Laptop freezes when plugging the charger in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

I encounter this problem for about a week now, and it really gets on my nerves. What happens is that whenever I plug the charger in or out, the laptop freezes completely for about half a minute. I tried switching off PCI Express to no avail. What could be the issue?

Note:
About two weeks ago I have updated my AMD card, but since that's the dedicated one, I can't see the any problem with that.
Windows is updated.
No hardware changes.

Did you check the power saving settings?

You most likely didn't touch it, but it is worth a try.

Change everything to maximum performance and turn off the energie saving options (just take an other energie-saving-plan (German=Energiesparplan) to test it so you don't mess anything else up)

Also you could uninstall the latest windows update or reset your computer if there exists a Windowsbackup from the last date it used to work.

Mine is set to always stay on balanced, and the screen brightness is set to maximum both when plugged in or on battery. Using another power plan doesn't work either.

I fear it has something to do with the motherboard or the HDD, and currently I'm really not in that state when I could afford a repair.

Back
Top Bottom