some sounds from the mods files while pulling others from original data files? I realize that this kind of thing probably shouldn't happen but when I have worked on other softwares sometimes problems crop up that don't really make sense. Maybe just including the woman sounds in the mods sound directory could fix the issue?

linehand said:
Well, I have no clue what I am doing but I did see in the Sounds.txt file these lines

woman_hit_1.ogg 112
woman_hit_2.ogg 112
woman_hit_3.ogg 112
woman_fall_1.ogg 160

But in the Sounds directory there are no such sounds

Could the Engine be getting confused by trying to pull some sounds from the mods files while pulling others from original data files? I realize that this kind of thing probably shouldn't happen but when I have worked on other softwares sometimes problems crop up that don't really make sense. Maybe just including the woman sounds in the mods sound directory could fix the issue?

I did not edit any files pertaining to female characters.  The four files listed above are Native located in the Mount&Blade\Sounds folder.  I'll look into it...

NC

hehe putting craftmod into other mods has always been talked about, but the past release was (apparently) such a mess of code, it never happened... maybe new things could be afoot though  :shock:

Well, we just got this release out :razz: Work will commence on a version for 0.960 once this version, for 0.903, has been totally polished up to a nicely playable condition. If anyone is stuck for a .903 download, i guess head over to the repository. Should be one there.
Time frames aren't easy to give I'm afraid... take your pick from any of the classic game dev answers... "soon", "shortly", "later this week", "when it's ready", etc etc. No real answer to be honest. Depends on how much time the BoW developers have for coding. You have to realise how much work has been put into this one to understand that these things dont just happen overnight... not when these guys have real jobs and a real life as well :grin:

yeah I already download this mod is great... And i will wait until next year if that is required for moderators to do this mod for .960...
I know that the job is so hard... the BoW rules  :razz: :razz:

Zathan said:
G36E said:
Wounds can be turned off right?

To clarify,
you choose to either play with wounds or not when starting up a new game. It can't however, be toggled on/off after you have started your new character.

Zathan

Isn't that the companion seriously wounded/lightly wounded part? Unless the BOW team added the option as no hero wounds as well.

It doesn't work. You still get wounded if you turn it off, the only option is to remove the script completely (or comment it out, but I'm too lazy) if you don't want wounds.

I didn't like the wounding system either G36E. But I gave it a shot and still don't love it but you learn to be wiser as to who's gonna fight you. Takes away the suicide approach you have when you know you can't be permanently harmed and keeps me away from the melee furballs where anything can happen and you have no control over thing.
I say this (the wounding system) is an acquired taste and not so bad after you get used to it.
Cheers!

Is there a way to get the armour of the ''Zendar Justiciars'' because I have searched everywhere for it.

Here are some screenshots to show you what I am talking about:

Image 1:

Image 2:

Image 3:

Image 4:

lancer63 said:
I didn't like the wounding system either G36E. But I gave it a shot and still don't love it but you learn to be wiser as to who's gonna fight you. Takes away the suicide approach you have when you know you can't be permanently harmed and keeps me away from the melee furballs where anything can happen and you have no control over thing.
I say this (the wounding system) is an acquired taste and not so bad after you get used to it.
Cheers!

After I get used to 22 days out of action from a Pirate Crewman's headshot. Right. I deleted the script from mission_templates, pm me if you want it (i.e. too lazy to cut it out).

linehand said:
You aren't out of action for 22 days, you just have to be really careful for 22 days.

Yup! basically that's what you have to do. Remember that the wounding system was designed to keep you from being a super warrior by level 15.

Have you seen my luck? Trust me, you don't want to. :lol:
First battle as a mercenary of the Zendar Alliance, a PIRATE CREWMAN headshots me with his Pirate Ship Musket, I lose my arming sword and receive a heavy blow to the head.
Second battle 3 days later, against 10 River Pirates, I get headshotted again with a broken leg.
Third battle to regain my arming sword, I killed them all, yay...
Fourth battle, I get headshotted by a pistol and completely recover, however I lose my musket, hence causing me to whine about the wounding system in addition to the item loss...

End note: Why do crewmen have pistols and muskets? I'd have thought it would be the captains and lieutenants and quartermasters with those.

G36E said:
End note: Why do crewmen have pistols and muskets? I'd have thought it would be the captains and lieutenants and quartermasters with those.

Cause these be rich and opulent pirates ladie!!  :mrgreen:
Pirate's favorite pastime is painting a bullseye on your forehead and beting on who's gonna get you first. That may be the single most dangerous situation for your character's early life. These guys aren't the stone throwing fodder of native and, while still a pushover, they can pose a real threat to your character's health.
I advise zigzaging if you're mounted and praying hard if on foot.  :razz: Cause one shot can do 70 HP damage on ideal conditions, of which my mounted archer suffers a lot, and murderously cruel for characters that only max 50 HPs althogether.

Btw. Last night I got a broken arm (-1 strenght), 12 days later a broken leg (-3 strenght, -1 agility, -1 ironhide), 25 days later it was made permanent by a slash on me forehead (-1 intelligence) and that was toped by a major wound to my head (-2 char, -2 intelligence) 6 days later. Then and there I decided to start wearing armor. And I'm not kidding.

Well I'm lvl 21 now and I haven't seen any eastern raiders..

Have they been removed  :shock:  :cry:

Why? They were my favorite thing in BoW Ex..

Can I edit a file to get them back in my game?

Back
Top Bottom