Battle of Bucharest 2017 - Finals Format and Information

Users who are viewing this thread

Kind of pathetic knowing that the AE team was knocked out in the 2nd round, yet other teams passed onto the 3rd round. I am baffled to not see why none of the 4 teams that lost in the 3rd round were not given the option to go, yet only AE, who was KNOCKED OUT in the 2ND ROUND get to go. Pathetic if you ask me and such a waste of talent wasted in this game for many players who passed through to the 3rd round and shown much skill and heart towards the game..only to be driven to the dirt like they was nothing.

Sho said:
Kind of pathetic knowing that the AE team was knocked out in the 2nd round, yet other teams passed onto the 3rd round. I am baffled to not see why none of the 4 teams that lost in the 3rd round were not given the option to go, yet only AE, who was KNOCKED OUT in the 2ND ROUND get to go. Pathetic if you ask me and such a waste of talent wasted in this game for many players who passed through to the 3rd round and shown much skill and heart towards the game..only to be driven to the dirt like they was nothing.

Out of the 11 teams contacted, two complete responses were received (Frontline Tactics and Apis Europae Yellow). 

People do work, remember that Shema. Besides, There were actually more teams who gave in details like Charlinis team and CFC as far as I'm aware. People are forgetting that Captain lust violated his own rules to allow tiger white to swap teams to unity because Maximou cannot attend. CFC needed a small amount of time after the deadline to gather their 5th passport details. Tiger white was allowed to go hours after the deadline.

no esports community in the world is nice Kragen  :lol:

We just have to suck up the fact its warband lite in 5v5 and maybe you think different teams will go, maybe if they get decent viewing figures they will give the next one more time to get everything right.

*edot* not trying to flame the tournament or players ofc :razz: i just find 5v5 warband really really boring to watch :sad: hope it works out well

Shemaforash said:
Out of the 11 teams contacted, two complete responses were received (Frontline Tactics and Apis Europae Yellow). 

Not completly true. My team also responded, we just couldn't do it within the given time. We needed an hour more because half of us were at work.

Fietta said:
People do work, remember that Shema. Besides, There were actually more teams who gave in details like Charlinis team and CFC as far as I'm aware. People are forgetting that Captain lust violated his own rules to allow tiger white to swap teams to unity because Maximou cannot attend. CFC needed a small amount of time after the deadline to gather their 5th passport details. Tiger white was allowed to go hours after the deadline.

Fietta figured it out yeh :razz: Damn Carpe XD

Its just sad the qualifier had nothing to do with skill, just a lot of luck.
I mean one map single elimination is really sad, also what buggs me the most is that our team didnt had the chance to battle the spot out in a quick match rather then waiting for 3 hours for a decision which had nothing to do with anything but luck again. And teams (Aqualitas/Unity) breaking rules just go through like nothing, this has nothing to do with esports its just an eshow, ignoring your own rules is ****ing sad, and has to do absolutly nothing with courtesy its only convinience on your part Lust. I know you got a lot of unneccesary critic, but to treat the people who follow rules like that is ****ed up to say the least, huge disappointment.. i always tried to defend you to my teammates, for the last time.

Firunien said:
Its just sad the qualifier had nothing to do with skill, just a lot of luck.
I mean one map single elimination is really sad, also what buggs me the most is that our team didnt had the chance to battle the spot out in a quick match rather then waiting for 3 hours for a decision which had nothing to do with anything but luck again. And teams (Aqualitas/Unity) breaking rules just go through like nothing, this has nothing to do with esports its just an eshow, ignoring your own rules is **** sad, and has to do absolutly nothing with courtesy its only convinience on your part Lust. I know you got a lot of unneccesary critic, but to treat the people who follow rules like that is ****ed up to say the least, huge disappointment.. i always tried to defend you to my teammates, for the last time.

We learned at midnight that Maximou's mother changed her mind about the tournament, Maximou told us that she agreed to let him go and that everything was ok. How were we supposed to know that it would happen ? What would you have done ? Kick Unity and replace the whole team while 4 players had already their tickets,... ?

Find a player that wasn't on a team. The problem wasn't substitutions as a whole but the subsidised player. In this case you took a player from a different team from the tournament which violates the ruleset. It's not Unity's fault, it's the fact that Lust allowed it. Time constraints is a bad excuse to make god-awful decisions.

You want to blame someone ? Then blame the players who said that they would come and didn't.

But don't blame someone who has a job to do, has time constraints and who did what he had to do by necessity.

V-Caius-V said:
You want to blame someone ? Then blame the players who said that they would come and didn't.

But don't blame someone who has a job to do, has time constraints and who did what he had to do by necessity.

The teams that applied and couldn't come are the main problem, but the lack of plans from Lust made everything worse. He assumed that all players could go. The main problem was pressure. Time constraints is a bad excuse to make bad decisions. Lust could have sorted it much better than he did. There should always be a plan of action if things go wrong.... there wasn't any.

EDIT: I'm currently posting everything on my phone, sorry if sentences are strange.

Fietta said:
He assumed that all players could go.

He didn't assume anything, literally was plastered over every thread to only sign up if you could make it.

Anyway, more importantly, no booze. How am I gonna make conversation with anyone? Gonna have to actually be nice I guess.

OurGloriousLeader said:
Fietta said:
He assumed that all players could go.

He didn't assume anything, literally was plastered over every thread to only sign up if you could make it.

Anyway, more importantly, no booze. How am I gonna make conversation with anyone? Gonna have to actually be nice I guess.

We have to postpone the grainfield date either way :sad:((((((((((((((((((((((((((

AnchorTheMean said:
(3) under the international rules of the esports federation, alcohol and drugs are not allowed for the entire duration of the event, i.e. from May 18 through May 21. A breach of this rule will lead to DSQ. If we DSQ one player, we DSQ the whole team"

????

rip :ohdear:

Firstly, it's important to make it clear that treating Apis Europae Yellow differently (positively or negatively) just because they have a sister-team in the tournament would be completely unfair. Hopefully everyone can see the reasons for that.

The plan, if someone was unable to attend, was to take quick and decisive action to ensure we can execute a successful tournament in Bucharest. That is exactly what was done and members of the team from LEF and partners stayed up late into the night to fix the issue.

Again, while some frustration is understandable for those so close to attending the finals but narrowly missing out, please bear in mind the fact that we did not want to have to replace teams. We wanted all of the qualified teams to attend the finals in Bucharest and worked very hard to make that happen.

When it didn't, we took every step to ensure a fair decision was made as fast as possible, in order to maximise the chances that we could get four teams in Bucharest. When the 3 hour deadline was set, we had no idea if we would even get a team to go at such short notice. There is also that risk that even if a team provided details, it would be impossible to arrange their travel at such a late date (without renting a private jet etc.). There is even the risk now that a player fails to attend because they forget their passport or don't wake up on time or just change their mind about coming. These are the issues that are a reality of running a live event and anyone who genuinely wants to see the scene grow needs waking up to the realisation that this is how professional events are organised. For us, any team that didn't provide the details in the deadline we set was completely out of consideration when we were looking for people who need to be active and responsive to multiple requests over the next 24 hours. That is not an unreasonable demand.

We of course would love to announce sooner and have the luxury of flexibility that time would have given us. This time, that wasn't possible but it is absolutely a consideration for future events.

Right now, we have four excellent teams, a brilliant set of duelists and are looking forward to a fantastic event in Bucharest.

Everyone involved in the event has dedicated a lot of their time to responding to people over the past few weeks. More than enough allowance has been given for people to vent and further destructive posts will simply be removed.

Maximou told us that he could not attend the event. TigerWhite was on ts with us and was 100% sure that he could go. We had to find a player as fast as possible to not delay Sergei's work and that's what we did. End of the story :smile:

Back
Top Bottom