Hi guys. I want to propose a global change in gameplay and graphics.

Users who are viewing this thread

SpeedLucky

Recruit
My name is Andrey. I live in Russia.
I have an idea about reworking the gameplay and graphics of the game.

Tell us about yourself:
2 years ago I quit my job to make my dream game.
last year I spent on studying UE4,
and the creation of 3D models.

I tried to look for guys on the forums in our country, but everything is empty, empty in the heads, and most importantly in the hearts.

That's why I'm here)
I want to breathe new life into that game.

PS: I will be glad to every opinion
(Not that I have no chat with anyone, I just want to feel the mood among the masses of people)

SpeedLucky said:
I forgot about the most important thing, I am looking for a person to consult.
I am ready to do all the work alone, but I don’t want to waste time studying the documentation.
More precisely, I am ready to waste time studying the documentation, but only that which my teacher and conductor will point out in this engine)

Edith - Use the modify button on the top right of your post to avoid double posting.

You are unlikely to find someone that will teach you without a more proactive stance on your part. (Well unless you are looking to pay someone.)

You attract support and help by pursuing specific projects and specific questions, which showcase that you have put in some legwork. Alternatively, you can join an existing team and learn through supporting them.

Having said that, welcome to M&B modding nonetheless :smile:

Thanks you Duh.

I will try to create a list of questions in the hope that the community will help me answer them.
I really like the combat system in the engine.
I want to make my game on UE4, but at the moment I do not have the necessary amount of knowledge to create such a battle system in the UE4 engine. And I honestly scared while starting to write code.
And I would like to try to rehearse my idea on the engine M&B Warband.

I am ready to do all the models and animations myself, especially since I already have experience.
https://www.artstation.com/speedlucky
https://gamedev.ru/files/images/?user=75430
This is not a portfolio, these are just pieces from my learning process.
2c7c35385b31c20116ef06cc69f1d611.jpg

8fd7c95202e1b7bf99f383761dec3baa.jpg

51fd537d85a235782de6b277c1518960.jpg

fbad4d8e021138156a09edb5ae42e7b1.jpg

not sure what you are trying to do, but if your intention is to create a M&B-like game with UE4 graphics then you should wait for Bannerlord and use that for modding.

Do smaller stuff for now and learn more about how to mod with Warband, that way you will have teh skills when Bannerlord is here (whatever that is).

It is a simple question of time. Warband is ancient tech, but still took years of work for a small team of people. Bannerlord is taking years with a team of up to ~70 people. You will not be able to do anything close to either of them by yourself, but using Bannerlord as a fundation will give you plenty of stuff to use.

Just a small and innacurate calculation: 5 years * 60 people working full time = 300 years-of-man-work ~= 600k hours-of-man-work

kalarhan said:
Do smaller stuff for now and learn more about how to mod with Warband, that way you will have teh skills when Bannerlord is here (whatever that is).
Alternatively, do the unity coding tutorials. It will give you a basic grasp of C# (which will be the language for BL) and the editor is supposedly similar to the Bannerlord one.

The Warband module system will not really provide you with much in terms of Bannerlord beyond an understanding of the game world and a relatively easy entry into coding. The latter, however, suffers from it being a unique scripting language that's not used anywhere else. Not even in Bannerlord :razz:

Back
Top Bottom