[FAQ & Guide] Version 1.170 Server Compatibility Break - UPDATED

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
UP TO DATE SERVER FILES http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_dedicated_1170.zip

Captain Lust said:
UPDATE 3: Welp! The executable changed again :smile:

Here is RC2 and I've got a very good feeling about it.

http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_dedicated_1170_RC2.zip

UPDATE 2:

Okay so we've updated the files again and produced a release candidate for the server files: http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_dedicated_1170_RC1h.zip

This includes the new assets that you need to run your own Invasion servers too.

If you are running a server for a mod or DLC, and you have taken one of the previous executables we provided, then you will need to upgrade to this one to avoid issues - sorry!

For Native, it is recommended you update with these files and you'll need to add the line:

Code:
compatible_multiplayer_version_no = 1170

to the "module.ini" file (more detailed instructions in the previous update!). Don't add this line for non - Native compatible servers (i.e. mods/DLCs)

There is a chance we'll update the server files again before release but it's very unlikely that the executables will change again - so the new files will only be critical if you want to host an Invasion server. If you want to be contacted about this and aren't already on my messaging/mailing list, send me a PM and I'll make sure to keep you up to date with releases.

Sorry for the back and forth on this one - releases tend to be a fairly chaotic time but we're doing our best to make sure to keep you informed!

UPDATE:

Captain Lust said:
Update to this... the switch has been delayed to:

Captain Lust said:
What time is this happening? 18 GMT (UK Time) Monday 19th December 10 AM GMT (UK Time) Tuesday 20th December

this is because the executable needed a slight tweak to prevent issues with the DLCs.

Here is the updated executable file download: http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_dedicated_1170_exeonly_updated.zip (see UPDATE 2)

IMPORTANT:For Native servers, you'll also need to add the line

Code:

to the file

"Mount&Blade Warband Dedicated\Modules\Native\module.ini"

Please accept our apologies and hopefully this message reaches you in time! I'll be contacting everyone who provided me their details right now to let them know.

Hey all,

Setting up this thread as a way to give out information on the server compatibility break tomorrow. Hopefully we can make this as smooth as possible for everyone! Here are the basic details:

What time is this happening? 18 GMT (UK Time) Monday 19th December 10 AM GMT (UK Time) Tuesday 20th December
What's going to happen exactly? Mount & Blade: Warband on Steam will update with a new version set for multiplayer. This means that compatibility will be broken with currently hosted servers. Essentially it means that any servers, which haven't been updated, won't be join-able by the vast majority of players on Steam, which means the vast majority of players.
How can problems be avoided? Servers need to be updated.

I'm a hoster. How do I update my server? The simplest way to update and keep compatibility is to replace your current executable file with the file in this archive: (mb_warband_dedicated_1170_exeonly.zipmb_warband_dedicated_1170_exeonly_updated.zip) and restart your server. If you want to host your own Invasion mode servers, you'll have to wait for the updated server files which will only be finalised tomorrow. So our recommendation is that you have the updated executable ready to go at 18GMT tomorrow 10 AM GMT (UK Time) Tuesday 20th December and push that out, to keep your servers open to the majority of players.

I'm a player. How do I make sure my clan/favourite server(s) stay up-to-date?  Get in touch with your server providers and link them to this thread!

Will this affect DLC servers? Nope, but there's no harm in updating either!

Will this affect mod servers? That depends whether or not the mod has versioning set in its "module.ini" file. Most of the big ones probably use this to keep incompatible versions apart already. If you're not sure, link someone who'll know more (like the mod creator or a server provider) to this thread.

Feel free to ask any other questions in the thread here and I'll add extra details to the OP if necessary!

Update to this... the switch has been delayed to:

Captain Lust said:

this is because the executable needed a slight tweak to prevent issues with the DLCs.

Here is the updated executable file download: http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_dedicated_1170_exeonly_updated.zip

IMPORTANT:For Native servers, you'll also need to add the line

Code:

to the file

"Mount&Blade Warband Dedicated\Modules\Native\module.ini"

Please accept our apologies and hopefully this message reaches you in time! I'll be contacting everyone who provided me their details right now to let them know.

Is the current beta on Steam supposed to be compatible with the updated server exe?  I tried joining to test things out ahead of time but the game immediately crashes.

915fad6752.png

Kipper said:
Is the current beta on Steam supposed to be compatible with the updated server exe?  I tried joining to test things out ahead of time but the game immediately crashes.

915fad6752.png
Hmm... there might be a problem with the previous executables.

We've now prepared release candidate server files so please go ahead and try those out with the latest Invasion beta! http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_dedicated_1170_RC1.zip

UPDATE 2:

Okay so we've updated the files again and produced a release candidate for the server files: http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_dedicated_1170_RC1.zip

This includes the new assets that you need to run your own Invasion servers too.

If you are running a server for a mod or DLC, and you have taken one of the previous executables we provided, then you will need to upgrade to this one to avoid issues - sorry!

For Native, it is recommended you update with these files and you'll need to add the line:

Code:

to the "module.ini" file (more detailed instructions in the previous update!). Don't add this line for non - Native compatible servers (i.e. mods/DLCs)

There is a chance we'll update the server files again before release but it's very unlikely that the executables will change again - so the new files will only be critical if you want to host an Invasion server. If you want to be contacted about this and aren't already on my messaging/mailing list, send me a PM and I'll make sure to keep you up to date with releases.

Sorry for the back and forth on this one - releases tend to be a fairly chaotic time but we're doing our best to make sure to keep you informed!

if you have any questions, please ask here in the thread!

Just finished downloading RC1.  Whenever I launch the server with a sample config, I get this error:
XEqGZ6j.png

Update 1: ccoop_extra_ui_materials.brf is also missing.
Update 2: Also terrain_borders_c.brf.
Update 3: Also destroy_snowy.brf, prisonCart.brf, and ccoop_extra_ui_meshes.brf.

After commenting those brfs out, I was able to join the server without any trouble on deathmatch.
Copying each brf from the beta folder also fixes it.

Captain Lust said:
Oliveran said:
When will the module system be released?
Earliest this evening. Latest... hopefully tomorrow evening :lol:.

I can probably leak you an early version if you really need it. Just give me a nudge.

Also, yes RC2 is the version we're currently releasing with!
No need, was just curious! Thanks ~

Lust, when i try to enter my server with neogk, i crash. Can you sent me the module system ? I try to recompile the mod.

Edit. Seems to happen on other server too.
Edit2. All servers i try to join, except invation ones, i crash to desktop.

Hmm it looks like custom mods will probably need to be patched with the updated module system. I'll try and look into this as soon as possible.

Please feel free to link me to your mods and explain what you need so I can try to help out.

In the meantime, here's a quick and dirty look at the module system, in case any of you want to handle a quick port. https://www.dropbox.com/s/dtvwn2p6tif3h7c/Module_system_1170_earlyrelease.zip?dl=1

What's likely is that the new game mode is causing the issue. There's probably a really quick and dirty way of fixing the immediate problem, even without adding the full functionality of invasion to your server. I'll speak to someone and get some clear advice asap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom