0.95x release?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey,
just wondering when this mod is going to get a port over to 0.95x. in all fairness, i wouldnt expect a port until its stable again, but just asking if theres any vague timeframes floatin around yet.

I'll state what I've read several times around here, once even by the developer person (he does exist!). Next time its out is for 1.0 and then it will be truly kickass. If its really good it might even have Scotland  :grin:

I'm just wondering, why you needed it ported? Is there some feature that 0.903 lacks that later versions have which you badly need? Because I don't see it m'self..

The new version is all shiny and new, who needs new features. I wouldn't be caught dead using an inferior make from 0.95x, but I really don't care and all the mods I like are for 903 and the guys, Fujiwara and Markus, would rather wait for the finished product than waste time on modding something that will probably come out too late to meet the newest version anyways.

Dain Ironfoot said:
I'm just wondering, why you needed it ported? Is there some feature that 0.903 lacks that later versions have which you badly need? Because I don't see it m'self..

The new versions load saved games in a matter of seconds compared to .903. If anything, that alone is worth it.

Dagda said:
Dain Ironfoot said:

The new versions load saved games in a matter of seconds compared to .903. If anything, that alone is worth it.
Yes spend weeks porting the mod to a new version so that we don't have to wait 2-5 minutes when we want to load a game, and then do it again when a newer version (hopefully the last version, 1.) comes out in a few months.

Dagda said:
Dain Ironfoot said:

Bad reason, you fail.

The point is that a lot of the new work is graphical and the entire thing is a moot point because the module system is still not out. So shut the **** up.

If a tool like that could be made that easily it would have been. Trust me. Everything changes.

In conclusion you are an idiot who has little to no awareness of what is going on around you.

And you're a bloody weirdo.

None of those reasons you give give any real incentive to port. It's not like the jump from 0.808 to 0.890 where they eliminated archer shuffle, added ragdoll and so many other things. There's no reason for him to port until we hit 1.0.

Plus we don't have the module system.

Go away.

In a nutshell...

No.

I'll port to M&B V1 when the time comes.

Other than that, I have to finish and release the 1.2 patch for the 0.903 version of the mod.

Santa you really shouldn't throw rocks when in a glass house, your the one being impolite and bullying people, blowing one simple comment out of proportion and saying things like "I'm surprised natural evolution didn't exterminate insects like you  :mrgreen:". Yeah, thats not offensive or hateful because you put a smiley on the end. There IS essiantly nothing new in .95, nothing thats worth the work involved for modding and yet you insist there is. Its also not really rude to say theres nothing in .95, its a step towards the next version, it doesn't need a bunch of new features, maybe just to smooth some edges, like 6 saves, who really needs that, game takes enough time when you play with 1 or 2 or 3 chars per mod. I doubt conquest will ever work properly in a environment with balanced factions, one minute the Brits are beating all of Mercia next Mercia has raided every village in Wales and put siege to a city (uselessly cause nothing ever seems to come of that, 70-150 vs. 300 with a good defensive position). If you understand why then stop bothering us with your opinion about how we're morons cause we don't want it.

Just because the guy doesn't know about modding you as much as the average godly amazing worshiped mod maker doesn't mean he should be flamed for being ignorant. We were all "newbs" at one time. He stopped saying it should be ported and was going on because you guys were being really mean and impatient with him. In the eyes of the average person, porting a mod to a new version may not seem hard even though it is. Some people don't want two mount and blade installs, or would like to play their favorite mods with the new version tweaks. If you guys were a bit more patient you wouldn't be arguing with him.

You need to work on your litercay as well as your programming. I didn't say .95 is worse, I just said everything I play is on .903 so why would I bother, alot of idiots assume that because something is newer means that it is vastly superior, .95 isn't, its a step towards the end which will be a major improvement. I didn't say you were pressuring anyone, but you are insisting that .95 is the best version out there. It can have all of the features in the world but if it doesn't have the mods I like then its no good to me, I still do play .808 for some of the older mods which will probably never get a more advanced form. My point in much of that is your insulting people, swearing and saying they are less than human and should die and yet you say they are being impollite and insulting you. Thats it for my conversation with you as you seem to be ignoring what I'm actually saying and repeating yourself.

And X23, check whos posting what, he never said it should be ported, that was Ragnar, he said that we're stupid for thinking the newest version isn't the best thing since sliced bread and that we are insulting the creator by suggesting its not worth the time to get it to the new one. I'd also like to point out, Markus, who is as far as I know the only one actually working on this, is not argueing, merely other people who have read the posts where he has said a few times its going to skip the .95 step.

Lowlandlord said:
And X23, check whos posting what, he never said it should be ported, that was Ragnar, he said that we're stupid for thinking the newest version isn't the best thing since sliced bread and that we are insulting the creator by suggesting its not worth the time to get it to the new one. I'd also like to point out, Markus, who is as far as I know the only one actually working on this, is not argueing, merely other people who have read the posts where he has said a few times its going to skip the .95 step.
Oh sorry, I thought he was the OP. Still, the one guy telling him to shut the **** up still made things bad. when it comes to people arguing like this, you just have to take the higher ground and ignore them if they choose not to listen to what you are saying. You were being nice all of the time though.

SantasHelper said:
Lots of rambling badly written rubbish about how we're evil and insult the developers blah blah blah and general overreacting for pointing out that there's not really any new features that make us modders strongly desire to shift our mods to what is only ever going to be an intermediate version in the march up to 1.0. Which has no tools.
Some general mutterings where he tries to prove his superior intelligence

See? You're a weirdo :razz:

I forced myself to read the general drivel of your post. Gods but I'd like that part of my life back please. Nowhere did we ever say that the new version is inferior or anything else that goes on in your fevered mind. We simply pointed out that there's nothing really cool or new for modders that makes us scream "Yes! We must port!" like we did between 0.808 - 0.890. Sure it'd be nice to have stuff at the latest version, but on the other hand, the mods function fine on the older version. It's not like 0.808 where I can barely bare to even play great mods like TLD due to the problems that version had with archer shuffle and such.

What a pointless thread this has become, should it not be locked? your question has been answered, flaming has begun and this post is now pretty useless.

Im looking forward to the v.1 port (If It happens) that's what most mods are on hold for anyway.

So does the internet send out waves or something that turns people into mindless, shambling mounds? you all sound like a bunch of nerds trying to out**** each other  :neutral:

it's always "here's my opinion" then someone will go "**** you" then they'll retaliate, then someone will HAVE to make a comment about someone else grammar or punctuation, im fed up of tunneling through threads with everyone trying to be a smartass, kissing ass to a more popular member or something, christ you're all so ****ing retarded when you wanna be ¬_¬.

Don't you dare give up on this mod by the way :razz:

...and that's a wrap.

To possibly mis-quote the wonderfully verbose Sergeant Marcus Fenix:

'Get back in your holes!'

Topic Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom