[SUBMOD] Tweaking PoP 3.7 (UPD #45, 2016-12-17, 04:34 PM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started playing this mod (it's my fave so far), and was looking for updated information and found nothing until this thread (which was outdated).

Imagine my surprise and happiness to see a comment made within the last week! Is there any updated tweaks in the pipeline? I'm really losing my mind with the AI recruitment rate.

Josheru said:
Just started playing this mod (it's my fave so far), and was looking for updated information and found nothing until this thread (which was outdated).
For general info about Prophesy of Pendor, I'd recommend reading the wiki (http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Prophesy_of_Pendor_3_Wiki?useskin=oasis), plenty of useful info there, especially for new players :fruity:. In case you are new to the forums as well, for tricks, tips, questions, etc. just browse the stickied threads here (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?board=119.0) or look for the stuff you need with the "search" function (only tick the board of Prophesy of Pendor to narrow down the results). Hot topics can be found within the first 5 pages of the board of PoP.

Josheru said:
Imagine my surprise and happiness to see a comment made within the last week! Is there any updated tweaks in the pipeline? I'm really losing my mind with the AI recruitment rate.
The AI recruitment rate of lords and garrisons can be lowered by turning down the "Campaign AI" option (to medium or low) as far as I know. Currently only the tweaks that change a single value have guaranteed compatibility with 3.8 (some of the non-numbered tweaks in the front page of this thread). The numbered tweaks are highly likely that they won't work and will corrupt your savegame by causing unwanted bugs, so be warned! (but people claim that tweak #1 (smarter patrols) can be applied for 3.8 just fine). Leonion replied a while ago that he may (so not 100%) update his tweaks (some are already part of 3.8!) once the last foreseen patch for prophesy of pendor comes out. And that is expected to be 3.8.5. Probably this will be the last patch for Mount and Blade Warband as well (the developer team is planning to move onward to M&B Bannerlord after that)

P.S.: And for questions in the future, I honestly advise you to use the already created stickied threads and other topics on the board (like this one) whenever you can. The reason is that it is usually not welcomed to create a completely new thread for a simple question (while there is a stickied "Quick questions & answers" thread just for this case e.g.) and pushing down some really interesting unstickied topics in the list, technically littering the board with garbage. And you can usually find similar topics related to your more complex questions by searching a little and post there :wink:.

Hello there, does anyone know if these tweaks work with the latest version? I mostly don't want to corrupt my "Save when quiting" save files >.>
15.Sending troops from your party to any walled fief you own
17.Forbidding weak lords to raid villages
I'm on my third complete playthrough/full-conquest of this mod and I understand some if not most of the reasons behind balancing decisions and such in it. Like having *****y lords and other stuff.. However I finally got fed up by those pesky lords with 10 troops running around raiding villages in my Kingdom.
My usual strategy is basically steamroll/blitzkrieg through any enemy kingdom with a retinue of one or another knight hood order and relying mostly on Companion-Lords rather than the original ones.
However in my latest game(current) I decided to do something I never do and that is befriend upstanding/good-natured lords and actually create a semi functioning kingdom so in short the long way, my usual campaign's last no more than 700-800 days for full conquest, here between slow relationship griding and simply not conquering stuff because you have no lords to give it to extended my current game past 1k days and still going, I guess I could always steam roll my way to victory but I digress, most of the issues I have (more regarding M&B in general rather than PoP) is the end-game and I find the tweaks mentioned above to be very important:

1. Capturin Towns/Castles and reinforcing them is extremly annoying when you have to make multiple trips back and forth between your main troop garrisons and the newley acquired fief, thus sending a few hundred soldiers via the 15th tweak would be a godsend. ESPECIALLY mid game when you're a vassal and probably don't have a high party capacity making the trips even more frequent to move a few hundred soldiers to new fiefs.

2. What I found out by constantly releasing lords trying to grind that relationship to be able to recruit them is that they tend to lose money(DUH) and thus to return to raiding (even good lords) rather quickly and since they're poor they have mere 10-15 men which are much harder to catch with your main force;
And limiting the AI's ability to spam my screen with "Retard McPoorWith10men of the D'Shar is laying waste to a village half way across the map" highley appreciated..

3.[Tweak Request - Vassal Tax] What really annoyes me about M&B end-game in general is that there is hardly any incentive to actually form a kingdom proper/become a king except basic conquest and elimination. I personally almost never go for the "amass a ****ton of lords" route because.. Why? They are extremly unreliable - when amassing the army for a big siege/fight it takes way to long for those lords to get into place, they bring a ton of unreliable troops like millitia and other cannon fodder and during massive battles (2k vs 2k etc.)even though I have 300-400 CKO's they will be mixed up with the afromentioned fodder and a battle of 200 vs 200 only a 100 of my troops will be elite and the other half pitch fork weilding tards (over exaggeration ofcourse)
(Example: When you have 40 huscarls they can take double their numbers easily in a shield wall with almost no casualties however if the shield wall has gaps of fodder in it the shield wall crumbles and your huscarls get isolated and killed quite easily )

Only reason I see to get lords so far is "Tax Inefficiency" preventing you to controll everything, which is fine and dandy however in a feudal system which M&B tries to imitate vassals would pay a tax to their overlord be that a king/duke, this in my opinion would greatly increase the value of vassals and give a good incentive to create a proper kingdom. Right now even with the Tax Inefficiency I much rather prefer to own most of the walled fiefs and actually garrison them with useful troops like Xbow/Archers and a few kiersguard for the shieldwall, rather have as I said before half of my garrison army consisting of useless Millitia and the lords being over sensetive spoiled brats that are disloyal/useless because I stopped giving them fiefs after they already owned 5 villages and 2-3 castles (which they cant even protect form raiding) and I had to give out fiefs to other lords..
Okay I think my rage rambling subsided to return to the topic: can someone create a tweak/mod that makes vassals (PC included) pay 15-20% of their income to their liege?

Thank you for reading.

Ad 2. Have you tried to speak with village elder in order to create militia patrols (more than one can be raised). Then give them some cavalry units (speed and good autocalc values in open field battles) or few Gladiators (good auto calc, relatively easy to train). They should be able to deal with small lords parties. From time to time replenish their troops.

Ad 3. When you give fiefs to the lords tax efficiency decreases and as a result you have more money. With a bit of imagination this can be treated as income tax payied directly to your treasury by the new owners.

If anyone would be so kind enough, how would I tweak the way the required amount of renown is calculated for completing the "more challenging task" for KHOs? (like increase/decrease the amount of renown required).

The last patch was a nice improvement in many areas, but negated a lot of other modders work with new installations. I managed to get most of my stuff back to par, but some of it you can't change without a ton of hassle. It also seems like they just took a lot of armors from a Game of Thrones mod (I played it and noticed). Same for the map icons I believe. Regardless, it was an improvement.

My biggest irk is the mismatched terrains for plains-towns that look like the desert. A town right by Sarleon for instance looks like a desert town, but it's in the greenest part of the map. If anyone knows the scenes tweak for this, please post it. I used to have the code for the scenes file and can't seem to find it. Asked a long time ago in the Q+A but it was never fixed.

hey all.. i have pop 3.704 and tried tweaking it with tweakMB..  it doesnt support 3.7 so i used the 3.611 modules.. it doesnt support most of the tweaks though.. what i am intrested in is menu_center_improve .. i found the lines in menu.txt and also tried to tweak them myself but it still doesnt work.. anyone has some advise? btw i play trough steam.. dont know if that affects something..

Does anyone know of a tweak to add a shortcut to speak to the steward of any towns/castles you own? (like the "Speak with the Guildmaster" shortcut in towns)

Or where to find a guide for making changes to the menus.txt file to add one?

I found this old post that shows how to add a shortcut for the guildmaster and village elder, but I need info to help me understand why those changes were made so that I can do something similar with the steward:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1275842.html#msg1275842

Recently captured Tuldar Fortress and the steward is on the second floor up the winding stairs.

Something else that would work is to change the player's starting position so that he/she enters the castle standing next to the steward.

Il be honest dude I can't play this mod immersively like I used to due to the fact I can't change my vassal's clothing/armor weapons. You're 6.2 tweak gave me the immersion I needed in this unique mod because It allowed me to give the vassals my culture of armor and rank them based on the armor I gave them now I have a mix of Vassals from different cultures that just look odd with my own rule as a king it's too all over the place you know? Anyways I was gonna ask how do replicate tweak 6.2 myself or when are you gonna update multiple tweaks like 6.2 again for 3.8.4?

Amun-Ra said:
Recently captured Tuldar Fortress and the steward is on the second floor up the winding stairs.

Something else that would work is to change the player's starting position so that he/she enters the castle standing next to the steward.

I didn't find the solution I was looking for but I figured out an acceptable alternative - changing the interior of the castle to that of a different castle (so I can pick a castle interior in which the steward spawns in a more convenient location).

I'll explain the steps I used in case anyone wants to try something similar.

Start with two things in mind - the name of the castle you want to change (Tuldar Fortress, in my case) and the name of the castle that has the interior you want to change it to. I read someone mention Rela Keep as having a nice interior, so I picked that one.

Each castle has a number that corresponds to it. To find the numbers, open the parties.txt file in notepad, search for unique part of the castles' names (I searched for "tuldar" and "rela") and take note of the number of each.

For Tuldar Fortress and Rela Keep, the lines start:
1 77 77 p_castle_38 Tuldar_Fortress
1 60 60 p_castle_21 Rela_Keep

From the part before the name, I can see that Tuldar Fortress is castle number 38 and Rela Keep is castle 21.

The scenes.txt file defines what scene to use for each castle. Before making changes, make a backup of this file.

I searched for castle_21 (Rela Keep), copied the text relating to the interior (including the space after the last zero):

scn_castle_21_interior castle_21_interior 1 interior_castle_c bo_interior_castle_c -100.000000 -100.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0
  1  100000
  1  783

Searched for castle_38 (Tuldar Fortress), replaced the existing text (below) for its interior with what I copied for castle 21

scn_castle_38_interior castle_38_interior 256 none none -100.000000 -100.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x00000007300005000002308c00004a840000624700004fda
  1  100000
  1  800

Save the file and that's it.

Note that I didn't change the number for the castle after pasting it, so I actually have exactly the same lines for both Rela and Tuldar interiors. Apparently, the game assumes that whatever is at that line number in the scenes.txt file is for castle 38, so it goes to that line, which directs it to the scene file for castle 21 (Rela). With this change, the scene file for castle 38 (Tuldar) isn't accessed at all.

You could also edit the scene.
1) Start the mod with edit mode checked in game launcher.
2) Enter the scene. Don't move. Wait for a couple of seconds (sometimes immediate switch to edit mode causes a lag).
3) Click CTRL+E.
4) Right-click the yellow arrow right under your feet.
5) Holding G (back-forth-right-left), T (up-down), Z (rotation) and moving your mouse, move the arrow close to the steward.
6) Ctrl+E. "Yes, save".

Thanks for the tip! I tried playing around in edit mode previously but couldn't figure out how to move the entry point at the time.

hi. how can i add some tweaks to other mod??

>>11. Adding a line about lords' personalities to their "profiles"<<<

i think its very very nice :smile: so i want to use this tweak in Gekokujo mod.  is there any way?

i try to do this thing already . but there are wrong strings in profile :sad:

I don't believe so. You could try using TweakMB (Quests/Guild Master Quests) and tweak the make peace mission to appear more often. Then camp at a town and hope to get the mission that involves the kings you want (save/load).

A king will generally start to consider/accept peace after a minimum period of "war". I am not entirely certain what this period is (conquest of a certain number of fiefs, defeat of a certain number of lords, passing of "x" days, soasf). Also, I do not think your actions count for this period.

What usually works for me is sending a companion to propose peace, after a certain time of war has passed, indifferent to how the war is going: towards me winning or the other.

Does anyone know if the tweak that lets a militia patrol drop off prisoners at a nearby fief works or not in 3.8? How about the tweak that lets a castle steward send units to another fief?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom