The Most Dangerous Game II - All Manor of Secrets (Day 8) - 5 ALIVE

Users who are viewing this thread

MaHuD said:
Llandy said she is having some internet-access troubles, or other technical issues. So please standby, I am sure she will work on this once it is all fixed.

1xad0y.jpg

I know I'm probably annoying all of you at this stage (not that anybody is still following this), but this - I find - is the worst case of game abandonment I've seen so far. In the past, games have been abandoned, but nobody cared because there were already plenty of people waiting in line to start the next one. Given the state of the forum, this is a huge letdown. Not that I expected this game to reignite the community, but more that it makes it painfully obvious that we all wasted a bunch of time on nothing (not the least Llandy herself, who must have spent a lot of time preparing all those story bits). While this could be theoretically said of any game, at least if there's a reward or resolution at the end, it was worth it. And while the process in itself is supposed to be the fun part, this specific game was just supposed to get into the "fun" section of figuring it all out. Abandoning it now is...well...it sucks! Big time.

I'm sure everybody has plenty of good reasons for that, as usual. Still I find it disappointing, even if I shouldn't care anymore since I'm dead anyway. I guess I'm just too much a man of principle.  :facepalm:

Big McLarge-Huge said:
I know I'm probably annoying all of you at this stage (not that anybody is still following this), but this - I find - is the worst case of game abandonment I've seen so far. In the past, games have been abandoned, but nobody cared because there were already plenty of people waiting in line to start the next one. Given the state of the forum, this is a huge letdown. Not that I expected this game to reignite the community, but more that it makes it painfully obvious that we all wasted a bunch of time on nothing (not the least Llandy herself, who must have spent a lot of time preparing all those story bits). While this could be theoretically said of any game, at least if there's a reward or resolution at the end, it was worth it. And while the process in itself is supposed to be the fun part, this specific game was just supposed to get into the "fun" section of figuring it all out. Abandoning it now is...well...it sucks! Big time.

I'm sure everybody has plenty of good reasons for that, as usual. Still I find it disappointing, even if I shouldn't care anymore since I'm dead anyway. I guess I'm just too much a man of principle.  :facepalm:

Yeah, I'd like to apologize for my role in all this - ultimately, I didn't really understand how to play this game, so I lost interest and more or less gave up before being murdered. Sorry everyone!

No worries, Moose...we could have gotten rid of you if we were proactive enough. Sure, lurking players are a problem, but you weren't that bad.

Also, at this stage I doubt it's Internet-connection issues for Llandy, but she probably just lost interest in this again and disappeared, it's not the first time.

If this happens to a player, that's one thing, I'd just wish a host who loses all motivation would just ask somebody (like me, I was dead already anyway) to take over the hosting and finish this. I remember years ago we had games with replacement hosts, that was a good idea, but back then we had a bigger player pool as well...

Magorian Aximand said:
Well, she hasn't been online for quite some time. If it were just lack of interest in the game, I don't see why that would keep her off of the forum entirely.

It's not so much lack of interest in the game that I suspect, but her taking a break from the forum in general. That has happened before, and not only to her  :roll:

Sooooo sorry guys. There are no good excuses for me not trying to get back here sooner. Just to keep you in the loop, dog #1 got scheduled for a fairly serious operation at very short notice (she's fine now, just going through the rehab stuff) and I've felt the need to seek a new job... which, after a pretty gruelling 2-month application/interview process, I'll be starting on 19th February.

I was hoping to have this game wrapped up at least a week sooner than I'd scheduled... but when the call came for the dog op, I had to prioritise. Every moment that I haven't been trying to secure employment has been spent juggling 2 dogs who, until the New Year, couldn't be out of their cages together due to the risk of dog #1's leg being broken again. After I've had chance to catch up on any moderator developments, I'll back-track and see where people got to with their guesses, and post the resolution for you. You've been a great bunch of players, and I'm really sorry I let you all down. :sad:

(for the record, I did have computer issues at one point, and after 2 fresh Windows installs and about 3 days with Microsoft employees logged into my computer, they told me they didn't know why I couldn't connect to my account, only for me to find out a couple of weeks later that it was because of that general Microsoft account issue that affected users worldwide. Idiots. But that was before I had the dogmergency)

Good to know things settled down on your end. And congrats on the new job.

Looking forward to the end of this mystery, even though I already know everything.  :razz:

Back
Top Bottom