Can you refresh which Lords appear in your court ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Wendek

Knight at Arms
Hi, I'm sure it has been asked by someone else already but can't find it.
Basically : my court is too small to account for all the Lords that are defecting to me (I'm in the lategame, 3 factions have been eliminated). Problem is, 75% of those are the assholes that no one wants (trashbags like Meriga and Haringoth). So of course I don't want them in my kingdom because they'll hate me after a few weeks, but on the other hand I don't want to refuse them and take a -10 relation hit, on top of having another enemy on the field afterwards.

Problem : my court is filled with those worthless leeches, and yet I also have a few honorable lords that are "in queue" and that I would gladly accept... except they don't appear in my court. I've found a post from late 2014 that says that "In Diplomacy, the lords are automatically refreshed when the castle is loaded" but that's not my experience, as Plais has been sitting at the exact same spot for at least 150 days by now. I'm using good old Diplomacy 4.3 fwiw, without any other addition.

Thanks for any answer.

Need to talk to them, then the ones that you haven't talked to recently get sorted to show up first.

EDIT: This doesn't actually work with unlanded lords, it only applies to normal lords that are attached to the town.

Yeah that's the thing with unlanded lords, talking to them gives only two possible results : accept or decline (which is -10 relation + another lord being on the field against me, raiding fiefs and making sieges more difficult).
So I take it from your post it's not possible to refresh those in any way ?

For now the "workaround" I've found might actually be a bug itself (carried over from Native I guess, though I never got that far in Native so can't be sure) : Schröedinger's Lords! By this I mean, the unlanded Lords are still present on the worldmap at the same time as they're in my court, although they're not moving. So if I find an honorable lord this way by chance, I can accept him without going through the meeting in the court. Of course, the ones that are defeated (if they were near enemies) don't actually respawn.

Back
Top Bottom