Price lists that i find on the net are not accurate for trade it seems

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone have an updated idea of what prices i should be looking for?  i go from W to E and still can not find any items to trade for profit.  I was using this list..but its not helping at all.

Most Profitable Goods Edit
 Iron. BUY under 150, SELL over 300
 Salt. BUY under 150, SELL over 270
 Oil. BUY under 320, SELL over 450
 Tools. BUY under 380, SELL over 450
 Velvet. BUY under 700, SELL over 950-1000
 Wine. BUY under 200, SELL over 300
 Spice. BUY under 600, SELL over 800
 Flax. BUY under 100, SELL over 150
 Linen. BUY under 220, SELL over 350
 Wool Cloth. BUY under 200, SELL over 270
"Filler" Goods Edit
Buy these to avoid travelling empty, if the above are not available.
 Date Fruit. BUY under 70, SELL over 120
 Fish. BUY under 30, SELL over 100
 Hides. BUY under 90, SELL over 100
 Grain. BUY under 30, SELL over 50

As an avid player of this mod, there is one complaint I have had for the longest time - The trading system. I have searched this sub to its abyss on figuring out how to make trade a viable income, but alas I have found nothing. There are a few posts here and there that suggests that it is indeed possible, but the vast majority on the subject are from people like you who struggle to make it work. It is of my opinion that trading in this mod is very, very hard to manage, and that it requires a lot of research into the economy system to figure out how to do it. My suggestion is to try to overlook this "flaw" of the mod, and rather look at all the amazing features it brings to the native game, instead of dwelling over this issue.

To respond to your actual question, I believe those prices listed are outdated, and that there currently is no price guide for the current economy system in place. To try to make a trade build viable, I think you would have to do the research yourself, to come up with base prices that work, and also see exactly how the economy is being affected by raided villages/caravans/towns.

Because the economy system is so complex in Floris, it would take loads of time and effort to complete a complete guide on a topic like this, which is why I believe there is nothing like it out there. However, should you, or anyone else for that matter, complete something like that, I am sure there are plenty of users like me who would greatly appreciate such a thing.

Sorry for the rambling.

appreciate your info!  I am glad there is not a single post that i was overlooking.  there are different quality to all of the different items also -

Do you by chance know of a post that explains how the industry works?  (example: if i purchase grain (cheep to fine) and take it to my mill and put it into inventory will it then create bread - fine to cheep?  i am enjoying the mod so much, yes..can overlook much that isnt perfect - thanks for response!

Subdural said:
Do you by chance know of a post that explains how the industry works?  (example: if i purchase grain (cheep to fine) and take it to my mill and put it into inventory will it then create bread - fine to cheep?  i am enjoying the mod so much, yes..can overlook much that isnt perfect - thanks for response!

Unfortunately I haven't read any posts like that, but I suppose you could search this forum + other sources and see if you find anything. From personal experience, I've never tried to buy any resources needed for my enterprises, so I can't help you there. I would suspect that the quality of the item you provide for the enterprise to use has no effect on the end product. Meaning that the cheapest grain (in this instance) would be the best. Again, this is only based on assumptions, but you could always test it one week, and see how the difference in income is.

Back
Top Bottom